CMLL (TUE) 07/20 Arena Mexico [Cesar, @cmllmagazine]
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II DQ Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Pequeño Halcón, Pequeno Maximo, Último Dragoncito b Cisne, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Violencia
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Fabián el Gitano b Arkangel de la Muerte, Dr. X, Skándalo
4) Charly Manson, El Alebrije, Olímpico DQ Máximo, Rotoporky, Sagrado
5) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Strong Man DQ Héctor Garza, Terrible, Texano
Strong Man replaced Sombra. Sombra & Volador also off of Friday’s show, replaced by Blue Panther and La Mascara there. Dunno. Garza fouled Strong Man for the DQ in the main event.
Charly debuted in what was mostly a comedy match. DQ there was for Alebrije faking a foul.
One of the few clean finishes on the night was Fabian getting Dr. X to submit to a potro, after failing at another submission.
New minis were said to look just OK.
DQ in the opener was for Artillero pulling Rayo I’s mask.
CMLL (TUE) 07/20 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Titanio b Black Metal
2) Acertijo & León Blanco b Astaroth & Javier Cruz Jr.
3) Leo & Palacio Negro b Ebola & Ráfaga
4) Exterminador, Máscara Mágica, Pólvora b Fuego, Metal Blanco, Stuka Jr.
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Mephisto b Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Metro
Mephisto replaced Rey Bucanero. Rudos won the main event clean.
Exterminador and Mascara Magica beat Metal Blanco & Stuka by yanking their masks. This suddenly sets up a masks vs hair match for next Sunday.
In a story that looks like it was originally reported by Reforma, and posted by SuperLuchas today, someone left a threatening message on Perro Aguayo Jr.’s phone, saying they’d kill his family if they were not paid off. Since he left a message, the police are tracking the number down. Scary situation.
IWRG (SAT) 07/24 Centro Banamex
1) Chico Che & Freelance vs Eterno & Imposible
2) Trauma I, Trauma II, Zatura vs Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco
3) Aerostar, Extreme Tiger, Gato Eveready, Laredo Kid, Ozz, Pimpinela Escarlata, Último Gladiador vs Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Cien Caras, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Suicida, Veneno [Copa High Power]
4) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. vs Silver King [IWRG IC HEAVY]
Just realized IWRG appears to be running two shows on Saturday. The masked man show is still on, this is in addition to that. At least that’s what I think is going on – the expo site still has the old DTU lineup.
CMLL (MON) 07/26 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano & Stigma vs Fuerza Chicana & Toro Bill Sr.
2) Metálico, Molotov, Sensei vs Durango Kid, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Aereo, Pequeno Halcon, Último Dragoncito vs Cisne, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior
4) Metro, Toscano, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Yoshihashi
5) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Místico vs Charly Manson, Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila
Charly was already booked on a lot of shows before last night, sot hey’re giving him a full run. Stigma is a guy from Coliseo Coalaco.
Dr. Wagner Junior went to the CMLL show in Nuevo Laredo to make sure everyone was talking about him. Mission accomplished! Depending on who you listen to, he has or does not have a contract with AAA, but both sides are saying they’ll still be working together. Before his appearance, Wagner gave the press the impression he was going to CMLL, but that does not appear to be the case. CMLL’s has totally ignored the whole situation, an admirable strategy.
In the actual main event but totally overshadowed, Oriental lost his mask to Mistico. Six days later, Fabian el Gitano also lost his mask, to Angel de Oro. Histeria, involved in both mask matches and rumored to be losing his mask any time soon, still is a masked man.
Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors debuted to okay reviews and an average rating. The ratings trend a few weeks ago is what matters, but they’re not going to have the hype they had for week 1 for all the following weeks.
Mr. Niebla might have gotten the main event of the anniversary show, but no showed a singles match with Mistico and is now on triple secret suspension. CMLL is aware they have their biggest show of the year in eight weeks, but will get to figuring out a main event right after they clean out the garage and mow the lawn. Maybe put up those shelves too. It’s on the weekend list.
For it’s part, AAA’s Verano de Escandalo is just three weeks away, and they don’t appear to have come up with a major show card. They have a card, but it looks like a TV lineup with an uninteresting title match and Perro Jr.’s first appearance tacked on. Underwhelming.
Just after AAA turned Rocky Romero rudo and set up a title match for Verano, Rocky Romero quit the company over a pay dispute. He isn’t the only one who isn’t happy over paycuts, and upcoming lineups have a lot cheaper lineups than usual. AAA appears to be having money issues; coming off TripleMania, the night which would seem to make them the most money of the year, this is especially concerning.
Selected other stuff
Chessman suffered a fractured ankle due to an attack from Nicho el Millionario. AAA ignored the whole thing until Chessman appeared at a show with his ankle in a cast.
Hereos del Ring’s roster was announced, cleverly diverting attention from the game being pushed back (again)
Tirantes refereed some more matches, and everyone realized they really don’t want to see a rudo ref in CMLL in 2010 but it’s not ending any time soon.
Popitekus passed away
CMLL Universal Tournament to start 07/30
Other notable winners: Demus (Bam Bam’s hair), Sexuis (Silueta’s mask), Mr. Aguila & Hector Garza (CMLL Tag Titles), Loco Max (Centella de Oro’s hair)
The women who murdered Espectrito II and La Parkita were sentenced to 47 years in jail.
Guapos vs Metrosexuals is the only part of the IWRG vs AAA feud that’s made sense to me
Strong Man is in the G1. I don’t know. Too bad NJPW wasn’t handing out G1 slots when Dos Jr. was still here and could’ve used the experience.