CMLL (TUE) 10/12 Arena Aficion [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Ares b Cronos
2) Mascara Oriental & Nino de Fuego b Antar & Zairus
3) Goya Kong & Lluvia b Estrellita & Princesa Blanca
4) Charly Manson, El Alebrije, Histeria b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
5) Olímpico, Psicosis, Volador Jr. b Histeria Jr., La Máscara, La Sombra
First mostly CMLL show here in nearly a year, and the crowd was way up. Mascara Dorada was supposed to be in the main event, but he was replaced by Histeria Jr., who has wrestled on the undercard here at least once. He wrestled as a straight tecnico, and Volador got Mascara clean with a backcracker to take the match.
Tirantes helped Charly get a win in the semimain. Preview for tomorrow? Tercera had 1 of the 4 announced people in it. Nino de Fuego did a balcony dive in segunda.
IWRG FIL (TUE) 10/12 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Snake & Zafiro b Enfasis & Muerte de Plata
2) Arana Negra, Dragon Fly, Matrix b Galeno Kid, Mascara de Oro, Nino Banda
3) Flama Infernal, Rolling Jr., Star Angel b Muerte Infernal, Soldado de la Muerte, Star
4) Dinamic Black, Fly Star, Guizmo b Halcon 2000, Mariscal, Volaris
5) Comando Negro b Guerrero 2000, Keshin Black, Alan Extreme, Bugambilia Norte, 5000 Voltios, Tonatiuh, Fulgor, Leopardo Negro, Killer Jr., Azzael, Centurion, Black Sky, Super Black, Whotan [cibernetico, Torneo FIL]
Show looks pretty well attended for one with no names, but a lot of it seemed like families coming to see their kids get a match. Comando Negro, totally a ringer after winning a hair on Sunday, won the cibernetico over Gimansio Ham Lee by beating Centurion. Black Terry Jr. has this video up, in case you missed it.
CMLL updated their website yesterday. The content is still pretty much the same, but there’s more flash animation and more videos. There’s also some stuff that probably needed one last read thru – the TV section seems to be missing a few shows, the roster section has errors like listing both Fuego and Flash.
They also announced Dragon Rojo has jumped to the Guerreros. This jump didn’t happen in a skit on TV or in a match, but just announcements on CMLL’s websites. Since they announced this on Wednesday, they probably also filmed a bit for Ras de Lona on it, but this way of doing things is lame and unexciting, plus Sangre Azteca & Dragon Rojo were a fun team and they shouldn’t get broken up as an aside. Given it’s CMLL, they’ll probably keep teaming Dragon Rojo with the other two for another couple months, and forgot all about this by January.
CMLL’s new social cause of the week: raising funds for breast and cervical cancer prevention. This joins the eye glasses campaign and the hunger campaigns just in the last month. Also, there’s an article about Mistico visiting a sick child. (And LATV is so far behind, they’re just now airing the Tiger/Puma/Okumura/Lyger visit to a children’s rehab center.) It’s great that CMLL is doing all these charitable events, all at once, but is someone running for senate here or something?
Today in hilarity about Hijo del Santo and patents
- Prometo Lucha Libre says Santo is just in it for the money. This is news? Lucha libre is a lot of things, but it’s been a business since day 1 and the day it’s no longer a business is the day it’s dead. Also suggested here: the internet rose up against Santo (largely driven by AAA) and AAA had not all responded to Santo before now (follow @dorianroldan, especially around lucha libre expo time.)
- Cesar says Santo and AAA (of course, mostly AAA) have exposed the business and opened a Pandora’s box. I don’t think Cesar gives the rest of the lucha libre fandom enough credit, and I don’t think patenting a special move actually exposes anything. If a soccer player patented a cross over dribble fakeout, no one would suddenly believe the move was fake, they’d just think the player wanted some extra publicity. (Actually, that’s such a good marketing idea, I’m surprised Chad Ochocinco or an And1 guy hasn’t done it.) And they probably wouldn’t have a patent category for soccer move or even athletic move either, so it might filled under dance if that’s what was closest.
- Santo’s column doesn’t mention any of this (he approves of Dos Caras Jr.’s decision to unmask) and his Twitter account has ignored that.
That’s the real tragedy here, I had to start following Santo’s horrible twitter feed again on the 2% chance that he acknowledges any of this. Between that and AAA’s three dozen RTs about this in the last two days, I think I’m going to have to unfriend AAA and start making wild accusations about the Psycho Circus again.
- It turns out there was an AAA show in Guadalajara on Tuesday – one never listed on their website – which explains why CMLL ran a full DF card there on the same day. That’s usually the reason, but usually we know about the opposition show in advance.
- Estrellas del Ring has videos interviews with Kaoma Jr. and Comando Negro and text interviews with Nino de Fuego.
- Mi Lucha Libre remembers when Psycho Circus won the Atomicos titles, were stripped of the title, and those titles were never mentioned again. I hope ‘dropped AAA angles’ becomes a weekly feature.
- Bio of Negro Casas to hype tomorrow’s main event.
- Tomorrow’s show will also honor Blue Panther for reaching 30 years of wrestling. He actually did it last year.
- Am.Com.MX has a profile of Angel Divino
CMLL (TUE) 10/19 Arena Mexico
1) Astro Boy & Metálico vs Disturbio & Tiger Kid
2) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Sensei vs Dr. X, Hooligan, Nosferatu
3) Delta, Metro, Stuka Jr. vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Sangre Azteca
4) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Sagrado, Shocker, Valiente
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero vs Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila, Taichi
The Guerreros team up again. Maybe Sangre will become a Cancerebro. Or reform The Alliance?
Tuesday Guadalajara lineup not up, they have listings for August on the GDL and Puebla pages.