Hirooki Goto arrived in Mexico, and went out for tacos. He’s looking for matches with Sombra, Mascara Dorada, and definitely Ultimo Guerrero. He’s also here to check on Yoshihashi; if Yoshihashi doesn’t meet Goto’s quality standards, the novato does not get to team up with the veteran. Goto seems much more stern than Taichi or Naito, so Yoshihashi may be in some trouble.
CMLL promoted the Gran Alternativa yesterday. Depending on where you read, Friday’s show is either the entire tournament or Block A of the tournament. Typical. Angel de Plata is oddly missing from the photo shoot. Escorpion says he was giving it 100% before, but now figures he must be up to 200% or 300% since he’s working with Ultimo Guerrero. He sees Diamante & Sombra as the biggest threat.
“Lucho en Familia”, a new show on TV Azteca, was heavily promoted yesterday. The main character (“Rayo Escarlata“) is a retired masked luchador who’s forced to unretire, though it sounds like the stories are more about his family. Shows will air on Monday night at 10:30pm (so after RAW, on a different network) and the plan is 40 episodes. There’s a mention of lucha libre action being taped at Arena Lopez Mateos and Naucalpan, and the lead says he’s being trained by Turbo & Black Thunder.
DTU’s announced one match for it’s 04/16 Erotica show: Traumas vs Dark Dragon & Fenix, where each team has a stripper and the winning team’s stripper gets to strip. I would guess the losing team’s stripper gets to strip too.
NJPW announced the Best of The Super Juniors Tour will take place from May 26 to June 10 (with a couple dates TBD.) Sombra should be working that tour, possibly with one other.
CMLL luchadors appeared a WBC (boxing) press conference for shows in April. That’s the group that gave a belt to Hijo del Santo, who’s surely displeased.
El Hijo del Santo of personal grips complains that previously unreleased footage of Santo in a movie will be shown at an upcoming film festival. Hijo del Santo objects first because he owns everything about Santo and no one’s allowed to do anything about him without getting his permission, but also because the movie is called “El Vampiro and El Sexo“, the vampires are women wearing very little, and El Santo was (supposedly) totally opposed to anything that would hurt his clean image. According to Hijo del Santo, the director and Santo agreed to never release it, but the film (with multiple language versions) was in a vault for many years until recently found by a granddaugther. It sounds like a clean version of the movie had been released previously, but this would be the not-for-children version.
- Octagon demonstrates his finishing hold.
- Mi Lucha Libre remembers Abismo Negro with an old interview about Mexican lucha vs Foreign lucha.
- Gran Apache believes Hijo de Tirantes isn’t qualified to be a luchador.
- Laredo Kid says he’s going to get to Super Fly. (More, I guess.)
- GALLI posted a music version of the main event I saw, Hammet, Samurai & Shiima Xion vs Low Rider, Pesadilla and Emperador Azteca. It was pretty good.
- R de Rudo has their trip of (fooling around at) Arena Lopez Mateos.
- Kcidis explains how to differentiate between cats.
CMLL (MON) 03/28/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Black Tiger Jr. vs Tigre Rojo & Tigre Rojo Jr.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Lestat, Magnus vs Bobby Zavala, Hijo del Signo, Karisma
3) Ángel de Plata, Fuego, Pegasso vs Euforia, Raziel, Virus
4) Blue Panther, Máximo, Stuka Jr. vs Felino, Misterioso Jr., Vangelis
5) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero vs Mr. Niebla, Terrible, Texano
Main event is a rematch from the last week, still with Bucanero lined up against his partner.