CMLL (TUE) 10/26 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Freesbe & Hörus b Cholo & Semental
2) Mima Shimoda, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei b Dalys la Caribeña, Lluvia, Marcela
3) Ángel de Plata, Fuego, Rush DQ Arkángel de la Muerte, Cancerbero, Raziel
4) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Metro, Sagrado, Shocker
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero b Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila, Taichi
Atlantis & UG took the third fall with their submissions on Garza & Aguila, then demanded a tag title match. Garza & Aguila thought it over for a bit, and agreed – as long as Tirantes was the ref. The Guerreros agreed to this, showing they need to watch more Negro Casas matches. This at least the third title match for the Invasors in the next week (we don’t know what happened in Puebla yet.)
Metro replaced Stuka Jr. Looks like Shocker had Averno in reinera, but the other rudos made the rescue just in time to get the win.
Straight fall wins for the tercera tecnicos, with Cancebero ripping off Fuego’s mask. This seems to be reoccuring with Fuego.
CMLL.com spells Horus’ name with diaeresis (those two dots) over the o. I have no idea why, but I’m afraid of what strange error this is going to cause the db now.
Quentin Tarantino was in the crowd for this show. Maybe you should read this post with three others at the same time, flipping back and forth until they interweave.
CMLL (TUE) 10/26 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Relampago Azul & Thunder Boy b In Memoriam & Titanio
2) Astaroth & Samurai b Acertijo & Infierno
3) Exterminador & Mr. Trueno b Gallo & Leo
4) Hijo del Fantasma & Toscano b Felino & Sangre Azteca
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Rotoporky b Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Volador Jr.
Maximo beat Volador with a kiss. Rey Bucanero replaced Mr. Niebla.
Toscano is apparently OK. After the others were beat, Fantasma pinned Sangre Azteca to take the third fall.
Gallo had Mr. Trueno set to be finished in the tercera, but Felino walked out to distract Gallo, and Trueno got the pin. Felino is torturing this poor rooster.
Perros del Mal show canceled: Their show scheduled for Auditorio Benito Juarez yesterday was canceled just hours before the show. This is the second show they’ve canceled the day of the event in the last couple months. Perros are putting the blame on promoter Raul Garcia, who did not actually reserve the building. They originally talked about rescheduling the show at another day, but now are offering refunds for anyone who comes to their office (which is no where near the arena.)
The people posting on Perros del Mal’s facebook are generally very angry. The building was still selling tickets after the show had been canceled, and the only way anyone could’ve found out the show was canceled was going to the facebook site. Most people did not, so a lot of people were just standing around outside for a long period of time. The people who own the building didn’t seem to know what was going on (which makes it really confusing why tickets were being sold? ) and there was no one from Perros del Mal there explaining what was going on. That last part is a real problem – if the Perros truly found out the show wasn’t going to happen a few hours before the show, someone should’ve already been there and could’ve hung around to inform people. (With the show canceled, it’s not like they had somewhere else to get to.) If no one showed up, that would seem to mean the wrestlers were tipped off way ahead of the paying customers.
The Perros site insists they’re going to pay everyone back to the last dollar, but they can’t really pay back the time people lost, and plenty of people are never going to be able to get those refunds (so, cynically, the Perros made money last night.) Perros del Mal next big show is that 11/06 Tijuana “War” show. Again, it looks like another promoter is bringing them in and their name, but it still reflects on the Perros del Mal if it fails. Sure hope someone spends some time today actually checking out the people they’re working with, and putting in a process of checking to see the buildings they’re running actually know they’re running there. This is actually something a lucha commission should be looking into, but it doesn’t grab headlines like trying to get Konnan deported.
Lucha Libre USA lives: The new plan is to tape the shows at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, instead of traveling around to half empty venues. They held a press conference yesterday to announce this, with the first taping scheduled for 12/12 (a Sunday) and mentioned as running thru June. ABQ Journal’s article say they’ll be running 12 events. Figure on them running about every two weeks, though I can’t imagine they’ll be running on Christmas Eve. There is NO mention of when they’d be back on MTV2.
Running thru June is interesting, because Charly Manson has mentioned a few times that he’s under contract here only thru the Spring (and would love to get out of it today if all possible.) I believe RJ Brewer’s girlfriend Brooke Carter said something similar when she was rumored to be getting a TNA tryout.
The newspaper says they talked to Sydistiko at the press conference. Huh.
Sangre Azteca is upset with Dragon Rojo, but livid with Ultimo Guerrero. Google translated quote: “I will find a way to confront him, to find them and tell a couple of things, with some few heavy sentences because he deserves it and I can not say the air.” Sangre makes it sound as if there’s a history of issues between him and Guerrero; Sangre used to be in Los Guerreros before forming Poder Mexica, but there’s obviously more going on there.
There’s something more going on with Sangre Azteca. He lost Dragon Rojo and seemingly his trio. He usually gets sent on out for the Europe matches but didn’t go to Monaco. He didn’t wrestle in Arena Mexico in July or August, turned up in September for the Anniversary show, and hasn’t been back since losing to Angel de Oro in a lightning match to start this month, and that’s normally a match he would win.
AAA in NOAH: 10/27 results
Shuhei Taniguchi b Extreme Tiger
Jack Evans b Atsushi Aoki
Jack & Tiger will face KENTA & Atsushi Aoki in the semifinals on Saturday, where Jack will be giving that win back.
Jennifer Blake/Blade had a tryout match for TNA last night.
The annual mass for Oro and all recently passed luchadors was held yesterday in Arena Coliseo. Esto mentions Mascara Dorada, Alebrije, Plata, Fray Tormenta and Pompin as being in attendance.
- CMLL.com says they’re returning to Arena Coliseo Acapulco this weekend, but doesn’t mention the Monterrey shows.
- Prometeo Lucha Libre notes Mascara Dorada’s mask was used in AAA first.
- People in Ciudad Juarez want to create a lucha libre hall of fame.
- Black Terry Jr. has video of, I think, matches on the biweekly Lucha Libre flea market show. Plus, a metric ton of older photos up on flick.
- AAA has a photo of AAA wrestlers on a talk show in 1995 and Ozz building a house.
- CMLL social cause of the day: charity show for hurricane victims on 12/19.
- Heroes del Ring interview @ Platform Nation: “You may find fault with the controls but the story brings to light Lucha Libre style wrestling players will also be pulled into the feel of the Mexican Culture brought out by the wrestlers.” There’s also an interview on ESPN Games.
DTU (SAT) 11/13 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Chika Tormenta, Ludark Shaitan, Sexy Lady vs ?, ??, ???
2) Tacubo & Zumbi vs Bestia 666 & Dinamic Black
3) ? & ?? vs ??? & ????
4) ?? & Paranoiko vs ??? & Sick Boy
5) ? & Murder Angel vs Dance Boy & Violento Jack
6) Aero Boy, Crazy Boy, Joe Lider vs Damián 666, Kaientai, Lord Byron
“Bipolar”. Everything is under usual DTU rules, but top 3 are also Fans Bring The Weapons. No one should bring any weapons at all, just to confuse them. Top matches are also more DTU vs NGX. The 3rd match will be determined by a (unannounced?) tournament in Pachuca. The winnesr of the tag match on this show will be in a big match on DTU’s 3rd Anniversary show, while the losers will have to face off in an apuesta match on that same anniversary show.