* Jennifer Blade & Rain vs Fabi Apache & Mari Apache: So since Blade/Blake/whatever has turned up wearing this outfit elsewhere, I guess it’s on purpose – never mind, I shouldn’t talk about fashion. This set up the two matches they were setting up here, it wasn’t bad and the crowd was into it, so good for all that
* Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Sabu:I mean, it’s nice to know Sabu is still capable of flying off things into tables, but I’m not sure if I want to see them. This seemed absurd, more in the surreal sense, and the fans seemed much into the prior match. At least the right guy won clean.
* Cibernético, El Mesías, Heavy Metal vs Chessman, Hernandez, Zorro: in a predictable turn of events, it’s now Heavy Metal who is trying in Heavy Metal matches and me who doesn’t actually care. Vampiro probably should’ve been out to make save or have some other reason to exist here before the ending. If the rudos say they’re bringing a surprise, the tecnicos probably shouldn’t be so friendly with the guy who’s randomlly showing up for the first time in a while.
IWRG (THU) 05/20 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), @gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Dinamic Black DRAW Keshin Black
2) Comando Negro & Hijo del Signo b Daga & Eragon
3) Último Gladiador CO Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
4) Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco b Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro [EdM Trios]
5) Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr. DQ Alex Koslov, Chessman, Cuervo
Missing much of the specifics, but I assume there was some chicanery in the main event. Update: Alex Koslov got caught with a Dinamitas mask for the DQ. Rudos had tossed it to him before it.
Ultimo Gladiador got the singles win for AAA via countout, according to AAA, then was attacked by the Dinamitas.
Gladiatores’ Twitter says the Gringos retained over Terrible Cerebros, so I presume that was a title match. Avisman was hurt during the match.
Opener needs to rematch for rights to use the Black surname.
In addition to the news from the press conference, CMLL.com mentions NJPW’s Yoshihashi will come to Mexico after the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Not sure for how long, though he’s the usual level (low on the totem pole) for a long stay. Also, I love all the picture showing the chain fence wall between the CMLL guys in the Invasors.
UPDATE: CMLL.com has removed the portion about Yoshihashi from it’s news page. Huh.
I have no confirmation, but I believe CMLL still is running the Infierno en el Ring sometime in June. The 6/6 Sin Salida card is really just a fan appreciation card pumped up a bit to run against TripleMania; nothing they’re doing on that card precludes them from running a bigger show on Friday. CMLL did announce they’d be running Infierno en el Ring sometime in June, and I don’t think it’s just a matter of changing the names. CMLL will run occasional large shows on Sundays, but Friday is still the biggest day of the week. They may want until the end of the month, but they’re still doing their cage match before the month is out.
Psicosis III, the one who’s never on TV, declared he is the authentic Psicosis than the one who’s in CMLL right now. Psicosis III comes to this conclusion by noting Nicho endorsed him as the actual Psicosis. By that logic, doesn’t that mean La Parka Jr. is most definitely not the real La Parka?
Chessman explains “I have no luck, luck is for losers”, while vowing to win AAA World Mega title before the end of the year. Also in the article, with quotes from the TripleMania conference, Mini Black Abyss says he’s recovering from injury (maybe that’s why the minis were off TV?)
LLF has canceled their show tonight, saying the city has asked all wrestling shows to take a week off after the gun shots fired at Arena Coliseo Monterrey this Tuesday. No word if the show there will be canceled this Sunday or Tuesday, or if any other shows are actually being canceled.