CMLL (TUE) 04/27 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Johnny Dinamo b Quca
2) Infierno & Malefico b Nube Roja & Virgo
3) Gallo & Neutrón b Asesino Negro & Drago
4) Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro b Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
5) Exterminador b Ebola [hair]
6) Averno, Ephesto, Texano b Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza, Toscano
Rudos took the first, with some assistance from Garza. Hector hid during the second beatdown of the tecnicos, pretending he could not hear his teammates yells for help. Once they made the comeback, Garza stormed the ring, pushed Porky out of the way, and stole the pin. Garza helped the rudos again in the third fall, so much that they raised his hand in victory after the match. This sounds great, but I’m hoping he’s actually on the rudo side soon.
CMLL (TUE) 04/27 Arena Mexico [Record, @cmllmagazine]
1) Horus & Metatrón b Camorra & Disturbio
2) Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo DQ Diamante, Pegasso, Rey Cometa
3) Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca, Virus b Rush, Stuka Jr., Valiente
4) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero b Blue Panther, La Sombra, Strong Man
5) Mephisto b La Máscara [NWA WELTER]
Kahoz and Brazo de Oro worked the corners for their sons. Mascara took the first with a casita, Mephisto took the second, then survived the campana and won clean with a Rosa.
Recaps of the show list the title either as the World Welterweight Championship or (erroneously) the CMLL World Welterweight Championship. No one asks about the old name; the NWA’s accomplishment here is to get people to stop talking about them. Hooray? (Letters are still on the belt.)
PdM (TUE) 04/27 Arena Aficion [The Gladiatores]
1) Aspid & Medics III b Aquiles & Magnum (Hidalgo)
2) Fantasma de la Ópera & Maldito Jr. b Exotico & La Plaga
3) Diva Salvaje & Mr. Aguilita b Leo & Medussa
4) Súper Nova & X-Fly b Hijo de LA Park & Oriental
5) Damián 666, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween b Blue Demon Jr., Charly Manson, Groon XXX
Charly Manson replaced Oriental in the main event, which was a great excuse for X-Fly to rush out and foul him to give the rudos the win.
Stuka had a new mask design. How does CMLL magazine get all this done while live tweeting shows and taking photos? He is amazing.
Loco Max pulled Diamante’s mask off. How long is his hair right now?
AAA announced Fabi Apache, Mari Apache and Cinthia Moreno will face Sexi Star, Rain, and Jennifer Blake (not Blade this week; make up your mind) will face off at TripleMania, where the loser has to be the winner’s maids. This won’t end well.
Also, the mystery person in Friday’s TV taping main event is Nicho. Sounds like the actual mystery person wasn’t available after all.
The Vipers beating CMLL in Puebla has gotten decent coverage (clearly off CMLL press releases, so they’re trying to treat this as a big deal.)
Delta, Atlantis, Arkangel, and Guerrero Maya Jr. visited children in the hospital. CMLL is also partnering with an organization teaching kids how to stay safe on the internet. STEP 1: do not read this comment section.
Kids who won a contest on televisadeportes got to meet AAA stars.
Difunto II lost his hair to Humberto Garza in Arena Solidardad.
Proyeccion Luchistica has interviews with Ola Maldita & Los Oficiales.
Cronicas Y Leyendas profiles indy wrestler Black Maligno.
DJ Spectro notes a new Medico Asesino, has a bio of Puerto Vallarta wrestler Angelikal, posts an interview with IWRG rudo referee Reyes Rosas, and reprints magazine interviews with Guatemalan luchadors Rayo Chapin & El Cirujano.
R de Rudo has an interview with famed house winner Bernado Guzman.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update and unearths LA Lucha from 1992.
Kcidis has Bracito de Oro vs Pequeno Warrior.
CMLL (MON) 05/03 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Blue Center vs Karisma & Mr. Rafaga
2) Leono, Starman, Tony Rivera vs Disturbio, Mortiz, Semental
3) Estrella Mágica, Lluvia, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
4) Blue Panther, Sagrado, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
5) Hijo del Fantasma, La Sombra, Shocker vs El Alebrije, Histeria, Psicosis
Rematch (sort of.) I guess Starman takes Mortiz’s move?