IWRG (THU) 09/09 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), @gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Alan Extreme b Super Halcon Jr.
2) Brazo Metalico & Dinamic Black b Carta Brava & Comando Negro
3) Chico Che, Eragon, Freelance DQ Avisman, Bombero Infernal, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Marshal DQ Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
5) Decnnis, El Mesías, Último Gladiador b Dr. Cerebro, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan
Pirata got caught pinning Mesias with his feet on the ropes, but Mesias got away with it for the win.
DQ in the semimain was for Hijo de Cien hitting 911 with a chair. Bloody match.
Chico Che replaced Hijo de Pantera. His team won in straight falls. DQ was for Bombero punching Chico Che with a chain.
MW (THU) 09/09 Whataburger Field, Corpus Christi, Texas [@jeremysirio]
1) Chi Chi & Rosetta Park b Azteko & Mini Park
2) Súper Nova b Magno
3) Charly Malice b Oriental
4) Pequeño Halloween & Torerito b Mascarita Dorada & Octagoncito
5) Marco Corleone b Lizmark Jr.
6) Blue Demon Jr. b RJ Brewer
Stadium was 2/3rds filled. IIRC, this was the cheapest prices for a Lucha Libre USA show so far, with lots of $10/$5 tickets and the highest being $30 (where it’s been more like $60/30/20 elsewhere.)
Azteko and Mini Park held a Dance Off between the third and fourth match with people from the crowd. Last weekend, Rocky Romero was said to have done a bit of dancing during PWG’s Battle of LA tournament, and I suspect his mind gets possessed by the spirit of Azteko now and then.
Rudos pulled Dorada’s mask to get the upset win. If this happens to be the last show, I’d be thrilled that Pequeno Halloween went out a winner.
Jeremy says they announced the fifth match as the finals of a tournament, so I think they wrapped up the heavyweight title brackets off TV and Marco’s the champ, but we’ll see if they ignore this later. Super Nova and Sydistiko (??) were the seconds, Marco took the first, Lizmark took the second with some help, and the help backfired to allow Marco to win the third.
Blue Demon Jr. had the owners of the stadium in his corner for the main event.
CMLL FRAM (THU) 09/09 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei b Dark Angel, Luna Mágica, Marcela
2) Demus 3:16, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Bam Bam, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito
3) Hooligan, Loco Max, Skándalo b Ángel Azteca, Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata
4) La Máscara, Máximo, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
5) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Místico b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
The FRAM sponsors shows come to Guadalajara! Or they’ve been there for a while and this one just got a report. Valets were showing off the latest in FRAM autoparts. VIPs got to watch the show with Sombra, La Mascara, Maximo, Valiente and Dragon Rojo, and also got free food. Good times.
Mascara Dorada got Negro Casas again with the casita to take the match.
Shockercito was a replacement for Mascarita Dorada, who was busy with that Masked Warrior show. Demus was with the minis because this lineup was done in advance of him winning the tournament. It might likely be his last minis match, so he killed Bam Bam for old time’s sake. CMLL.com posted an update today saying Demus has “declared war on” Sombra, Shocker, Mistico and STRONG MAN. Demus is a hero. I think, retroactively, we have to declare Pequeno Halloween and Pequeno Damian 666 the greatest tag team ever.
Generic preview of today’s shows. Generic SuperLuchas post of not manning up and making a pick. (C’mon, Alex, don’t pick two.) Generic poll for today’s show.
My pick is Sombra. Why not. It can’t be more off than Averno taking Mr. Niebla’s mask. Today, CMLL.com says Volador has only faced Sombra & Mistico in singles matches, and never any of the other 14 guys. This is not exactly accurate, because he just faced Valiente & La Mascara in the Universal tournament, but perhaps they mean a three fall match.
Otherwise occupied tonight, or I might have run a chat; I’m very interesting in how this match is going to go. Might do one next week if it is the hair match and final, and probably will hold one on 10/01 since both promotions are running.
Fuego en el Ring talks to Olimpico, who is sad and nostalgic but content his mask went out fighting. Olimpico says Exodia has undergone four surgeries to repair a knee cap and it sounds like there’s nothing more they can do to repair it.
On Sunday in Guadalajara, after Mistico and Volador had their match, Mistico yelled at the fans for booing him. Both Mistico ripping the fans and Mistico getting booed in the first place are not big surprises, but I didn’t see this reported elsewhere.
Juvi, Damian, Halloween and Bestia 666 are headed to Italy for a show on 10/09. Looks like Angelico, who left Mexico a while back, is on that show too.
NJPW is running a Super J Tag League in November, a league format of junior tag teams. Mascara Dorada & Valiente were part of the single elimination version earlier this year and it’d make sense for a CMLL team to be included again, except the league is only 4-6 teams and that might not be enough for a CMLL team to make the cut. Worth watching to see if anyone (Sombra?) drops a mention of heading to Japan soon.
Mini Histeria is working hard in the gym to be ready for his title match.
Ephesto talks about surviving the cage match, and possibly having a title match soon with Gallo. Oddly, Ephesto, world champion of light heavyweights, wants a shot at being the Guadalajara champion of light heavyweights. Though I bet that gives away which way this is going.
IWL has added Damian 666 v Villano III to it’s next show, which should be a world title tournament match.
R de Rudo has video of Blue Demon Jr. vs Generico, though that match of epic proportions is shown at an odd proportion.
Stan the Embryo has the latest Slammin’ Stan.
LOdLL (THU) 09/16 Arena Azteca Budokan
1) Concord & Rey Cronos vs Rey Neza & Skoolman
2) Histeria II, Mini Alebrije, Rossy Moreno vs Mini Oriental, Pequeno Angel, Tiffany
3) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Canek Jr., El Hijo del Solitario, Ultramán Jr., Hijo de LA Park, El Hijo de Aníbal, Kung Fu Jr., Fishman Jr. [Copa Jr. 200th Nueva Leyendas]
4) Marco Corleone vs Lizmark Jr., Juventud Guerrera, Oriental, Charly Manson, Zumbido [cage, hair]
This show runs in opposition to the Perros show, and includes a guy whow as on the original lineup for that show (Marco) and plenty of guys who used to be on those shows. I’m thinking Charly isn’t losing his hair on Thursday. The semimain pushes the meaning of the words “Nueva” & “Leyendas”.
JUBA (SUN) 10/03 Aragon Music Hall
1) El Hijo Del Santo & Laredo Kid vs ? & Sangre Chicana Jr.