CMLL (MON) 09/27 Arena Puebla [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Asturiano, Black Tiger, Tigre Rojo Jr. b Fuerza Chicana, Sauron, Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito b Bracito de Oro, Fantasy, Shockercito
3) Fabián el Gitano, Rush, Valiente b Demus 3:16, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. b Máscara Dorada, Místico, Toscano
5) Jushin Lyger b La Sombra [CMLL MIDDLE]
Sounds like Lyger won clean, and probably with the brainbuster judging from Sombra’s post match neckbrace. Sombra shook Lyger’s hand and gave him credit for winning. Lyger’s not due to defend this title again this week, so he’ll be going back to Japan with both it and the Universal title. No one’s confirmed it, but he should return around next year’s NJPW’s G1 and keep the middleweight title at least until next year’s Universal tournament.
Crowd was behind the rudos in the semimain, frustrating Mistico again.
Edit: Semimain corrected. Thanks Cecilia.
No word yet of who’s feuding with Bracito de Oro, but surely someone is.
indy (SUN) 09/26 Arena Solidaridad [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Black Soul & Titanik b Crazy Demon & Vudu
2) Corazon Adicto, Gato Volador, Metrosexual b Hijo de Espanto II, Potro Jr., Tigre Universitario
3) Rey Infernal, Salsero, Tigre Negro II b Ángel Espacial, Ricachona, Silver Star
4) Cats, Diluvio Negro I, Raiden b Hator, Monje Negro Jr., Vaquero Romo
5) Hijo del Ninja b Estrella Dorada Jr. [hair]
6) Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween b Axxel, Diluvio Negro I, Hijo del Misterioso
Main event was originally advertised as Axxel, Blue Demon Jr., Hijo de Rey Misterio vs Halloween, X-Fly, Perro Aguayo Jr. (and somehow Super Crazy was supposed to be here as well.) Maybe Misterio was supposed to be Misterioso (the one based in northern Mexico that argued with the CMLL one a while back) all along, and maybe they updated everyone on the Diluvio Negro I/Blue Demon switch a while ago, but that still leaves the Perros side. Perro never showed, and the report mentions both people waiting at the airport for them, and Damian explaining Perro was hurt in Guadalajara. Crowd was very angry about this switch.
This is the second show in a few days Perro Jr. has missed. Don’t have any reports of Perro Jr. wrestling in Guadalajara, but he still might have. I figure Perro Jr. still works Heroes Inmortales (and probably looking completely uninjured) but this is beginning a trend.
Semifinal had all sort of interference and heel referees and Ninja Sr. bloodied, but Hijo del Ninja picked up the ahir win.
NOAH officially announced (via puroresu representing) Jack Evans & Extreme Tiger‘s participation in their junior tag league, which runs 10/15 to 10/30. SuperLuchas had this a few weeks ago. Neither Jack nor Tiger are on Heroes Inmortales (at the moment…) Given that schedule and the TV dates AAA just announced, that means they’ll both be off TV for about a month and a half. Maybe less if they get home for the Halloween taping, but that’s probably pushing it. I have much less sense of how the NOAH/AAA relationship works as compared to NJPW/CMLL, but I figure Tiger/Jack to finish somewhere in the middle of the table, maybe a little lower than that.
In apparent return for that, NOAH’s GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takashi Suguira will defend his title on Friday’s GHC Heavyweight Championship on Friday’s show. (Again, via puroresu representing.) Unless there was stuff on this weekend’s AAA TV, there’s been no setup for this, no reason for anyone who follows AAA to know who this or care who this is, so it’s consistent on how AAA’s used NOAH guys this year. (AAA didn’t seem to mention this until I put a message on twitter last night.) NOAH’s not sending an opponent with him, as it’ll be a yet to be announced AAA guy – but with the card already out and everyone already in matches, the obvious guys (Mesias, Wagner) are busy. Chessman is back from his injury this Thursday in IWRG, so he’d seem like a possibility. Ozz might be one too. Whoever it is likely just to get squashed (no expectation they’re going anywhere with this), so they could put a cruiserweight in thereto be killed in entertaining fashion.
Too bad they said it was an “AAA” wrestler, or I might start talking about Takashi Sugira vs X-Fly battle of the heavyweight champions.
Villano IV worked an Apolo Dantes show in Guadalajara over the weekend, which means he’s probably not coming back to CMLL any time in the near future, as much as the article tries to push a mask match with Ultimo Guerrero or Atlantis. V4 says his son is into music, and not wrestling, but his older nephews may get into lucha libre (though they won’t be using the Villano name.)
Box Y Lucha #2993 has Negro Casas vs Charly Manson, and another story about AAA vowing legal action over the name “Psicosis”. That story doesn’t seem to be moving.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Hijo de Lizmark worked as an Invasor, filling in for Charly Manson, on a CMLL spot show this weekend.
- Heroes del Ring bio of the day: Zombie Clown. So great.
- AAA has a list of TV appearances to promote the video game.
- Starting next week, Negro Navarro will be teaching weekly classes at Arena Lopez Mateos every Monday afternoon.
- Sexi Star talks about her cut from her DTU match.
- AAA will be returning to Monterrey – but it’s only four guys in a 500 seat building.
- DJ Spectro writes about wrestlers from the 30s and 40s and the history of Hombre Bala.
indy (TUE) 09/28 Arena Aficion
1) Kayser vs Chester
2) Silencioso vs Templario
3) Brazo Metalico & Lupillo Rivera vs Anubis & Pendulo
4) Cerebro Negro & Killer Jr. vs Big Boy & Maldito Jr.
5) Bestia 666, Super Crazy, X-Fly vs Emo Xtreme, Punker, Stell Rock
I usually just file Arena Aficion lineups/results in the database, but the Bizarros suddenly reappearing and teaming up deserves extra notice at the moment. “Stell Rock” was here the last couple of Tuesdays, but it wasn’t until the other two showed up this week that I sure it was just another name spelling variation.