CMLL (SUN) 01/16 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, Cesar]
1) Camorra & Zayco b Freesbe & Principe
2) Astro Boy, Höruz, Starman DQ Apocalipsis, Demus 3:16, Skándalo
3) Cancerbero, Euforia, Raziel b Fuego, Rey Cometa, Tigre Blanco
4) Blue Panther, Super Porky, Toscano b Atlantis, Averno, Héctor Garza
5) Místico DQ Último Guerrero
Two singles matches, two wins for Mistico. This one was a bit of a harder win – Ultimo Guerrero got caught fouling him for the DQ. Nothing is settled. As usual.
Guerreros/Avernos and Invasors are feuding, but everyone got a long fine on the rudo side of the semimain.
Tigre Blanco seems like a replacement for no Pegasso, but that’s where they poster had him. (Which maybe means everyone else was busy elsewhere.) It sounds like it may be a long time – if ever – we see Pegasso again due to leg injuries and Rey Cometa may need to make new friends. Cancerberos won cleanly here.
Guerreros Tuareg may have made a New Year’s Resolution to make Starman miserable. Tecnicos took the segunda in straight falls, because Skandalo ripped off Starman’s mask and left him laying. A couple weeks ago, Dr. X did the same thing.
indy (FRI) 01/14 Auditorio de Tijuana [DJ Spectro]
1) Animaniac & Shamu b Spark & Super Mofles
2) Cincio, Viento, Zarco b Enfermero Jr., Memo Velasquez, Tony Casanova
3) Arandú, Star Boy, TJ Boy b Angel Metalico, Camaleon de Oro, Rubi Gardenia
4) Angel Blanco Jr., Hijo de LA Park, LA Park b El Hijo de Rey Misterio, Hijo de Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Latin Lover
5) El Hijo Del Santo b Blue Demon Jr.
Santo won with a foul of all things. Usual mask challenges after the match. This was the best match of the night.
Sounds like a much better attended show than last week’s Misterio Sr. benefit, and a much better run show. Latin Lover and Hijo de Rey Misterio are mentioned as being “erratic”.
CMLL GDL’s Twitter says La Mascara held on to the Mexican National Light Heavyweight Championship over Rey Bucanero, and Noches de Coliseo announcer RJ Figueroa says Chica de Arabia lost his/her hair to Medico Infernal in ACM tonight.
The newest Super Luchas mentions El Hijo de Medico Asesino has signed a developmental deal with WWE. I have no idea who that is – there’s a lot of people who’ve used similar gimmicks in different parts of the country, including one in IWL late last year.
DJ Spectro notes two recent passings: Chamaco Ayala, an Acapuclo luchador who also wrestled as Gran Bardo, was killed in his hometown. Ayala looks to have been a regular on Arena Coliseo Acapuclo cards from the 90s until they stopped running and had some appearances in Mexico City (including taking Panico’s hair!) Jesus Santana, who wrestled as Chico Malo III and Rudy Santana, passed away on the 8th via diabetes.
Nino de Fuego reportedly broke the record for highest dive ever in Arena Aficion. He pulled a New Jack, of course. Nino and his partners Mascara Oriental & Ares (not Puebla) have faced rivals Antar, Cronos & Sairus at least 10 times in the same trios match over the last six months in Arena Aficion. There’s only been 40 shows in the building since then, so once every four shows (or every other week), they’ve done the same exact match. I have many question about what they must think about this, but the big one has to be “Why?” Anyway, doing a match that many times easily explains why people are jumping off high balconies by this point.
- Mephisto says it’s not his fault his punch is so powerful and Fantasma’s jaw is so weak.
- Tigresa Caliente is interviewed to promote next week’s Lucha Libre USA shows. She probably gets to work an actual women’s match this time, with all the people being signed, rather than being oddly lumped in with the minis.
- Tonight’s scheduled main event in Plaza de Toros Torreon: Sombra, Brillante and Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Hijo de Pentagon, Chamuco Trevino, and Psycho
- You remember that great Super Nova poster/card lineup from a couple weeks back? This must be the designer’s flickr account. There’s more vivid and eye catching lucha art there. I hope people outside of Xalapa give him some work, because it’s really good. (Link via WagnerMania.)
- Porra Fresa counts and grades the women and minis who wrestled in Puebla this year.
- The Gladiatores has an interview with Madero’s Reptilius
- Cesar says Triad de Terror need to renovate or realize they’ve been passed by.
- Luchas 2000 #553 teases the return of Mr. Niebla and Black Warrior. Niebla is surely to CMLL (his name wouldn’t be in the best of 2010 most popular rudo poll if they didn’t plan on having him back soon), but Warrior is probably a return to the independents, a return to existing in the lucha world at all, and not necessarily back to Arena Mexico.
- GALLI posted video of Discovery, Golden Star, Guardian vs Emperador Azteca, Demencia de la Muerte, Funebre.
- SuperLuchas #397 has Super Porky and Mistico. Big round number coming up…
IWRG (THU) 01/20 Arena Naucalpan
1) Imposible vs Keshin Black
2) Dinamic Black & Miss Gaviota vs Eterno & Hammer
3) Chico Che, Freelance, Saruman vs Alan Extreme, Maldito Jr., Samot
4) Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco vs Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
5) Multifacético, Pimpinela Escarlata, Trauma I vs Comando Negro, Scorpio Jr., Último Gladiador
Semimain is not listed as a title match but they’ve been setting it up. That’s an eclectic main event tecnico crew.
CMLL (FRI) 01/21 Arena Mexico
1) Leono & Molotov vs Disturbio & Zayco
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Dragon Lee, Rey Cometa vs Hijo del Signo, Loco Max, Skándalo
3) Delta, Diamante, Metro vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Pólvora vs Sangre Azteca [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Rush, Valiente vs Mephisto, Terrible, Texano
6) Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs Héctor Garza, Olímpico, Psicosis
The top two matches are booked with the plan of “whoever we didn’t send to Japan”. The first NJPW/CMLL is the 22nd, but just a few hours after his one wraps up. Only thing of note here is Sangre Azteca and Polvora finally being able to fight each other on purpose for a change.
CMLL (SUN) 01/23 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Trueno vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Astral, Bam Bam, Fantasy vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Metálico vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Nitro
4) Ángel de Oro, Hijo del Fantasma, Valiente vs Terrible, Texano, Vangelis
5) Negro Casas, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
More rudos vs Invasors and Metalico escaping to the tercera for similar depth reasons. I sure hope they don’t book the guys coming back from Japan on the 01/24 Puebla show (but they usually do.)
CMLL (SUN) 01/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino vs Acertijo
2) Hierro & Leono vs Camorra & Infierno
3) Meteoro, Mini Maximo, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
4) Felino & Gallo vs Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado [Relevos Increíbles]
5) Blue Panther, Rotoporky, Toscano vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
Felino/Gallo feud continues here. Misterioso actually held the same title those two are feuding are before Gallo. (There’s a Mictlan reign in between, but he doesn’t seem to exist any more.) Sagrado was available.
IWRG (SUN) 01/23 Arena Naucalpan
1) Centurión vs Keshin Black
2) Kamilion & Sexy Lady vs Dark Lou & La Hechicera
3) Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro, Freelance vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Imposible
4) Multifacético, Trauma I, Veneno vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) Black Terry vs Gran Apache, Ángel Mortal [hair]
Even though the loser of the main event seems pretty obvious, it should be fun getting there.
Getting bookings on La Hechicera is what this IWRG/AAA deal is all about. (Actually, it’ll probably help the indy girls to work with someone who knows what they’re doing, so I shouldn’t be making fun.)
FMLL CMLL (SAT) 03/05 Guadalajara
1) Eléctrico, Mascarita Dorada, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Black Warrior, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito
2) Puma King, Tiger Kid, Virus vs Dr. Cerebro, Trauma I, Trauma II
3) Blue Panther & Solar I vs Negro Navarro & Satánico
4) La Máscara, La Sombra, Valiente vs Héctor Garza, Terrible, Texano Jr.
5) Oro II vs Fantasma de la Ópera [mask]
6) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Note this shows don’t have a locked down building. The promotion talked about using Plaza Liberacion, but it doesn’t sound like a done deal. Oro II vs Fantasma de la Opera builds of their feud at the 2009 GDL lucha libre festival. That’s the first time we’ve seen Mr. Niebla’s name listed on a future lineup in months. Some matches of obvious interest here.
FMLL AAA (SUN) 03/06 Guadalajara
1) Aerostar, Gato Volador, Súper Fly vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
2) El Brazo, Extreme Tiger, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Alan Stone, Decnnis, Tigre Cota
3) Sexy Star vs Mari Apache, La Hechicera, Jennifer Blake, Súper Estrella, Fabi Apache, Magnifica [hair, mask]
4) El Mesías, Electroshock, Jack Evans vs Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
5) Cibernético, Dr. Wagner Jr., La Parka Jr. vs LA Park, Silver King, Zorro
Cibernetico will have been a rudo directly feuding with Parka for months and months before this show, so I guess AAA’s usual house show booking hard at work. The pushed feud in the hair/mask match is Super Estrellas vs Cinthia Moreno. She’s one of two Gran Cochisse daughters; the La Magnfica is either her sister or her mother.
AAA on this date means Rey de Reyes won’t be on this date. AAA being here means that show won’t be.