IWRG (SUN) 11/14 Arena Naucalpan [Al Filo del Ring]
1) Héros b Guerrero 2000
2) Dinamic Black & Eragon b Carta Brava Jr. & Hammer
3) Ángel Mortal, Espectro, Gallego b Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
4) Biba Kasai, Mascarita Sagrada 2007, Miss Gaviota b Jennifer Blake, Mini Histeria, Pasion Kristal
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan b Hijo del Cien Caras & Máscara Año 2000 Jr. [IWRG IC TAG]
The finish is here. Pirata Morgan got the win for his team after a Fuerza punt, a 2 count pinfall, and the Nagata Lock submission he’s been using. That’s clean, I think. Dinamitias attacked the champion during their post match interview.
Tercera was the best match of the night. Imagine that. Gallego was eliminated, but came back in to sneak foul Black Terry. That seems like a rematch to me.
CMLL (SUN) 11/14 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Black Metal & Virgo b Drago & Malefico
2) Goya Kong, Lluvia, Luna Mágica b Amapola, La Comandante, Mima Shimoda
3) Samurai b Evola [hair]
4) Averno, Olímpico, Texano Jr. b Rush, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero b Blue Panther, La Máscara, Shocker
La Mascara has Atlantis all set up for the campana, but Atlantis stole his mask and wrapped up him up. Atlantis traded the mask for a shot the Mexican Light Heavyweight title, next Sunday.
Samurai keeps his hair over Evola, who’s lost twice this year. Olimpico was the Terrible replacement here. Goya replaced Dalis and squashed her opponent.
NJPW announced an upcoming co-promotion with CMLL. Their January 22 & 23rd Korakuen Hall shows will be called “NJPW Presents CMLL Fantastica Mania 2011.” Mistico, Mascara Dorada, and La Sombra are announced for the shows, with an unspecified number of other CMLL luchadors and NJPW talent. On his site, Stuart says the CMLL side may include guys unfamiliar to the NJPW fans. It’s good to see all those La Mascara/La Sombra ads for promoters to call CMLL have finally paid off!
Without knowing how many people are coming, this is all really open ended and tough to guess. There will surely be a CMLL press conference soon that’ll explain this move – whenever they announce the December main event! – but I think we can reason it’ll probably be 8-12 names. Dragon Gate USA usually brings 8 guys over for it’s shows, and I can’t imagine CMLL doing a lot more than that. Plane tickets are expensive! The rest of the show padded out primarily with NJPW wrestlers who’ve spent some time in CMLL over the last couple years: Taichi, Lyger, No Limit, Yoshihashi.
My guess at who works the show (not specifically who I want, but who CMLL might send): Mistico, La Mascara, Sombra, Hijo del Fantasma, Ultimo Guerrero, Dragon Rojo Jr., Negro Casas and Volador Jr.. If they go to 12, I’d add Maximo, Super Porky, Rey Bucanero and Felino. (And maybe we can sneak Perico in the luggage compartment.) 22/23 is a Saturday, Sunday, and doesn’t especially leave a lot behind for a Friday night show, but January isn’t the biggest month here.
Box Y Luchas posts the 3000th cover with the story of how the publication came to be.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Vicente Vilonia of 100% Luchas, the usual top tecnico of the gorup, says he’s retiring on their December 12th show.
- Enrique Vera defeated El Cuchillo in a hair match.
- Diana la Cazadora won Copa LLF.
- A Zacatecas AAA spot show includes Cibernetico, Elegido, Crazy Boy and Gronda in a cage match. (Also, the people who will actually lose.)
- Tuesday night Arena Coliseo Monterrey shows have returned! Kind of – main event is a match between models on an all women’s show.
- DJ Spectro has a second part of it’s Huracan Ramriez bio.
- Cronicas Y Leyendas has video of Los Cowboys in Japan.
- Segunda Caida reviewed the Negro Navarro vs Mondo Guerrero match Alfredo pointed to. This is how the internet works.