CMLL (FRI) 10/15 Arena Mexico [Superluchas, CMLL]
1) Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Mascarita Dorada, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito
2) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei DQ Estrellita, Marcela, Tiffany
3) Histeria, Mr. Águila, Ray Mendoza Jr. b Blue Panther, Diamante, Metro
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Valiente [lightning]
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada DQ El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
6) Charly Manson b Negro Casas [hair]
Many tecnicos and rudos accompanied Negro Casas to the ring to show support. Charly got the first, Negro got the second. As Negro went for another casita to take the third, Tiratnes ‘accidentally’ clotheslined him while walking to the corner and pointing at something. Charly immediately got his own casita and won the match. The Invasors all hit the ring to celebrate, and Charly cut off some of Negro’s hair himself. Charly was wearing a “Barrio San Lorenzo” shirt after the match.
Olimpico tried to foul Sombra, got blocked, and pulled his mask off instead. Rudos left all the tecnicos unmasked and made a challenge for the trios titles, should these guys still be champs after Sunday.
Women’s match went straight falls. Sujei tossed her mask to Tiffany in the second fall to draw the DQ. Estrellita crashed and burned on a moonsault, striking her face on the ground, but was out with the rest of the Invasors at the end of the night.
Early photos, during the opener, showed a very empty building. It surely filled in some, but no photos from later indicate it didn’t totally fill in.
Ultimo Guerrero told the ANN that he had not talked to AAA about jumping, claiming he’s never talked to the man who runs AAA. He’s very happy in CMLL and will tell everyone himself if he ever decides to secretly leave.
Starting 10/31 and continuing for the rest of the month, CMLL will be running full DF cards in Guadalajara on Sundays. Someone else running there? CMLL trying to keep the DF people happy by handing out a few extra bookings?
Ras de Lona had a new graphic package, focusing on Sombra vs Dragon Rojo. Lots of talk with people who have big matches the next few days. There was a bit with Blue Panther talking about all the big masks he won. Negro Casas does a strong fired up promo for the hair match. Also, Milano’s invisible dog has come out of retirement to hang out with Taichi.
- Angel de Oro tells Fuego en el Ring he expected to be facing Tiger/Puma or the Cancerberos, not another tecnico team in the tournament final. He’s not the only one who thought that. The final will be tough.
- In a notimex interview with both teams, they promise an exciting match.
- LuchandoLibre has an interview with Axxel
- WagnerMania talks about the possibilities of Canek returning to CMLL (no), a new lucha exhibit at a metro station, and has photos from the AAA show in Guadalalajara.
CMLL (FRI) 10/22 Arena Mexico
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II vs Mortiz & Semental
2) Ángel de Plata, Starman, Tigre Blanco vs Apocalipsis, Durango Kid, Puma King
3) Eléctrico vs Pequeño Warrior [lightning]
4) Estrellita, Marcela, Tiffany vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Super Porky, Toscano vs Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
A couple rematches – both the women’s match, and the main event. The trios champions will be on this card, though it’s not clear what match they’ll be in.
MW (SUN) 10/24 Amarillo Convention Center, Amarillo, TX
1) Pequeño Halloween & Torerito vs Charly Malice & Rocky Romero
2) Magno vs Mascarita Dorada
3) Oriental vs Súper Nova
4) Casandro & Mini Park vs Chi Chi & Tigresa Caliente
5) Tinieblas Jr. vs Hijo del Lizmark
6) Marco Corleone & Octagoncito vs Brooke Carter & RJ Brewer
Yea, they’re still running occasional shows. They’re running about once a month, everyone says their contract ends in March, so maybe five more of these? Tickets are here, from $8 to $48.
PdM (TUE) 10/26 Auditorio Benito Juarez
1) Naruto & Nemesis vs Pesadilla & Ragde
2) Cerebro, Daga, el Ángel vs Bestia 666, Fantasma de la Ópera, X-Fly
3) Octagón, Super Crazy, Tony Rivera vs Damián 666, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween
Maybe a taping? Maybe an odd main event? Yes, that.