IWRG (THU) 05/06 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Alan!]
1) Alan Extreme b Dark Devil
2) Daga & Dinamic Black b Comando Negro & Eterno
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro b Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro DQ Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz
5) Electroshock, Silver King, Último Gladiador b Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Main event was full of cheating. In the third, After Ultimo Gladiador missed a dive (and may have hurt himself), Electroshock took Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000 out with a martinete. Mascara Ano 2000 and Electroshock fouled each other, and Silver King pulled of Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.’s mask and covered him for the win. Mascaras called Silver King unprofessional for wearing his mask (possibly in response to AAA guys ripping Hijo de Mascara for not professional for not catching Gladiador), and Silver King challenged for the IWRG Heavyweight title.
Dark Family was DQed for fouling 911, and both sides talked rematches. Cerebto Terribles want a shot at their old titles, which they never actually lost in the ring, after beating the new champs.
Hector Garza tells Record that he had no idea they were defending the titles until he went to the office on Wednesday to get his weekly bookings. I completely believe this. Garza vows to be a professional.
Everyone is sure the trios titles are changing hands tonight.
Couldn’t believe it was true until I looked it up (and I’m still expecting a correction), but tonight’s also the first time Angel Azteca Jr. will face Arkangel (the man who unmasked Angel Azteca Sr.) in a singles match. Arkangel holds the lead 15-10 in known tag and trios matches.
Luchas2000 says Groon XXX may retire due to the ankle/knee/leg injury suffered on the Perros del Mal show.
Am.com.mx called the main event of a Perros show in Leon “souless”, and noted the poor turnout.
CMLL is running Mother’s Day shows on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
Next week’s Dos de Tres has Wagner vs Electro on the cover.
Ras de Lona has Bracito de Oro vs Pequeno Warrior, and Indepedents destroying the Arena Mexico basement.
AAA (SUN) 05/23 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Jennifer Blade & Rain vs Fabi Apache & Mari Apache
2) Hombre Sin Miedo, La Parka Jr., Laredo Kid vs Cuervo, Espíritu, Ozz
3) Chessman & LA Park vs Black Warrior & Electroshock
Hey, look who’s back (again). Parka Jr. is going to be thrilled working semimain to LA Park.