Fuego en el Ring has an interview with Silueta, unmasked and still very angry about how she lost her mask – she accuses the referee and the commission of being bought off in the middle of her rant. It took this long to get the unmasked photo because Silueta pulled an Amapola on Sunday – she pulled off her mask, immediately covered her head with a towel, and hurried to the back to prevent anyone from taking photos.
The Lucha Libre Expo starts tomorrow. There’s some last second hype:
- NWA Mexico has a video on YouTube hyping their card. I think Skayde and Turbo traded weight divisions again.
- AAA sent out a lot of press releases hyping up their matches for the TV taping, including one wondering if Chris Stone might be joining the rudo side. I could seee that.
- Horus will be teaching children’s olympic style wrestling classes on Friday and Sunday.
- DJ Spectro has a profile of Super Halcon Jr., recently wrestling in IWRG and headling the El Pancracio show.
Vampiro says Los Gargoles (including him) will have a new album out in August. Vampiro says he likes lucha libre, but hates the politics. I would suggest not wrestling in AAA.
In Arena Aficion, Guerrero Warrior lost his mask to Titan. Guerrero Warrior is Johan Morales, 10 years a wrestler, originally from DF. A “Histeria Junior” wrestled in the undercard, wearing the same gear as the original.
If you missed earlier, MTV’s posted the first episode of Lucha Libre USA on their website.
CMLL’s running a show at Arena Neza this Sunday with a minis eight man match. I’m still surprised CMLL hasn’t reflexively run a big match in Coliseo on Sunday against the Perros and AAA shows at the expo. Maybe it’s some sort of group agreement with the expo to not sabotage each other, because CMLL’s made a point of making life difficult for the Perros in particular.
In Lagos, a group of wrestlers have formed an official lucha libre commission so they can get licensed. They’re all students at Universo 2000’s gym there.
Leo Montero talks about his role as interviewer on 100% Lucha. The show is touring Argentina while kids are off for winter break.
Cronicas y Leyendas looks at 1980 trio Mascara Ano 2000, Cien Caras and El Signo.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Ohtani’s Jacket writes about more random matches, including Santo vs Perro Senior.
CMLL (TUE) 07/27 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Relampago vs Cerveruz
2) Angelo & Astaroth vs Ángel del Mal & Infierno
3) Neutrón & Palacio Negro vs Malefico & Mr. Trueno
4) Máximo, Rotoporky, Shocker vs Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Bucanero
5) Metal Blanco & Stuka Jr. vs Exterminador & Máscara Mágica [mask, hair]
So, next Tuesday, not next Sunday. That makes more sense.