CMLL (MON) 05/02/2011 Arena Puebla [Cindo Radio]
4) Valiente b Virus [MEX WELTER]
Valiente kept the title. He’d like a world title match with Averno, Mephisto or Ultimo Guerrero. (Mephisto doesn’t actually have the world title.) Virus gave Valiente credit for the win, called him a good wrestler, and said the wrestling connoisseur would appreciate their bout.
5) Rush, Strong Man, Toscano b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Strong Man replaced Black Warrior.
No results from the early matches as of yet.
CMLL in NJPW
05/03: Jushin Liger beat Mascara Dorada [CMLL WELTER]; 10:04, brainbuster for the win.
Liger’s turned back Dorada and Sombra twice. Liger spoke positively about Dorada, who appeared to have a good tournament, but pointed out he’s beatable on the ground. Liger’s post match comments seem to point to another Sombra match. Dorada will get another singles match with Liger in Best of Super Juniors tournament, which starts up on May 26. Dorada has one more day on the tour, then flies home for Friday’s show.
Cinco de Mayo
Dragon Rojo vs “Angel Azteca” is billed for a NY tequila show on 05/05.
Lucha Va Voom’s shows are main evented by Sicodelico in LA and Casandro in Chicago. That seems unfair to my friends in LA, but they’re certain to get a Lil Chicken who might be Mascarita Dorada on other days. Tickets are $45 at the Mayan in LA (no seats, same prices for everyone) and $25 GA to $150 for booths in Chicago. If anyone’s going, let me know.
Forjando un Idolo
I liked both of them. CMLL’s press release on the tournament says Guerrero Maya Jr. and Metal Blanco will fight tonight as a tie breaker. Winner is second place in Group Charly and meets Angel de Oro on Friday. Press release doesn’t mention it, but the website lists Rey Escorpion with 7 points, having won the final voting point.
On this past week’s TV, Chessman did join Los Maniacos, but they’re now calling themselves La Maniarquia. Also, Dorian brought up Jeff Jarrett by name, so he’s for sure in. Sting? I’m guessing no, though that’d be a big deal.
Rey Escorpion says his son’s illness is “Legg-Calve-Perthes“, a disease attacking the hip which only happens to young boys. The boy has already had two operations, but Rey Escorpion needs to raise funds for a third. All the guys working the 05/21 show volunteered to work on the show (and Shocker will be signing autographs), and Rey Escorpion is grateful for their support.
Princesa Sujei will appear on the next DTU show. DTU’s only used AAA wrestlers prior, I thought they had announced Chessman vs Joe Lider for the next show, and CMLL’s not letting their people work on the same show as AAA people. Whatever the situation, DTU girls working with someone like Sujei is only good news for them.
Bestia 666 will be on the Urban Wrestling Federation show. For his level of experience, Bestia 666 has been perfectly fine (though he hasn’t been in much of a place to show in AAA.)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Cesar says “CMLL did a good job this year“. They still main evented Dos Leyendas with Porky & Maximo and had Mascara Dorada lose to set up a Black Warrior return that’s gone absolutely nowhere, correct? Maybe there was something else I missed where they created a definitive new star.
- DJ Spectro posts video of Gran Cochisse vs Gran Hamada.
- La Secta is not letting losing to the Bizarros stopping them from facing them again.
- Estrellas del Ring interviews Hector Guzman.
- Jorge el Intruso retained the Hidalgo welterweight title.
- Rey Escorpion and Scorpio Jr. talk about their name issue, which actually sounds more like a hair match to come than anything else.
- The Gladiatores interviews Fresero Jr.
CMLL (MON) 05/09/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Centella de Oro vs Espiritu Maligno & King Jaguar
2) Lestat, Metálico, Starman vs Apocalipsis, Arissma, Inquisidor
3) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Lluvia vs La Comandante, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
4) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Máximo vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Texano
5) La Sombra, Rush, Toscano vs Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero
They got all the rudos on the right teams, hooray.