CMLL (TUE) 05/03/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Record]
***Fan Apperciation Day, May (TUE)***
1) Artillero & Súper Comando b Camaleón & Robin
2) Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Bam Bam, Mini Maximo, Pequeño Halcón
Pierrothito replaced Pequeno Nitro. Current champion Olimpico beat former champion Bam Bam.
3) Arkángel de la Muerte, Dr. X, Skándalo DQ Fuego, Pegasso, Rey Cometa
Dr. X was about to submit to the Fuego-lock, but the ref was distracted, so Dr. X tossed his mask to Fuego to draw the DQ.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. b Metal Blanco [Forjando un Idolo, eightfinal]
Guerrero Maya advances! He took out Blanco with a double underhook piledriver (which was not called one, of course) and faces Angel de Oro on Friday.
5) Diamante, Metro, Sangre Azteca b Misterioso II, Raziel, Virus
Sangre Azteca beat his old friend Misterioso.
6) Atlantis, Héctor Garza, Mr. Niebla b Black Warrior, Máximo, Super Porky
Atlantis replaced Dragon Rojo, and got the win with a surprise small package on Porky.
CMLL already has video up of the tiebreaker match.
CMLL (TUE) 05/03/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) In Memoriam COR Javier Cruz Jr.
2) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Evola & León Blanco
Rudo vs Rudo battle ended with Mr. Trueno eliminated but sneaking back in to foul Leon Blanco to set up the victory.
3) Metálico & Starman b Infierno & Malefico
Metalico replaced Maya, off in Arena Mexico.
4) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Magnus b Cancerbero, Loco Max, Pólvora
Loco Max replaced Euforia. As required, recap of Magnus match points out he’s not very good.
5) Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Psicosis b La Sombra, Rush, Toscano
Psicosis beat Rush with some illicit help from Olimpico. Psicosis and Rush agreed to a title match next week.
I would describe Psicosis’ chances of defeating Rush as “microscopic”, but maybe I’m overstating them. Turnout for this show was said to be poor, which is not surprising with the Invasors on top, but doesn’t say much for Sombra or Rush.
Charly Manson was released on bail last night. There’s not much information; Charly’s brother thanks the AAA and Electroshock (who is also Charly’s brother) and says Charly is well. No info about how Charly got bail or if this means the case against him has changed. Charly’s still not publicly explained his side of the story. Charly’s associate seems to have disappeared from this story. It would not be a surprise if Charly just started appearing back on AAA shows while everyone avoided talking about that situation.
Perros del Mal announced a May 29th TV taping in Mexico City with Los Perros vs Psycho Circus, hairs vs masks. AAA’s under the impression that they’re also doing this match sometime this year, which indicates there’s an out ocming. The specific Perros del Mal included are not named, which is probably really important. They also imply it’s one side losing, but it could just be one person. But who? WHO?
Konnan was on Tercera Caida last night. Retro80s90s posted video: part 1, part 2, part 3. A lot of stuff came up that’s come up before (El Hijo del Santo! CMLL & AAA!) but Konnan did drop the news that AAA would be starting a tournament for AAA trios titles. (Dr. Cerebro, Cerbero Negro, Eterno were mentions as IWRG trio participating – that was the IWRG team that one last time AAA taped in Arena Naucalpan.) Depending on how soon this starts, that could be another match for TripleMania. AAA really doesn’t need any titles when they’re about to hit a year since the Cruiserweight title has been defended, but luchadors love title belts.
The annual Mexico City Lucha Libre La Experiencia Expo will be July 23rd and July 24th. Only two days this year (no more Friday.)
Hernandez is listed on a Nuevo Laredo card next week. Might just be for the show.
Pirata Morgan wants a retirement match with Negro Navarro, “not just a retirement speech, but I want Navarro to disappear forever from wrestling.” He also wants the Hijo del Pirata/Trauma I feud to finish.
Cesar begins a list of the Three Biggest Moments of The First Third of 2011 in CMLL with the Gen 2011 vs Opening Match Types, even while noting there was no real story to begin this feud or any explanation why the Gen 2011 guys are all actually teaming up. Since this feud continue to go on past the May Fan Appreciation shows, Cesar notes this feud could be heading to a major show in June (like the midcarder cage match last year, but with a much more focused build.)
Rob reviews week 2 and week 3 of Forjando un Idolo.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
CMLL in NJPW
05/04: Wataru Inoue, Kushida, Mascara Dorada (O) b Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger (X), Tiger Mask IV
Dorada still getting wins when it doesn’t matter is a good sign. The only pinfall he personally took on the tour was in the title match.
- Skayde talks about his wrestling teaches, and lists six different schools he’s teaching at.
- Polvora figures Forjando un Idolo will just get harder from here, but would like to face Angel de Oro.
- Psycho Clown thinks Dr. Wagner best suits his team.
- Chica Tormenta challenges Princesa Sujei for her DTU appearance.
- Criterio Hidalgo talks to Fenix.
- El Manana interviews Lady Galactic
- Catching up with Super Barrio.
- CMLL Gaceta has profiles of Guerrero Maya Jr. & Maximo.
- Luchas 2000 #568 pushes El Hijo del Santo vs Angel Blanco Jr.
- Veneno, Jack and Black Warrior wrestling in an alley.