CMLL (TUE) 04/26/2011 Arena Mexico [Record (3-4), Record (2, 5-6), CMLL]
1) Bengala & Cancerbero DQ Apocalipsis & Zayco
Cancerbero replaced Trueno. That ended poorly for Bengala, Cancerbero turning on him.
2) Estrellita, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany b Dark Angel, Estrella Mágica, Luna Mágica
3) Pólvora b Ángel de Plata [Forjando un Idolo]
Polvora  joins Delta as clean sweeping his group. Angel de Plata  was cut down with a dropkick for the loss.
4) Fuego b Magnus [Forjando un Idolo]
Magnus  dominated the match, but Fuego  caught him in a submission for the win. Fuego advances.
5) Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Sangre Azteca DQ Ephesto, Euforia, Raziel
Straight fall win for the tecnicos. Raziel fouled Sangre in the second.
6) Blue Panther, Máximo, Super Porky b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Texano
Tecnicos took the last two falls.
CMLL’s slowed down on the Magnus push. He’s not appearing in Mexico City outside of this tournament and the Gran Alternativa. (He’s only barely in the Gen11 vs veterans feud.) The plan all along was to introduce him and then have him get ring work off TV without exposing him; they still ended up exposing him, but I think they know enough not to push him thru the tournament. CMLL has known enough to have Magnus no longer wear the white Mistico-like outfit (just pink) and he’s no longer using La Mistica. I don’t think they’ve given up on him, but they’ve give on him being a star in the next five minutes.
The reason Charly Manson was denied bail is because his medium sentence – not the maximum, but close to the average – is over five years in jail, which makes it a felony offense, and that automatically triggers no bail. Yesterday’s run of articles have the police accusing Charly of using a wrestling move in the fight, “La Dormilona”, which normally refers to a head to head tope. I’m thinking they actually just mean a headbutt. KrisZ has the complete police report, which notes the maximum penalty is 8 to 10 years and it was actually four officers which eventually got in the fight. The latest articles mention Charly is also accused of stealing a radio, which may start to explain why the conversation with the police officers turned into a fight.
AAA’s reaction, as illuminated by Mi Lucha Libre, is we (and they) should wait to believe anything until Charly gives his side of the story. There’s also a sentiment that the police are not to be trusted, but Charly’s still well screwed if that was the case.
CMLL’s report on the last round of Group Charly matches sidesteps the question of who’s the second luchador to advance entirely. Hmmm. It’d actually be a more confusing situation without the bonus points, since Dragon Lee, Metal Blanco and Guerrero Maya each have one win, and they can’t have known who would’ve gotten those bonus points when they were planning the tournament. Assuming the poll is legit.
CMLL in NJPW
04/27: Davey Richards, Rocky Romero (O), Mascara Dorada b Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi (X), Jushin Liger
- Tiger Kid & Puma King talk about their trip to Brazil.
- Fenix credits Crazy Boy for helping him out and being an example.
- Super Muneco & Super Pinocho talk training techniques.
- AAA will help celebrate the day of the painter.
- Report on Generico in Lima.
- Damian 666, getting a infection cleared up.
- Video interview with El Guerrero, tag champion of the state of Guerrero.
- Super Crazy’s mystery opponents sent in a mystery YouTube video.
CMLL (MON) 05/02/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Blue Center, Silver vs Aguila Guerrera, Ares, Centauro de Fuego
2) Ángel de Plata, Milenium, Sensei vs Akron, Hijo del Signo, Hooligan
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Máximo, Metro vs Shigeo Okumura, Terrible, Texano
4) Valiente vs Virus [MEX WELTER]
5) Black Warrior, Rush, Toscano vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto