I’m going to hit post, and five seconds later, the IWRG results are going to turn up. I’m sure.
Anyway, Hereos del Ring gets here tomorrow (oddly, no midnight store openings) and I’m wondering what y’all would be interested in reading about it here? From the discussions we’ve had about it the last few (many) months, I believe there’s a few people who actually plan on getting this game, and a bunch more who would want to know if it’s actually good (and then maybe a majority of people who can’t/won’t get this and don’t care, but I trust them to skim and move on.)
My plan of the moment is to make nonsensical remarks on Twitter while playing the game and then maybe a post later (this is basically the way?) but if you want me to check out something specifically, I’m totally willing to be your lab rat.
CMLL (SUN) 10/10 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Angelo b Metalik
2) Hierro & Metatrón b Exterminador & León Blanco
3) Horus, Leo, Neutrón b Malefico, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata b Euforia & Misterioso II
5) Brazo de Plata, Máximo, Toscano b Euforia, Olímpico, Psicosis
Both Charly Manson and Histeria did not show; a bit concerning when Charly disappears about this time of the year. CMLL had to know about one of those in advance (Olimpico was one replacement) and not the other (Euforia worked twice.) Tecnicos took the main event in three falls, and tecnicos took the semimain in the straight falls.
Horus beat Mr. Trueno and wants a title shot. Two defenses in two months?
Fuego en el Ring talks to Axel. It’s a lot of the usual stuff, but it’s a slow day. Axel says wrestling promoters told him he was good, but he was just missing a good name & gimmick, so he had this great idea for Nieto del Santo and things progressed from there. Axel says Hijo del Santo doesn’t talk to the rest of the family, outside of occasional lawsuits.
CMLL has a tie up with Microsoft to promote Internet Explorer; you’ve seen the ads in Arena Mexico and the award winning commercial with Volador and Mistico. Microsoft showed off it’s new Windows Phone 7 operating system earlier today, and there’s apparently a CMLL app in the Mexican version of the marketplace. Haven’t found a link about it yet and would assume it’s just the website in one button form created by Microsoft, but it’s still interesting.
NJPW announced the blocks for it’s upcoming G1 Tag Team Tournament, which includes CMLL wrestlers. Strong Style Spirit has them. Strong Man and Terrible/Texano are in different blocks. Terrible/Texano’s block is a group of death, but they do get a matches with No Limit and Giant Bernard/Karl Anderson.
Chessman vs Sugiura made the Japanese wrestling magazines. By the way, the WON explained what’s happening with these: NOAH’s responsible for getting the big AAA shows on in Japan, so they want to get a NOAH wrestler on those shows to come off as international superstars. It seems to be the same way with CMLL & NJPW, but there are actually reasons for the Japanese guys to be there on CMLL’s shows.
- Luchas 2000 has interviews with the Cerebros and Lider/Crazy after their match this past Sunday.
- In Morelia, Angel Dorado II retained the Michoacan Junior championship.
- Prometeo Lucha Libre is a new blog defending AAA. I am so excited. That introduction post comes off like he’s specifically trying to be anti-Cesar, which makes it amusing that Prometo and Cesar have similar posts exclaiming the poor attendance at the WWE shows this week means the certain and immediate doom of WWE in Mexico.
CMLL (SUN) 10/17 Arena Mexico
1) Horus & Metálico vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Cancerbero, Demus 3:16, Raziel
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Metro, Shocker vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Volador Jr.
4) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata vs Delta & Diamante [Arena Coliseo TAG, final, #1 Contenders]
5) Luna Mágica vs Princesa Blanca [hair]
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero [CMLL TRIOS]
CMLL.com is now uploading the posters for the shows, which is more visually interesting than a list of names. (Makes me think we probably should be archiving these, since they’ll probably be gone after a day too, but that’s had a different post.)
The only change from yesterday is Luna vs Blanca is actually for this upcoming Sunday (and I’ve posted the right location time.) This card has three big matches where they’d normally do only a single one for a Fan Appreciation show. Neither the loaded show in Guadalajara tomorrow, the Charly/Negro show on Friday night, nor this show have any evident AAA or Perros competition, but these are the kind of cards CMLL only runs when they want to crush the competition. Maybe recent events have caused a change in philosophy about how these things are doled out?
Right now, I’m picking Angels, Blanca, and champs to win their matches, but maybe they’ll change my mind this week. Six matches means the fun looking segunda won’t air.