CMLL (TUE) 04/20 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Camaleón vs Apocalipsis & Disturbio
2) Fabián el Gitano, Horus, Starman vs Dr. X, Hooligan, Nitro
3) Bam Bam, Eléctrico, Pequeño Olímpico vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pierrothito
4) Máximo, Rush, Sagrado vs Taichi, Vangelis, Virus
5) Héctor Garza, La Máscara, La Sombra vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Terrible
Despite acting like a rudo, Garza was on both the main show and Ras de Lona talking about how he’s totally a tecnico. Kinda like Mistico did (and is doing), except this one we’re not supposed to take seriously. It’s pretty clear watching it, since Garza is back to his rudo insincerity, but it takes something (guts or ignorance) to run these bits back to back.
Virus could use your prayers this week.
CMLL (FRI) 04/23 Arena Mexico
1) Astral, Bracito de Oro, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
2) Delta & Volador Jr. vs Guerrero Maya Jr. & Valiente and Ángel Azteca Jr. & Shocker and Pegasso & Toscano and Averno & Raziel and Durango Kid & Texano Jr. and Puma King & Último Guerrero andFelino & Tiger Kid [Gran Alternativa, semifinal]
3) Blue Panther, Místico, Strong Man vs Atlantis, Dragon Rojo Jr., Rey Bucanero
The bit of angst here is Valiente being scheduled for this show, when he’s also supposed to be in Philadelphia for CHIKARA’s King of Trios at the same time. He’s good but he’s not that good. Valiente could replaced by anyone (Maya probably isn’t going to win) and this date should’ve been cleared earlier, but such is the never ending frustrating thing with Mexican wrestlers and US bookings.
As far as the CMLL issus, and putting aside the minis feud which can’t actually pick an end date, Delta & Volador Jr. and Angel Azteca Jr. & Shocker seem like the most likely teams. If you had to make a case for a rudo team, Ulitmo Guerrero in the final sets up another Garza/UG match up, but it makes much since to put a tecnico team in the final so we can all see Garza is not really with them. anymore. I don’t think Delta or Azteca is really ready to take advantage of a GA win long term, but I don’t suppose that’ll be a problem.
CMLL (SUN) 04/25 Arena Coliseo
1) Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrella Mágica, Lady Apache vs Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Sujei
3) Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata, Astro Boy vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo
4) Héctor Garza, Shocker, Toscano vs Rey Bucanero, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
5) Atlantis, Strong Man, Volador Jr. vs Místico, Terrible, Texano Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Semimain may be a hint for the GA final. Maybe one more Mistico/Volador match will give them a chance to draw a line under it and move on.