Dark Angel, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Estrellita, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany: Actually kind of good! I doubt they’d actually do it, but this match actually made me want to see an Estrellita vs Dark Angel hair match, even though I think that might make me a bit crazy. I’m also hoping every Tiffany matches features her being completely disguisted the CMLL tecnicas would dare try an offensive move on her.
AAA is calling it’s 10/31 Neza taping: “Horror en la Ciudad.” Too easy. They’ve shuffled the lineup from the original poster. Hernandez is now in the main event and Zorro faces Ozz & Cuervo, Chris Stone replaces Alan Stone, and the ruda women are back to surprise luchadors.
CMLL is giving away free tickets to kids on Friday, Sunday and Tuesday (a Fan Appreciation day) in similar celebration. They want the kids to dress up as their favorite luchador. Suddenly, I’m very certain the tecnicos are keeping their trios titles on Friday. (Tiffany needs to find her Bruja gear.)
Also, CMLL is out at 4:30 this week. At least they are at the moment.
CMLL in NJPW
10/26: Shinsuke Nakamura & Daniel Puder b Terrible & Texano [Nakamura Boma Ye Texano] – Terrible & Texano are stuck at 5 way tie at 2 points, with 3 matches left. Thier next tournament match is not until 11/01.
AAA in NOAH
10/26: Extreme Tiger & Jack Evans b Dick Togo & Yasu Urano [Jack 630 splash Urano] – Jack & Tiger have 5 points, and I believe they’ve clinched 2nd place. They face the winner of the other block on Saturday (finals are the same day), and that will either be ROH’s Eddie Edwards & Rodrick Strong or Atsushi Aoki & KENTA.
Hereos del Ring review from Gaming All the Time: “Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Del Ring isn’t a bad title, just flawed. It is trying to compete in a genre that supports a ton of features and customization without providing much of either.”
FULL (SUN) 10/31 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Alfa 2000, Angel Solitario Jr., Principe Azteca vs Crucifijo, Faceman, Medico Infernal
2) Mr. Aguilita, Mr. Secuestro, Pequeño Halloween, Tequilita vs Chica de Arabia, Mini Gato, Mini Hator, Resplandor
3) Lluvia & Marcela vs Amapola & Princesa Sujei
4) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Super Nico vs Ejecutor, Koko Viper, Memo Valles
5) Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata, Hijo del Ninja vs Difunto I, Difunto II, Veneno Extremo
Maybe CMLL & AAA are alternating weeks here? As soon as I figure it out, it’ll change. The CMLL guys are working at Terraza Elma earlier in the day.
The GDL vs Poder Mexico matches seem like they were setting up a third match where someone on the GDL team finally got a pin. Instead, it just ends with no resolution. Kind off odd. I do appreciate Poder Mexica doing approximently a dozen different low blow dropkick spots so I miss them a little less. Quasi-foul spots are being way over done in CMLL, but this was ridicolous.
Main was also a match that felt like it existed only to set up something, but at least we’re getting Aguila/Sombra next week. (If we can find the show.) It was decent to set up the reason, but didn’t get me particularlly excited for the match. Still have hope that next week’s Aguila/Sombra match.
Dr. Wagner Jr., Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans vs Damián 666, Halloween, LA Park (and part 2): I feel like I had just seen this same match live – there just is A Dr. Wagner vs LA Park match and every one is just a variation of the framework – so seeing it again on TV was less interesting. Especially given how much time they got, more than they really needed. Surely better for those who haven’t seen this in a while. Not that I really should be complaoining about a cruiswerweight winning a main event on this show, but it was odd for Tiger to get the win when he’s not going to be on this again for months and Halloween will be. Decisions arne’t make like that, I know.
AULL (SUN) 10/24 Arena Lopez Mateos [Estrellas del Ring, Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Mi Lucha Libre]
1) Super Mascara b Impulso
2) Espiral, Golden Boy, Super Panda b Aguila Tapada, El Cinico, El Cirujano
3) Chicano Power, Cien Caras Jr., Hombre sin Rostro b Hijo del Senor Tormenta, Nuevo Kato Kung Lee, Yakuza
4) Climax I, Climax III, Climax Jr. b El Mimo, Sanguinario Jr., Tramposo [semifinal]
5) Super Muñeco, Super Pinocho, Super Raton b Chucho el Roto, Super Brazo, Super Brazo II [semifinal]
6) Super Muñeco, Super Pinocho, Super Raton b Climax I, Climax III, Climax Jr. [final]
7) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo
Main event was a three falls match, with Psycho sneaking in a foul on Rojo in the third fall for the win. After the match, both sets of clowns, Muneco, Pinocho, Raton, Chicano Power, Cien Caras Jr., and Hombre sin Rostro all challenged for cage mask match on 11/28. Coco Amarillo actually lost his mask once, but never mind that.
CMLL (SUN) 10/24 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Templario b Javier Cruz Jr.
2) Hierro & Virgo DQ Ebola & Rey Trueno
3) Black Metal & Neutrón b León Blanco & Malefico
4) Pólvora, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis b Ángel de Oro, Metro, Toscano
5) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Rotoporky b Ephesto, Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila
Main event was short and had a lot of Garza accidentally costing his teammates. Porky suplex Aguila. Odd to read Porky winning without falling down on someone.
Angel de Oro was hurt by a Polvora move in the semimain, which helped the rudos win.
CMLL’s removed the minis match from Friday’s show and added Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Angel Azteca Jr. vs Nitro, Loco Max, and Skandalo in it’s place.
CMLL in NJPW: Manabu Nakanishi, Strong Man, Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi b Terrible, Texano Jr., Jado, Gedo [Nakanishi on Gedo]. Texano & Terrible face Nakamura & Puder tomorrow in the tag team league, then have a few days off.
AAA in AJPW: Ozz & Cuervo were announced for their tag team league. Not enough tag team leagues going on! 9 team tournament runs from 11/20 to 12/07, and might be a true round robin format. Normally, Ozz & Cuervo going elsewhere would be fun, but it seems like an odd time to take them out of circulation. Those dates mean they’re unlikely to be on Guerra de Titanes.
Anyway, this inspired me to book Mexican tag teams for each remaining Japanese promotion (that I can think of, off the top of my head). None of this is real, but if it was
DDT: Gato Eveready and Pimpinela Escarlata
Dradition/Real Japan: any two Brazos (probably already true)
ZeroOne: Turbo & Skyade
Big Japan: Nicho & Lider
OsakaPro: Super Porky & Maximo
666: Damian 666 & Bestia 666
any joshi promotion: Mima Shimoda and whomever, and then I’ll forget to write about it.
Dragon Gate: wait a second, what happened to Cerebro heading over here in October? I suppose he’s still got a week. Hmmmmmm.
El Pancracio has an interview with Tiffany. She separated a shoulder a while back, and that’s why she’s been wearing the brace of late.
I’m surely being overally harsh, but Delta and Diamante were maybe the 6th most interesting team in this one. Cat, Cancerberos, Metalico/Starman (surprsingly), Dr. X/Hooligan and Loco Max/Virus were all easily ahead, and you could argue Astro Boy/Trueno. There were moments where you could see why they’re high on Delta & Diamante, but there’s moments with all of those teams and the guys who win didn’t look much better. Looked worse when their big finishes didn’t actually hit right.
This is the second time Hooligan’s starting hitting people with a boot, and this time was clearly his plan all along. One more timme and we add it to his signature move list.
CMLL (SUN) 10/24 Arena Coliseo [@CMLL_OFICIAL]
1) Bengala & Horus b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Leono, Molotov b Bronco, Camorra, Inquisidor
3) Hijo del Fantasma b Mephisto, Valiente, Rey Bucanero, Taichi, Sagrado, Felino, Máximo, Ángel Azteca Jr., Shigeo Okumura [cibernetico]
4) Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, Místico, Shocker
5) Fuego & Stuka Jr. b Delta & Diamante [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Yes. After all that, after doing nothing with Fuego & Stuka as a team, after moving this to the main event, Delta & Diamante do not win the tag titles. See you in two years.
Taichi reports he had no idea what was going on in his match and didn’t know the rules. (I blame Okumura.) Taichi did get a pinfall on Maximo and is pleased about that. I’ve got the eliminatiosni n reverse order listed above. Perico was unfairly denied entry into this match. Final four were Valiente, Rey Bucanero, Fantasma and Mephisto. Valiente & Bucanero were the token double elimination, and Fantasma pinned Mephisto with a German suplex to take it.
Tony Rivera didn’t wrestle. Surprise. I spend three paragraphs on an near irrelevant mystery just below, but I’d like Tony Rivera continuing to be listed on cards he’s not planning on appearing on to be solved next. Bengala replaced him.
ECLL (SUN) 10/17 Amazura Arena, Jamaica, Queens [Joseph Gessert]
1) Horus (?) b Famous B, Steve Pain, Samuray del Sol
2) Nigerian Nightmare I & Nigerian Nightmare II b Jorge Santi & Shiima Xion
3) Tim Dalton b Fantasma Azul
4) Angel & Goldie b Panther I & Panther II
5) Tiger b Goatboy
6) Comando Jr. b Buffalo Azteca
7) Maximo (NY) b Shortwave
8) Famous B, Sabian, Sumie Sakai b Adonis, Amanda, Angel
9) Bestia 666 b Bufalo Azteca
10) Jorge Santi & Shiima Xion b Benny (?) & Samuray del Sol
11) Seven DQ Tokyo Monster
12) Super Parka b Damián 666
This is the second TV taping for ECLL, which is airing on LFC as “La Noche de Lucha”. I recorded the show this week (and they aired a new episode) and they aired 3 matches, so one taping every month works. They announced a next taping on 11/27 with Mascarita Sagrada & Cien Caras. It was a fun show with some rough spots. Long show too, as anything’s going to be with 12 matches. (Started late, of course.) Attendance was about 200.
Sumie Sakai attacked Angel (the US exotico) & Goldie’s manger Amanda in the 4th match, which stet up the 8th match. Damian and Super Parka got involved in Bestia’s match, which set up their match to end the taping. Otherwise, it was a lot of isolated matches of varying levels.
I think I was warned about Shockwave in the chat last week?
When Zexius got pulled from the Invasor team a couple Fridays ago, there was a message board rumor that Zexius was heading to AAA. I didn’t link to it, because it doesn’t make any sense for anyone involved (what would AAA even do with her?), and it made much more sense that CMLL was giving a valuable spot to a veteran. Cesar explains the situation in a bit more depth: the spot was originally supposed to go for another AAA woman, then Zeuxis got pulled partly because it was a tercera, and partly because “there’s a rule that novata luchadoras can’t appear on consecutive weeks”, if I’m understanding that correctly. I didn’t know that was a rule, and that must be a Friday night only rule. Mima was still in Japan, Hiroka is otherwise busy (pet shop just celebrated an anniversary!) and they didn’t want to turn Dark Angel, so there was no ‘outsider’ to fit the trio and Marcela got drafted. (I guess Comadante is no longer from Argentina? And I guess there’s no one else in the indies they could pick?)
The lack of options doesn’t really excuse CMLL from not giving a public reason for Marcela teaming up with the hated Invasors. All it would’ve taken is Marcela saying she’d team up with even Tiffany & Estrellita if it gets a shot at the ruda champions, but you must do that 30 second speech. You have to try and make sense of it, you can’t just shrug it off.
By the way, Cesar’s ‘hints’ about the person who was talked about jumping but is not at the moment – blond who was formerly in CMLL – match up with Cinthia Moreno. Maybe that’s part of an explanation of why Esther Moreno is back on TV.
IWRG (THU) 10/28 Arena Naucalpan
1) Tonatiuh vs Epidemia
2) Centurión & Dinamic Black vs Alan Extreme & Carta Brava Jr.
3) Bugambilia del Norte, Chico Che, Miss Gaviota vs Arlequin Rojo, Comando Negro, Hammer
4) Chiva Rayada, Gato Eveready, Relampago vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) Joe Lider vs Electroshock, Silver King [bull terrier]
Main event features guys I don’t like in a stipulation I hate. Semimain features Oficials vs high flyers, including a mystery guy who turns up on AAA spots shows but never has made TV. I could not have a bigger interest level between those two matches. I don’t understand why IWRG would pay to bring in a complete non-entity like Chiva Rayada but I don’t understand a lot of things about IWRG.
IWRG (SUN) 10/31 Arena Naucalpan
1) Guizmo vs Alan Extreme
2) Centurión & Dinamic Black vs Epidemia & Keshin Black
3) Diva Salvaje, Golondrina, Miss Gaviota vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Magia Negra
4) Chico Che, Pollo, Tony Rivera vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) El Hijo de Aníbal, Gronda, Veneno vs Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pirata Morgan
Speaking of AAA people who aren’t on TV. Though there’d people I’d cut before Gronda from the main event if we were getting rid of people who were likely being paid more than what they’re worth.
CMLL (SUN) 10/31 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Virgo vs Ángel del Mal
2) Magnum & Samurai vs Drago & Ebola
3) Ángel Azteca, Guerrero Maya Jr., Starman vs Dr. X, Hooligan, Nosferatu
4) Fabián el Gitano, Rush, Stuka Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
5) La Máscara, Sagrado, Shocker vs Héctor Garza, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
So “cards full of stars from Mexico City” turns out to be one extra match. Vangelis would be a poor Dragon Rojo substitutive.
CMLL (SUN) 10/31 Arena Coliseo
1) Camaleón & Robin vs Disturbio & Mortiz
2) Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
3) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Mima Shimoda
4) Delta, Diamante, Máximo vs Shigeo Okumura, Taichi, Yoshihashi
5) Blue Panther, Brazo de Plata, Hijo del Fantasma vs Atlantis, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
Why is Luna back? Hoping that’s a mistake. Yellow Wave get to team up for the first time in this new alignment, unless CMLL changes their mind again.
CMLL (FRI) 10/22 Arena Mexico [Cesar, CMLL]
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II b Mortiz & Semental
2) Ángel de Plata, Starman, Tigre Blanco b Apocalipsis, Durango Kid, Puma King
3) Pequeño Warrior DQ Eléctrico [lightning]
4) Estrellita, Marcela, Tiffany b Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero b Hijo del Fantasma, Super Porky, Toscano
6) El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis b La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada
Warrior stripped off Electrico’s mask around the five minute mark for the DQ. CMLL was hyping up a feud between them before the match.
Invasors (though not Marcela) attacked the CMLL female champs before the match, but the hometown trio turned the tide. SO much so that they got DQed for excessive violence in the first fall. Tiffany beat Amapola to take the second fall, and challenged her to a title match next week. Marcela did try to explain why she’d be teaming with these women (to get a shot at the ruda champions and Sujei’s mask) but it was not her strongest.
Toscano fell badly on a dive, coming down on his left elbow. He was standing on the top rope, waiting to dive, when the ropes shook from underneath him and he fell to the floor. Toscano needed help to the back, which gave the rudo an easy advantage to take the semimain in straight falls.
Before the match, Olimpico danced with one of the edecanes. Cesar says Olimpico had “the grace of a polar bear.” Tecnicos took the first, but rudos rallied back for the second and third. Invasors immediately challenged for a trios title match. Tecnicos wasted no time accepting, but both teams were then jumped by Los Guerreros (more so the invasors). While that was going on, Tirantes (the referee for the main event, naturally) was slipping away from ringside. Negro Casas snuck up on Tirantes, fouled him and pulled him in a dragon sleeper, getting some revenge for last week.
CMLL is on 2pm today.
The CMLL Bodybuilding Contest is November 25th. (That’s Thanksgiving where I live. I think, say, Dragon Rojo and I may have totally different eating habits that day.)
CMLL (TUE) 10/26 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Relampago Azul & Thunder Boy vs In Memoriam & Titanio
2) Astaroth & Samurai vs Acertijo & Infierno
3) Gallo & Leo vs Exterminador & Mr. Trueno
4) Hijo del Fantasma & Toscano vs Felino & Sangre Azteca
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Rotoporky vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Volador Jr.
CMLL (FRI) 10/29 Arena Mexico
1) Apolo Estrada Jr. & Zayco vs Astro Boy & Sensei
2) Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito vs Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito
3) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Diamante vs Euforia, Pólvora, Virus
4) Amapola vs Tiffany [CMLL WOMEN]
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Negro Casas, Último Guerrero vs Máximo, Místico, Super Porky, Valiente
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis [CMLL TRIOS]
Two title matches, and the 2nd and the 5th matches progress directly from last week. Hmm.
This would be Tiffany’s first world singles championship, if you over think it and don’t consider the Reina de Reinas as more than a trophy. When Tiffany was talking herself up on Ras de Lona, she mentioned she was a former Mexican National champion, started to say the name of another one, and quickly changed to “and other championships”
IWL (SUN) 10/31 Gimnasio Pablo Colin
1) Daga vs Suicida, Eterno, Naruto, Cerebro Negro, Aeroboy, Fishman Jr., Black Fire, Ragde, Pesadilla, Hijo de Medico Asesino [hair, mask]
2) Solar I vs Heddi Karaoui [cage]
3) Juventud Guerrera vs Olímpico, Felino, Scorpio Jr., Black Abyss [IWL CONTINENTAL]
4) Marco Corleone & Súper Nova vs Lizmark Sr. & Super Crazy
5) Histeria II & Psicosis II vs Trauma I & Trauma II and Bestia 666 & X-Fly and Carta Brava & Fantasma de la Ópera [cage, IWL TAG]