Fabian/Metro/Rush vs Okumura/Vangelis/Yoshihashi was not memorable bad, just normally so. The main event is the same match they’ve been running since 2004, though I don’t think Porky was that light in 2004.
PdM (SAT) 11/06 Auditorio de Tijuana [KrisZ, Espaldas Planas, The War]
1) Nikki & Miss Jackie b Christina Von Eerie & Jennifer Blake
2) Bestia 666 & X-Fly b Extreme Tiger & Jack Evans
3) Damián 666, Halloween, Konnan b Charly Haas, Super Crazy, Tony Wilson
4) Blue Demon Jr., Booker T, El Mesías b Big Daddy V, Hernandez, Shelton Benjamin
Perro Aguayo’s absence from this show was announced ahead of time. Dr. Wagner’s was not. (Perros del Mal facebook calls him a diva.) He was roundabout replaced by random person Tony Wilson. Super Crazy remembered he was part of Los Perros and turned on Haas to set up the finish in the semimain. Booker pinned Shelton Benjamin in the main event.
Edit: It was Nikki in the opener.
The Espaldas Planas recap is down on the whole show, except for the Tiger match. They say the attendance was around 1,500, while KrisZ has it around 4,000.
There’s video of this show starting here.
CMLL (TUE) 11/09 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camorra & Zayco b Camaleón & Principe
2) Bronco, Durango Kid, Hooligan b Guerrero Maya Jr., Metálico, Metatrón
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Fuego, Rush DQ Nosferatu, Pólvora, Virus
4) Brazo de Plata, Metro, Toscano b Misterioso II, Texano, Vangelis
5) Atlantis, Averno, Ephesto b Charly Manson, El Alebrije, Psicosis
Atlantis took the win on Psicosis in the main event with a handful of ropes.
Misterioso replaced Terrible. More on that below. Clean tecnico win.
Polvora, perhaps aware his guys were feuding with someone on the tecnico side but not quite clear on which one, fouled Rush for a DQ loss in straight falls. Those two may now be feuding.
Terrible is out three weeks with an ankle injury. He suffered in the NJPW tournament, but didn’t really get it checked on so he wouldn’t miss shows. “My decision was to continue at the expense of anything.” The CMLL press release mentions he and Texano had issues about the ‘light’ drugs Terrible was using to numb the pain. Terrible will be in a walking boot for 3 weeks.
The article also off hand mentions Pegasso will be out 3 weeks with a knee injury. He hasn’t been in the ring since 10/29 (where he was carted off after suffering the injury), but I’m not sure if that two weeks is included in the injury assessment or not.
CMLL in NJPW
11/10: Sombra & Mascara Dorada b Davey Richards & Rocky Romero [Sombra “avalnche-style blockbuster” – looks like a middle rope flipping powerslam? – Romero] – finally, we know who would’ve won in a Sombra/Grey Shadow battle.
Prince Devitt missed the show with an injury. If he’s out for the remainder of the tournament and his team has to forfeit out, then Sombra/Dorada must win tomorrow’s match vs Nosawa & Fujita tomorrow to have a chance to advance. They’re really going to need that win either way to have a shot, and I think it’s a match they should win.
The real news here is Sombra & Dorada are using neat masks.
- Prometo Lucha Libre thinks Toxico made a big mistake by unmasking how he did. I liked the point that this is probably the last time Toxico will be on the cover of a magazine. I greatly agree.
- Cesar evaluates the chances of returns by CMLL departures over the last two years.
- A SuperLuchas post requests the return of blood to Arena Mexico.
- Pequeno Warrior says Electrico started a feud with him because Warrior is charismatic and controversial, but Electrico isn’t on his level and doesn’t deserve a mask match.
- Fabi Apache talks about being a mom luchadora
- Sexi Star talks about her upcoming team in Japan.
- Mi Lucha Libre has photos of 10 Aerostar dives.
- Samurai & Evola signed the contract to their mask match on Sunday in Guadalajara. Rayo Jr. will be honored here on 11/28.
- Mr. Alianza lost his mask in Acapulco, and Los Super Brazos will be losing their hair next week.
- Looks like the troupe of fake WWE wrestlers in northern Mexico have added fake CM Punk, fake the Miz, fake the Undertaker and fake Matt Hardy.
- Chile’s “Los Titanes del Ring” is being brought back on local station UCV-TV starting January 22nd.
1) Rough two weeks for Perro Aguayo Junior: the Perros del Mal show in Cuautitlan was canceled at the last minute, Perrito appeared under the influence on the Tlalnepantla TV taping, and he underwent knee surgery. The knee surgery is surely legitimate, but it’s also a pretty easy cover story for his recent behavior.
2) Rough two weeks for the Invasors: lost title matches for the Women’s and Tag Titles, and lost the tag team titles to Dragon Rojo & Ultimo Guerrero. Mr. Aguila won a cibernetico, but only after it was clear he should’ve been given the loss and was the lesser men. It’s inconceivable any of them will be main eventing a major show. At least one that hopes to draw.
3) Good week for Cibernetico. Despite not actually winning, he assembled four Bizarros: Taboo, Scoria, Amadeus, and Nygma. At some point, they may actually even have a match (right after the Skull Mask guy.)
4) Lucha Libre USA announced an actual season 2, with taping starting on 12/12 and airing still TBD.
5) Lucha Libre Premier announced an actual season 2. They’re actually airing already.
6) Zorro beat Nicho for his hair in a non-TV match.
– Mephisto landed on his head, and will be on bed rest for a week. Terrible & Pegasso are also out of action.
– Arlequin Negro lost his mask.
– AAA & CMLL wrestlers were (and are) in Japan tournaments. Extreme Tiger/Jack Evans have done the best, making it to the semifinals
– Guerra de Titanes will be on 12/05 in Zapopan.
– El Illegal debuted for AAA.