CMLL (SUN) 10/24 Arena Coliseo [@CMLL_OFICIAL]
1) Bengala & Horus b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Leono, Molotov b Bronco, Camorra, Inquisidor
3) Hijo del Fantasma b Mephisto, Valiente, Rey Bucanero, Taichi, Sagrado, Felino, Máximo, Ángel Azteca Jr., Shigeo Okumura [cibernetico]
4) Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, Místico, Shocker
5) Fuego & Stuka Jr. b Delta & Diamante [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Yes. After all that, after doing nothing with Fuego & Stuka as a team, after moving this to the main event, Delta & Diamante do not win the tag titles. See you in two years.
Taichi reports he had no idea what was going on in his match and didn’t know the rules. (I blame Okumura.) Taichi did get a pinfall on Maximo and is pleased about that. I’ve got the eliminatiosni n reverse order listed above. Perico was unfairly denied entry into this match. Final four were Valiente, Rey Bucanero, Fantasma and Mephisto. Valiente & Bucanero were the token double elimination, and Fantasma pinned Mephisto with a German suplex to take it.
Tony Rivera didn’t wrestle. Surprise. I spend three paragraphs on an near irrelevant mystery just below, but I’d like Tony Rivera continuing to be listed on cards he’s not planning on appearing on to be solved next. Bengala replaced him.
ECLL (SUN) 10/17 Amazura Arena, Jamaica, Queens [Joseph Gessert]
1) Horus (?) b Famous B, Steve Pain, Samuray del Sol
2) Nigerian Nightmare I & Nigerian Nightmare II b Jorge Santi & Shiima Xion
3) Tim Dalton b Fantasma Azul
4) Angel & Goldie b Panther I & Panther II
5) Tiger b Goatboy
6) Comando Jr. b Buffalo Azteca
7) Maximo (NY) b Shortwave
8) Famous B, Sabian, Sumie Sakai b Adonis, Amanda, Angel
9) Bestia 666 b Bufalo Azteca
10) Jorge Santi & Shiima Xion b Benny (?) & Samuray del Sol
11) Seven DQ Tokyo Monster
12) Super Parka b Damián 666
This is the second TV taping for ECLL, which is airing on LFC as “La Noche de Lucha”. I recorded the show this week (and they aired a new episode) and they aired 3 matches, so one taping every month works. They announced a next taping on 11/27 with Mascarita Sagrada & Cien Caras. It was a fun show with some rough spots. Long show too, as anything’s going to be with 12 matches. (Started late, of course.) Attendance was about 200.
Sumie Sakai attacked Angel (the US exotico) & Goldie’s manger Amanda in the 4th match, which stet up the 8th match. Damian and Super Parka got involved in Bestia’s match, which set up their match to end the taping. Otherwise, it was a lot of isolated matches of varying levels.
I think I was warned about Shockwave in the chat last week?
When Zexius got pulled from the Invasor team a couple Fridays ago, there was a message board rumor that Zexius was heading to AAA. I didn’t link to it, because it doesn’t make any sense for anyone involved (what would AAA even do with her?), and it made much more sense that CMLL was giving a valuable spot to a veteran. Cesar explains the situation in a bit more depth: the spot was originally supposed to go for another AAA woman, then Zeuxis got pulled partly because it was a tercera, and partly because “there’s a rule that novata luchadoras can’t appear on consecutive weeks”, if I’m understanding that correctly. I didn’t know that was a rule, and that must be a Friday night only rule. Mima was still in Japan, Hiroka is otherwise busy (pet shop just celebrated an anniversary!) and they didn’t want to turn Dark Angel, so there was no ‘outsider’ to fit the trio and Marcela got drafted. (I guess Comadante is no longer from Argentina? And I guess there’s no one else in the indies they could pick?)
The lack of options doesn’t really excuse CMLL from not giving a public reason for Marcela teaming up with the hated Invasors. All it would’ve taken is Marcela saying she’d team up with even Tiffany & Estrellita if it gets a shot at the ruda champions, but you must do that 30 second speech. You have to try and make sense of it, you can’t just shrug it off.
By the way, Cesar’s ‘hints’ about the person who was talked about jumping but is not at the moment – blond who was formerly in CMLL – match up with Cinthia Moreno. Maybe that’s part of an explanation of why Esther Moreno is back on TV.
Rob reviews this week’s 52MX & LATV shows.
AAA in NOAH
10/24: Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Eddie Edwards b Yuto Aijima, Atsushi Aoki, KENTA [Edwards pins Aijima]
CMLL in NJPW
10/24: Jushin Lyger, Terrible, Texano b Wataru Inoue, Koji Kanemoto, Tiger Mask IV [Lyger casita Tiger Mask]
- La Parka AAA is on Twitter as @Parka AAA. That one is confirmed. @parkatapia is also now up, but I’m not quite sure about that one.
- Before their show tonight, Aeroboy & Violento Jack contend DTU is better than NGX.
- The press conference for the DTU show appeared to have all the participants sitting on the floor; probably best not to have chairs in that enviorment.
- Black Terry has photos of an AAA spot show in DF, with some familiar people working the openers.
- Mi Lucha Libre has luchadors on parade.
- SuperLuchas #387 has Mexicans in Japan.
IWRG (THU) 10/28 Arena Naucalpan
1) Tonatiuh vs Epidemia
2) Centurión & Dinamic Black vs Alan Extreme & Carta Brava Jr.
3) Bugambilia del Norte, Chico Che, Miss Gaviota vs Arlequin Rojo, Comando Negro, Hammer
4) Chiva Rayada, Gato Eveready, Relampago vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) Joe Lider vs Electroshock, Silver King [bull terrier]
Main event features guys I don’t like in a stipulation I hate. Semimain features Oficials vs high flyers, including a mystery guy who turns up on AAA spots shows but never has made TV. I could not have a bigger interest level between those two matches. I don’t understand why IWRG would pay to bring in a complete non-entity like Chiva Rayada but I don’t understand a lot of things about IWRG.
IWRG (SUN) 10/31 Arena Naucalpan
1) Guizmo vs Alan Extreme
2) Centurión & Dinamic Black vs Epidemia & Keshin Black
3) Diva Salvaje, Golondrina, Miss Gaviota vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Magia Negra
4) Chico Che, Pollo, Tony Rivera vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) El Hijo de Aníbal, Gronda, Veneno vs Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pirata Morgan
Speaking of AAA people who aren’t on TV. Though there’d people I’d cut before Gronda from the main event if we were getting rid of people who were likely being paid more than what they’re worth.
CMLL (SUN) 10/31 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Virgo vs Ángel del Mal
2) Magnum & Samurai vs Drago & Ebola
3) Ángel Azteca, Guerrero Maya Jr., Starman vs Dr. X, Hooligan, Nosferatu
4) Fabián el Gitano, Rush, Stuka Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
5) La Máscara, Sagrado, Shocker vs Héctor Garza, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
So “cards full of stars from Mexico City” turns out to be one extra match. Vangelis would be a poor Dragon Rojo substitutive.
CMLL (SUN) 10/31 Arena Coliseo
1) Camaleón & Robin vs Disturbio & Mortiz
2) Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
3) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Mima Shimoda
4) Delta, Diamante, Máximo vs Shigeo Okumura, Taichi, Yoshihashi
5) Blue Panther, Brazo de Plata, Hijo del Fantasma vs Atlantis, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
Why is Luna back? Hoping that’s a mistake. Yellow Wave get to team up for the first time in this new alignment, unless CMLL changes their mind again.