CMLL (FRI) 09/10 Arena Mexico [@cmllmagazine, Cesar]
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Guerrero Maya Jr. b Durango Kid & Puma King
2) Cancerbero, Demus 3:16, Raziel b Diamante, Pegasso, Rey Cometa
3) Blue Panther & Máscara Dorada b Hijo del Fantasma & Stuka Jr. [Copa Bicentenario, eightfinal]
4) La Sombra & Místico b Sagrado & Toscano [Copa Bicentenario, eightfinal]
5) Brazo de Plata & Máximo b Rayo de Jalisco Jr. & Valiente [Copa Bicentenario, eightfinal]
6) La Máscara & Shocker b Rush & Strong Man [Copa Bicentenario, eightfinal]
7) La Sombra & Místico b Blue Panther & Máscara Dorada [Copa Bicentenario, quarterfinal]
8) La Máscara & Shocker b Brazo de Plata & Máximo [Copa Bicentenario, quarterfinal]
9) La Sombra & Místico b La Máscara & Shocker [Copa Bicentenario, semifinal]
10) Místico b La Sombra [Copa Bicentenario tecnicos, final]
11) Charly Manson, Olímpico, Psicosis b Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero
Straight fall win for the Invasors. First fall was a DQ on Rey for shoving Tirantes (though it appears Bucanero just pointed at Tirantes and Tirantes fell down, then got back up to call the DQ.) Charly snuck a foul on Negro for the sweep.
The first match of the tournament was said to be really strong. The Porky/Maximo vs Rayo/Valietne match was said to be really poor. Rayo had red/white/green accents to his mask instead of his usual white. Stuka broke out a new black/white outfit for his loss, and Mistico & Sombra had fused outfits. Crowd was really behind Shocker in the tag final, but Mistico & Sombra beat La Mascara & Shocker with their own finishes. Sombra/Mistico was said to be good, with Mistico escaping La Mistica and applying it on Sombra for the win. Volador was at the announce desk, and he and Mistico had words to set up next week’s match.
Both Durango and Pegasso needed help after their matches.
La Parka says Cibernetico isn’t returning his phone calls since Parka accidentally him last week. Seems like they’re setting up a breaking point with Cibernetico on next week’s taping. In related news, AAA has a brief history of Cibernetico which tends to focus on the groups he’ s been part of.
Luchas2000 has Decnnis and Dr. Cerebro hyping a WWF Welterweight championship match for next Thursday. This is the random title Hijo del Diablo showed up with. There’s also a listing of where CMLL’s rolling museum will be appearing over the next couple months.
Canek wants to come back to Arena Mexico. “My performance has not decreased, and I am in a very good stage despite the injuries.” Hmmm. They haven’t given him any dates. Canek assures the writer that he’s working constantly in the north of the country, off TV, but he just thinks he’d fit in well with the Invasors.
AAA will have a press conference/concert to kick off Heroes del Ring on 10/07. It’s going to be a month away tomorrow, might actually want to go preorder it.
For what it’s worth, they were calling Averno’s belt the “NWA Historic” championship. CMLL’s going from using the NWA belt but not the name to using the name but not the belt, and I’m not sure why one is better than the other. Show also featuring Volador explaining how he could beat all 16 guys in the tecnico tournament, and Negro Casas wearing a blank belt while declaring himself #1 contender to Dorada’s title and then taking a phone call from Felipe Calderon.
In actual news: There was a tease of a Invasors/Pesta Negra hair match with all six hairs on the line in a trios match. Olimpico did his first post mask loss interview on this show and came across strong (though I’m not sure what to make of the teased feud with Psicosis since they teamed last night.) There was some hype for a CMLL show at Arena Lopez Mateos…on 09/16, running against the Perros and Invsaors shows. No full lineup, but Mistico & Sombra were names mentioned. Tiffany (using that spelling) was interviewed in the park about her upcoming debut.
- Estrellas del Ring has an interview with DTU about their third anniversary
- R de Rudo has a bio of Monterrey luchadora Maligna
- Manana has a profile of Nuevo Leon’s Camaleon (different than the CMLL one.) He paints cars in his other job.
- Mondo Lucha is tonight in Milwaukee.
Dorian Roldan is complaining me at Twitter for something (the size of Arena Naucalpan?) but I’ve legit been too busy to figure it out yet. I’m sure I’m wrong and he’s right.
CMLL (FRI) 09/17 Arena Mexico
1) Guerrero Maya Jr., Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo
2) Ayumi, Dark Angel, Marcela vs Amapola, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Blanca
3) Virus vs Demus 3:16 [lightning]
4) Brazo de Plata, Shocker, Strong Man vs Héctor Garza, Terrible, Texano Jr.
5) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero vs Charly Manson, Olímpico, Psicosis
6) Místico vs Volador Jr. [Copa Bicentenario]
No hair match, though they continue that feud. Ras de Lona had Felino in Mr. Niebla’s spot. Bet they just didn’t figure he’d show up this week.
Battle of the super minis!
Much better match for Ayumi on this show. Dark Angel/Amapola again.