IWRG (SUN) 09/26 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Guizmo & Volaris b Fly Star & Guerrero 2000
2) Jack & Super Halcon Jr. b Epidemia & Nemesis
3) Dinamic Black, Eragon, Freelance b Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Magia Negra
4) Billy Boy, Decnnis, Espíritu b Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown DQ Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
Psycho Circus won the first fall, Oficials won the second, and Psycho Circus faked a foul from Oficial 911. Aw.
The Jr. Dinamitas/Bobby Lee Jr/Scorpio/Scorpio Jr. match went missing and most of the undercard switched around as a result. Militia was all over Dr. Cerbero in the semifinal, mad about him not joining. Team AAA won the first, Terrible Cerebros won fall two. In the third, Cerbero Negro got Billy Boy with the Cerebro Driver, Decnnis evened it up with a martinete on Black Terry. Cerbero Negro went to return the favor on Decnnis, but the referee broke it up. Dr. Cerbero lifted Decnnis up for one instead, but Dr. Cerbero changed his mind and let him down. Cerbero Negro was shocked and rolled up for the loss.
Freelance and Comando Negro used a fork on each other in their match. Freelance got the pin and asked for a singles match before the hair/mask match.
Our old friend Dos Caras Jr. has been in Mexico the last few days, as Alberto del Rio, to prove the upcoming WWE tour. In an interview with Notimex, Dos says a lot of Mexicans could make it in WWE if they have conviction and, first of all, learn English. (Dos is right on that last part.) Dos says you have to adapt to their style and it’s very hard to do, but it’s price for success. Dos notes one luchador was famous in Mexico came to WWE and “failed in a firm way” and another decided at the last minute to come because they were too frightened. Dos was also on Tercera Caida and made the same comments, and everyone figuring the frightened guy was Mistico (which may be WWE’s verison – the contract thing probably was/is an issue.) The luchador who was famous in Mexico but failed is likely Ultimo Dragon, which would also be a WWE version because he did pretty okay for himself in WCW. Dos says he plans on wrestling in the US 8 more years, and then retire as the biggest Mexican wrestler ever. It’s good to have dreams.
CMLL (TUE) 09/28 Arena Mexico [Fuego en el Ring, @cmllmagazine]
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II b Apocalipsis & Disturbio
2) Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito
3) Fuego, Metro, Stuka Jr. DQ Arkángel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo
4) Héctor Garza, Olímpico, Ray Mendoza Jr. b Hijo del Fantasma, Rotoporky, Toscano
5) La Máscara, Místico, Strong Man b Averno, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
Mistico had a quiet night, at least in the ring. Volador feuding with La Mascara instead, and La Mascara caught him with La Camapana for the win. Mascara challenged Volador to a title match, and they agreed to it for next Tuesday (Fan Appreciation show.)
Skandalo is a terror lately, ripping off Metro’s mask here. Good to see Fuego & Stuka getting their teamwork back together before their title defense.
Ultimo Dragoncito replaced Tzuki. He lasted two matches this time.
An AAA article hyping up Fabi’s Mixed Title match is currently mislabeled as “Fabi Apache, for the cruiserweight title” – yes, let’s do that too.
Rob has thoughts on a lot of TV, Mistico, and the Coliseo Tag Tournament.
CMLL (MON) 10/04 Arena Puebla
1) Blue Center & Centella de Oro vs Centauro de Fuego & Mr. Rafaga
2) Metálico, Metatrón, Sensei vs Apocalipsis, Disturbio, Inquisidor
3) Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Shockercito vs Bracito de Oro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
4) Máximo, Rush, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Místico vs Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
Bracito de Oro on the side of the rudos? Yes. Apparently he turned Monday night after he and Shockercito had problems in their loss. Pierrothito is claiming he masterminded the turns of Mini Olimpico and Bracito. I don’t know about that, but I do know we have two guys without masks now feuding (Shockercito/Bracito) so all we need is a masked guy to feud with Olimpico, and Electrico is in this match…