CMLL (SUN) 05/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Gran Kenut b Templario
2) Relampago Azul & Thunder Boy b Acertijo & Cerveruz
3) El Divino & Leo b Ángel del Mal & In Memoriam
4) Mr. Trueno b Astaroth [tournament, OCCIDENTE LH]
5) Gallo b Malefico [tournament, OCCIDENTE LH]
6) Brazo de Plata, La Sombra, Toscano b Ephesto, Héctor Garza, Terrible
7) Hijo del Fantasma DQ Negro Casas
Negro Casas faked a foul in the second fall, and Fantasma returned the favor in the third.
Garza teamed with the rudos, lost. No one wonder he took his time joiing them.
Gallo & Mr. Trueno meet next week for the Occidente LH title. I’ve actually worked out the brackets to this tournament and feel like I should be hearing a *ding* for some sort of 3rd level achievement. Once I figured out the result I had wrong, it turns out to be a reasonable sensible 10 wrestler tournament. Gallo will have to win his fourth match to take the whole tournament, but he’s Gallo so it seems likely.
CMLL (SUN) 05/23 Arena Coliseo [@cmllmagazine, CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Principe b Apolo Estrada Jr. & Disturbio
2) Horus, Metálico, Starman b Durango Kid, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Fabián el Gitano, Leono, Pegasso DQ Dr. X, Loco Max, Nitro
4) Metro, Rush, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Euforia, Vangelis
5) Máximo, Shocker, Strong Man DQ Rey Bucanero, Taichi, Último Guerrero
Taichi fouled Maximo for the DQ.
DQ in tercera was for Dr. X pulling Fabian’s mask again. You know what would make me look really dumb? If the strange lineup this Sunday was actually cover for CMLL doing Dr. X vs Fabian this week.
(I’m thinking I’m about to look really dumb.)
IWRG (SUN) 05/23 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Comando Negro b Dinamic Black
2) Cerebro Negro, Eragon, Hijo del Pantera b Alan Extreme, Heavy Boy, Hijo del Signo
3) Dr. Cerebro b Fuerza Guerrera [IWRG IC WELTER]
4) Bombero Infernal b Jack [hair]
5) Cibernético, Olímpico, Tinieblas Jr. b Hernandez, Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Hernandez accidentally hit the referee, pinned Cibernetico, but no one counted. Cibernetico got the pin after the ref recovered. AAA says the IWRG guys turned on the AAA guys at the end of the match, though the EdR recap doesn’t mention it.
Hair match was bloody; at least this Jack knew where the blood was coming from.
Dr. Cerebro is already lightweight champion, so he can walk around with a lot of belts that he’s not doing a lot with. This title had been inactive for a year before suddenly doing a title change, so I wonder if this is possibly connected with next month’s visitors…
Vanguardia’s report on an AAA spot show in Satillo includes a mention of Gran Apache being injured in the semifinal.
Estrellas del Ring has an interview with Tijuana’s Pancho Cachondo.
The poster for tomorrow’s Dantes Factory show has Huracan Ramirez vs Olimpico for the UWA Middleweight Championship; Olimpico skipped out on the last show here and they set up the title match with Jaque Mate Jr. instead. (This is why you wait to the last minute to do posters.)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update,