This is only what’s been confirmed so far. Seems like the matches are going to trickle out one by one.
AAA TV (SUN) 06/06 Palacio de los Deportes, DF
1) Mini Abismo Negro vs Mini Charly Manson, Octagoncito, Mascarita Divina, Mini Histeria, Mascarita Sagrada, Mini Psicosis [AAA MINI, Ladder]
2) Jennifer Blade, Rain, Sexy Star vs Cinthia Moreno, Fabi Apache, Mari Apache [loser is a maid]
3) Nosawa vs Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Extreme Tiger [AAA CRUISER]
4) Abyss & Cibernético vs Vampiro & Zorro
5) Alex Koslov, Chessman, Hernandez vs Heavy Metal, Octagón, Pimpinela Escarlata [seconds hair]
6) Silver King & Último Gladiador vs Atsushi Aoki & Go Shiozaki and James Storm & Robert Roode and Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG]
7) LA Park vs La Parka Jr. [identity]
8) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Electroshock [AAA HEAVY]
As of 05/12
Notes from today’s press conference. Dos de Tres updated about the show, until they just stopped. Maybe there will be more on the main site later? Really, we only got confirmation on one stipulation and the participants for a previously announced match out of all of this.
- Show will be on PPV, as suspected. It’ll air in HD, and Konnan will be part of the announce crew
- The band El Tri will play.
- Cinthia threatened to have the foreign women/Sexi clean the toilets at Arena Azteca Budokan when they lose. Cruel and unusual!
- The Cruiserweight, Women’s match, and Minis match were discussed, but no new details made it to the facebook site. Obviously, Alex is now confirmed out of the cruiserweight match (because the trios match is more important).
- Piero? What were you thinking? Metal & Octagon are not the most reliable duo.
- Next Wednesday’s odd Silver King & Ultimo Gladiador vs Joe Lider & Nicho match is now explained as “winner gets title match” for TripleMania. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Silver King & Ultimo Gladiador advance, because they’d fit in that match fine. It was announced prior that it’d definitely be Lider/Nicho at TripleMania, but that can always change.
- TNA guys apparently do not need to qualify.
- LA Park (uninvited to the press conference, showing up anyway) and Dr. Wagner yelled at each other to make sure we know that’s the match we still want to see.
- The name stip in Parka/Park was the original plan, so nothing much has changed. I think the Legion is supposed to be banned from interfering, not that ever means anything. I think they said the Roldan’s will be in the corners, but I’m confused reading the recaps.
- We’re probably a match or two short still. The losers of the #1 contenders match will likely still get on the card, and we’re missing something out of the Vampiro/Zorro partnership.
As 0f 05/02
The 04/30 taping makes Park vs Parka Jr. official, though AAA was counting it as official a few days prior. They’re still teasing the idea of a stipulation, and the best guess is name vs name.
Luchas2000 reported the minis will be in a ladder match for their title, and the list I have may not be complete. This is a stupid idea.
So far, we’ve had three minis title matches since they’ve created this title. The first time, they threw everyone in a tournament. They second time, they threw everyone in an elimination match. This time, they threw everyone in a ladder match. The wealth of worthless ideas here is amazing.
SuperLuchas says TNA’s Beer Money may be brought in for an international multi-team tag title match. International seems to be the point, trying to make AAA look like a World organization (which is an odd where the main angle for the last half decade has been about those evil foreigners.)
As of 04/29
It could probably use some clarification, but my understanding is this will air on PPV, and not on the regular TV show. Maybe, like with last year’s TripleMania, it will turned up on TV next winter, but I don’t expect this to air in the US for quite some time. (There’s been no recent talk of US PPV.) AAA says they have 3 more tapings between the 04/30 show and this show and, if any are of the two tapings in one type, they can easily skip past TripleMania without a gap in tapings.
LA Park vs La Parka Jr. is expected to take place, but AAA has not confirmed it. They may be waiting to set up the stipulation for the match. They’re expected to have name vs name on this show, and follow later in the year with mask vs mask.
The losing team in the women’s trios match will have to be the winner’s maid. I saw one explanation which said they’d have to be maids for a week, but most places have left the length unclear.
Every single televised AAA cruiserweight title match has involved either Extreme Tiger or Alex Koslov (who only missed the one where he was fired for about a minute and a half.) The vast majority have been multiman matches. This fits both trends. They’re billing the match as a four men from four different countries.