CMLL (SUN) 10/03 Arena Coliseo [@cmllmagazine]
1) Cholo & Mortiz b Metatrón & Tijuana Joe
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica b La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Seuxis
3) Nitro & Skándalo b Ángel Azteca Jr. & Guerrero Maya Jr. [eightfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
4) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata b Artillero & Súper Comando [eightfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG,#1 Contenders]
5) Pegasso & Rey Cometa b Durango Kid & Escorpion [eightfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
6) Euforia & Nosferatu b Molotov & Sensei [eightfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
7) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata b Nitro & Skándalo [quarterfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
8) Euforia & Nosferatu b Pegasso & Rey Cometa [quarterfinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
9) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata b Euforia & Nosferatu [semifinal, Arena Coliseo TAG, #1 Contenders]
10) Máximo & Valiente b Shigeo Okumura & Yoshihashi
11) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero DQ La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada
UG took the main event by tossing his mask to Sombra.
Despite having 8 other tag matches on this show, CMLL threw an extra one featuring the Japanese. Maximo & Valiente took the last two falls.
Angels were the favorites going in and lived up to it, going over the CMLL Special Forces, the Tuareg, and Nosferatu & Euforia (who fall one round shorter this time.)
Luna pinned Blanca with her feet on the ropes, after Blanca had done the same last week. I know what this means but I’m preferring not to think about it.
“Tijuana Joe” replaced Tigre Blanco. Maybe a trainee, maybe a friend of Mortiz (who beat him with the Spanish Fly), maybe someone stuck working twice under different names.
DTU (SAT) 10/02 Feria Celco Huiquilucan [Mi Lucha Libre, Estrellas del Ring, Black Terry Jr.]
1) Tacubo b Imperial, Fly Star, Lobo Metalico, Muerte Bucanera, Ciclope, Pequeno Cobra
2) Hormiga & Zumbi b Dinamic Black & Tigre Cota and Hormiga & Tribal
3) Extreme Tiger b Aero Boy, Eterno, Daga
4) Violento Jack b Paranoiko
5) Silver King & Último Gladiador b Crazy Boy & Joe Lider
Lot of people from Heroes Inmortales seemed to cover this one the next day. Crazy, Lider and UG ended up in ambulance after the main event.
Heroes Inmortales links:
- SuperLuchas says the dark match opener was:
Arsenal, Black Master, Sadico (Madero) b Baby Lover, Disturbio Ledesma, Okuzono
- Black Terry Jr.’s photos.
- Estrellas del Ring’s recap.
- Cibernetico says the new Bizarro – who looks like someone who couldn’t decide if they wanted to be Jeff Hardy or Rey Misterio for Halloween and decided to be both – is named Tabu. That’s the name of the National Geographic series Sexi Star and Violento Jack appeared in, which is probably where they got the name idea
- The identity of the motorcycle driver is still unresolved.
- 2nd and 3rd part of MiLuchaLibre’s photos.
Cesar compares the media attention of jumps between promotion and the actual effects. People who jump to AAA, some with evident promises that they’ll be used on top, tend to be stuck in the same spot they came in on. If you’re Wagner or Perro, this works out fantastic, because you’re right where you want to be. If you’re anyone else, you’re probably disappointed in about a year. I believe this isn’t about people who jump, but about AAA – whatever level you start at, you never get to advance past that level. You can move down, but you’ll only get to move up if there’s no other choice (and even that will probably be temporarily; we’ll see if that changes with Ozz & Cuervo but not counting on it.)
SuperLuchas doesn’t have a post about this week’s magazine up yet, but I can tell you that it includes an interview with Gran Cochise, who has been let go as trainer for CMLL in Guadalajara. He doesn’t know why, but moved to Arena Roberto Paz to start training there.
Worth Playing has a very positive take on a preview version of Heroes del Ring.
For a first game in a new wrestling franchise, Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring is shaping up to be a very promising title. It gets a lot of the things that the lamentable TNA Impact game screwed up completely. It’s easy to play, fun against humans or the CPU, and never confusing or overly complicated.
- A Tijuana show with Dos Caras, Solar, Super Astro vs Black Terry, Negro Navarro and Kendo in the main event is said to have drawn 3,500.
- IWL says Scott Summers is being released by a mental hospital to face Blue Demon Jr. At least he has a gimmick this time.
- Blue Panther talks about teaming with Mil Mascaras, before yesterday’s match.
- Lucha2000 #541 has results from Heroes Inmortales.
IWRG (THU) 10/07 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dinamic Black vs Keshin Black
2) Golondrina & Miss Gaviota vs Alan Extreme & Nemesis
3) Aeroman, Brazo Metalico, Freelance vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Magia Negra
4) Chico Che, el Ángel, Suicida vs Avisman, Bombero Infernal, El Hijo del Diablo
5) Christian, Trauma I, Veneno vs Hernandez, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Último Gladiador
I guess Ultimo Gladiador doesn’t have to worry about the Junior Dinamitas not catching him if they’re teamed together.
Last time around, Aeroman was so obviously Mike Segura that the IWRG fans were chanting ‘Suicida’ during his matches. Now, they’re on the same card. Hmmm.
Golondrina (Barn Swallow – a bird) seems to be debuting.
CMLL (SUN) 10/10 Arena Coliseo
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II vs Camorra & Ramstein
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Estrella Mágica, Luna Mágica vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
3) Astro Boy & Trueno vs Loco Max & Virus and Dr. X & Hooligan and Delta & Diamante and Metálico & Starman and Cancerbero & Raziel and Fabián el Gitano & Leono and Puma King & Tiger Kid[Arena Coliseo TAG, tournament]
4) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
Hey, look who’s a Guerrero del Atlantida again. I hope Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero made it up to Rey by taking him to lunch and not sticking him with the bill. (This really makes no more sense than Dragon Rojo teaming with these two guys – Atlantis & UG need to make a new friend instead of stealing them from other groups. Demus is available!)
There’s a reason for Loco Max not teaming with Tuareg partner – Arkangel is the only one left in the tournament, and he’ll be in Japan on this day – but there’s no reason Virus isn’t teaming with one of his stablemates. Polvora is not a tournament, and Euforia continued to team with a guy he broke up with a year ago. Lazy.
Cancerbero & Raziel are the only real obstacle to the Puma/Tiger vs Angels expected final.
CMLL (SUN) 10/10 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Angelo vs Metalik
2) Hierro & Metatrón vs Exterminador & León Blanco
3) Horus, Leo, Neutrón vs Malefico, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata vs Euforia & Misterioso II
5) Brazo de Plata, Máximo, Toscano vs Charly Manson, Histeria, Psicosis
Nightmare tecnico trio. Horus might be back here as a Guadalajara regular rather than a DF guy; it’s unclear.
IWRG (SUN) 10/10 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dinamic Black & Eragon vs Carta Brava Jr. & Epidemia
2) Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro vs Crazy Boy & Joe Lider
3) Christian, El Hijo de Aníbal, Scorpio Jr. vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Kaoma, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
4) Comando Negro vs Freelance [mask, hair]
Busy show. Cerebros vs DTU Heroes should be a memorable match. Semimain is more Anibal/Mascara. Kamoa is probably the Queretaro ex-AAA guy, who may or may not have a mask by this point. And they’re actually putting an IWRG vs IWRG blow off mach in the main event; they usually don’t have that much belief in their own guys.
CMLL (TUE) 10/12 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Astral, Mascarita Dorada, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Estrellita, Seuxis, Tiffany
3) Fabián el Gitano, Horus, Metro vs Cancerbero, Euforia, Raziel
4) Máximo, Rush, Toscano vs Averno, Dragón Rojo Jr., Mephisto
5) Brazo de Plata, Hijo del Fantasma, Místico vs Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
Still haven’t figured out who else is running in GDL, because this is the sort of card they only do here when they want to hurt someone else.