Full results tomorrow, but Jack lost his hair to Bombero Infernal (tough night for Jack) and Dr. Cerebro picked up the IWRG Welterweight Title from Fuerza Guerrera tonight in Arena Naucalpan.
In today’s NOAH show (which is probably yesterday’s NOAH show by the time you read this), Atsushi Aoki & Go Shiozaki beat Takeshi Morishima & Taiji Ishimori for the AAA World Tag Team championship. While you figure out the point to this all, I’ll explain that this means Aoki & Shiozaki are the ones coming to TripleMania, and Ishimori doesn’t have to travel to Mexico on an off day the Best of Super Juniors.
Fuego en el Ring has results from Friday’s Perros show in Zacatecas; Perro Aguayo Jr. won via foul. I’m shocked. Super Crazy replaced Mr. Aguila, “The New York Knockout Nikki” replaced Estrellita. They run again next weekend.
Al Filo del Ring has thought on the Thursday Arena Naucalpan show; attendance dropped off compared to the rest of the IWRG/AAA shows, and maybe AAA needs to think more about who they’re sending.
La Sombra thinks there are only one or two real luchadors among the independents, doesn’t seem them as a challenge, and isn’t that interested in them. La Mascara would be open to forming a new group with his new trios partners, but is in no hurry to do so.
Over on Fuego en el Ring, Satanico talks up a month of anniversary shows at Arena Coliseo Guadalajara, including Rayo de Jalisco and Jushin Liger (mentioned for 06/20, which accidentally confirms he’s coming to Mexico after the Best of Super Juniors.) Satanico wants to do the match with Solar sometime in June as well. Also, they’re changing the name of the attached school – Diablo Velasco’s family doesn’t want his name on the school anymore.
El Manana interviews local referee Coreano, who explains he got into wrestling because of his son, who had been wrestling until injuries forced him out.
Kcidis previews Cibernetico & Abyss vs Zorro & Vampiro.
Cesar looks over Sin Salida – I understand his point about wanting the old guys to put over the young guys rather than just fight the other old guys, but I don’t think the proposed matches don’t really work out that well – and complains about double standards again.
WagnerMania has some neat lucha libre artwork.
This week’s SuperLuchas #365 has an entertaining interview with Rayo de Jalisco. We learn, among other things, that he only asked for a couple month vacation and ended up not returning for five years, that he didn’t come to the ceremony to honor Rayo de Jalisco Sr.’s induction into the Guadalajara Walk of Fame because the promoter (Apolo Dantes) at the time “had no brain” and didn’t invite him, and he’s about five or six years away from introducing a third generation Rayo de Jalisco.
Luchas2000 #522 has the new Invasores and new champions.
IWRG (THU) 05/27 Arena Naucalpan
1) Imperial vs Halcon 2000
2) Dinamic Black & Guizmo vs Alan Extreme & Keshin Black
3) Daga, Eragon, Freelance vs Comando Negro, Eterno, Hijo del Signo
4) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro vs Bombero Infernal, Maldito Jr., Samot
5) Kenzo Suzuki, Silver King, Último Gladiador vs Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Veneno
The way they’ve worked this feud, that main event seems likely to be a draw.
CMLL (SUN) 05/30 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Principe vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Astral, Pequeño Olímpico, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia
3) Delta & Rey Cometa vs Dr. X & Hooligan
4) Fuego, Metro, Rush, Sagrado vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Nosferatu, Pólvora, Skándalo [cibernetico]
5) Brazo de Plata, Máximo, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Negro Casas, Taichi
Pretty random Cibernetico. With only 8 people, they probably can squeeze that match in about 12-15 minutes, about the same as a normal trios. No scheduled Invasor participation despite the following week’s card being based on that feud.
Seemed to me like they dropped Fabian vs Dr. X, based on those two having zero head to head encounters this week. However, they were mask ripping tonight in Arena Coliseo, so maybe there’s something going on here.
IWRG (SUN) 05/30 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dinamic Black vs Alan Extreme
2) Daga & Hijo del Pantera vs Comando Negro & Eterno
3) Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco vs Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, La Roca
4) Bombero Infernal, Maldito Jr., Samot vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) El Elegido, Gato Eveready, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Fuerza Guerrera, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Veneno
La Roca is back here, which is sure to make someone happy. Maybe they’ll revive the Pimpi/Gato romance?
CMLL (SUN) 05/30 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Virgo vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
2) Angelo & Leo vs Exterminador & Rey Trueno
3) Hierro, Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro vs Ephesto, Euforia, Misterioso II
4) ? vs ?? [OCCIDENTE LH]
5) Blue Panther, Gigante Bernard, Strong Man vs Atlantis, Averno, Mephisto
Yep, despite explicitly telling everyone Bernard and Strong Man were going to feud, they’re teaming here as well as Friday in Arena Mexico. I’d be more surprised if we didn’t just go thru the longest Hector Garza rudo turn ever.
Toryumon Mexico (SAT) 05/29 Arena Mexico
1) Hijo del Fantasma vs Máximo, Brazo de Oro, Medico Asesino, Trauma I, Trauma II, Brazo de Platino, Hijo del Signo, Durango Kid, Skándalo [dragon scramble]
2) La Comandante & Mima Shimoda vs Ayumi Kurihara & Marcela
3) Pequeño Damian 666 vs Yoruba [hair]
4) Brazo de Plata, Mil Mascaras, Ring Fujinami, Último Dragón vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Chuck Palumbo, Negro Navarro, Rey Bucanero
Via Superluchas, we actually have a Toryumon Mexico show lineup before it happens! A partial one, at least. You have six days to prepare for the return of Chuck Palumbo. Wonder if someone’s changed between CMLL & Dragon that these shows are now back at Arena Mexico, or if they only have the sponsorship money to rent out the place once a year.
Yoruba’s name turns up in occasional 2008, 2009 and 2010 lineups, but I have no idea who he is. Another stranded forgotten Toryumon wrestler?
Speaking of, SuperLuchas (the magazine) says CIMA and Akira Tozawa are coming to Mexico, first week of IWRG. CMLL would’ve said something at the press conference if they were going there, and AAA would’ve added them to a TripleMania match if they were going there, so I’m guessing it’s a return trip to IWRG.