CMLL (FRI) 09/03 Arena Mexico [@cmllmagazine, Reforma Twitter, SuperLuchas]
***CMLL 77th Anniversario***
1) Dark Angel, Luna Mágica, Marcela b Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
2) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Stuka Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Pólvora, Skándalo
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada b Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) Felino, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero b Charly Manson, Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila
5) Olímpico L Jushin Lyger, Último Guerrero, Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla, Histeria, Psicosis, Místico, La Sombra, El Alebrije, Volador Jr., Ephesto, Atlantis [cage, mask]
Order of elimination is a bit scrambled right now. SuperLuchas has it as
- Mr. Niebla
- Jushin Lyger
- Ultimo Guerrero
- Psicosis – he and Olimpico betrayed each other and tried to leave at the same time, but refs ruled Psicosis got out first
After an 8 minute final, Sombra pinned Olimpico. Olimpico is Joel Bernal Galicia, 44. He said he was a 19 year pro; we have him turning 18 in a week or two – previously unrevealed gimmick? Roy Aguirre, Olimpico’s father, and Exodia, Olimpico’s son, helped him unmask. Exodia’s been retired due to injuries suffered in IWRG, but it’d be no surprise if he turned up in CMLL before long.
Sombra’s the wrestler of the year. I mean, we’ll have a vote and everything, but he won it with two major mask wins.
Everything went the tecnicos way tonight. Semimain was a straight fall win for the cheered Peste Negra. Excessive violence DQ in the first (on Bucanero) and Bucanero pinned Charly in the second. That appears to set up a straight singles hair match between Rey Bucanero and Charly Manson, an AAA match of a parallel reality. Mr. Aguila was also challenged to a hair match, but refused, saying his hair was a work of art. (Probably Aguila/Garza vs Negro/Felino for the tag titles coming soon.) Negro Casas feuded with Tirantes in this match and chased him out of the ring after. If only Negro knew a tecnico referee who could even the odds!
Mascara Dorada did a wacky dive. Dark Angel pinned Amapola in the opener, which may or may not lead anywhere.
Looks like a full house. And a lot of people in the chat.