IWRG (SUN) 02/13/2011 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores, Al Filo del Ring]
1) Imposible & Tonatiuh b Fulgore I & Fulgore II
2) El Pollo & Eragon DQ Hammer & Magnifico
Pollo turned on Eragon after Eragon accidentally hit him a few times. Ref waved it off as a DQ. Pollo appeared to join the rudo side after the match.
3) Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Eterno b Alan Extreme, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic
Comando Negro reversed a roll up and grabbed the bottom rope to beat Alan Extreme. Alan shoved the ref for blowing the call. Eterno suffered a wrist injury catching a dive at the end. Golden Magic, replacing the billed Goleador, appears to be a new name.
4) el Ángel, Multifacético, Veneno b Avisman, Destroyer, El Hijo del Diablo
Destoyer’s girl Sherry got involved as usual. She teased kissing Veneno in the third fall, Veneno knocked her away, but Diablo still pinned him.
5) Bobby Lee Jr., Hijo de LA Park, Trauma I b Bestia 666, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
Bobby Lee Jr. replaced Hijo del Pantera. Rudos took the first, tecnicos the second, and Park beat Pirata for the win.
Al Filo del Ring has an interview with Los Gringos.
CMLL (MON) 02/14/2011 Arena Puebla [SporTimes]
1) Black Tiger & Tigre Rojo b Sauron & Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Camorra, Fuerza Chicana, Robin b Camaleón, Freesbe, Lestat
Robin filled in for Zayco. Despite being on the wrong side, he still won. This was Camaleón’s debut in Arena Puebla, and he seems to be showing up much more frequently this year.
3) Sangre Azteca DQ Misterioso II, Loco Max, Ares, Vangelis, Stuka Jr., Sagrado, Metro, Fuego, Delta [cibernetico]
Ares replaced Nosferatu. No order of elimination. Much like Tuesday’s cibernetico, it came down to two guys on the same team. This time, it was feuding Sangre Azteca and Misterioso. Misterioso yanked Sangre’s mask for the rare DQ finish to a cibernetico.
4) Euforia, Pólvora, Virus b Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Rush
Virus snuck in a foul on Rush for the pin. Rush demanded a rematch for next week, and Virus accepted.
5) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Super Porky DQ Averno, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
Rudos took the firs, tecnicos took the second, Averno yanked Dorada’s mask in the third fall.
R de Rudo has a really good interview with Heavy Metal about his life long love of music. Metal believes Arena Naucalpan, in the late 80s, was the first lucha libre arena to use entrance music. The building also doubled as an skating rink (!!) so they had the music and lights already set up.
- Pequeno Olimpico explains he knew he couldn’t beat Bam Bam in the air, so he worked to keep him grounded.
- Mascara Dorada & La Mascara say they’re willing to defend the trios titles against anyone.
- Angel Azteca Jr. was told to rest for a day after suffering a severe bloody nose on Sunday.
- Mi Lucha Libre breaks down the chances of those in Rey de Reyes Block B.
- Lucha Libre USA masks and a six sided ring are on the way.
- Kcidis proves lucha libre is dangerous