AAA (MON) 04/12 Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo [El Manana (Video), El Manana]
2) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Babe Rap, Hombre Sin Miedo, Sangre Chicana Jr.
3) Pimpinela Escarlata b Black Mamba [mask]
4) Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, La Parka Jr. b Chessman, Joe Lider, Sobredosis
Tercera was one fall, with Poder el Norte running into help Mamba, but Psycho Circus ran them off and helped Pimpi win. Black Mamba is Federico Vera, 26, 5 years a wrestler. Second apuesta win for Pimpi in about two weeks. Hmmm.
indy (TUE) 04/13 Arena Aficion [Hidalgo Sport, Estrellas del Ring]
3) Maldito Jr. & Ministro de la Muerte b Brazo Metalico & Guerrero Maya Jr.
4) Aspid L La Chona, Sexy Alondara [hair]
5) Neutrón & Último Dragón DQ Felino & Negro Navarro
Felino pulled Dragon’s mask for the third fall DQ. Ultimo Dragon has picture from the show on his blog; this was where he debuted.
CMLL (TUE) 04/13 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Virgo b Cerveruz
2) Acertijo & Ráfaga b Astaroth & Idolo
3) Drago & Ebola b Exterminador & León Blanco
4) Diamante & Metal Blanco DQ Misterioso II & Shigeo Okumura
5) Brazo de Plata, Máximo, Toscano b Asesino Negro, Terrible, Texano
Asesino Negro & Porky are feuding, but Porky got the direct fall win here. Okumura fouled Metal Blanco.
CMLL (TUE) 04/13 Arena Mexico [@cmllmagazine, CMLL]
1) Artillero & Súper Comando b Bengala & Principe
2) Fabián el Gitano, Leono, Starman b Durango Kid, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Bam Bam, Fantasy, Pequeño Olímpico b Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia
4) Rush, Stuka Jr., Valiente DQ Euforia, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
5) Shocker, Strong Man, Volador Jr. b Averno, Taichi, Último Guerrero
Vangelis fouled Valiente for the DQ. Hmmm.
Mini Damian was wearing a single 6 in his makeup, but CMLL is still listing him as 666. Updates as events warrant.
Semental sizes up the Gran Alternativa competition, offers to buy Taichi a free ticket to Acapulco on Friday so he doesn’t take his spot. You know, Taichi and Bucanero did have similar fashion tastes. I hope Semental has a backup plan!
Diamante talks about teaming with Sombra. If they win, they need to bring in a Zafiro to make a new trio.
Tiger Kid wants to avenge his family by defeating La Sombra. Also, the random CMLL second match guy he’s feuding with is Sensei.
R de Rudo has text and video with Electroshock. Electro explains he thought the WagnerManiacos were a group effort, with everyone bringing ideas, but did not want to be the lead by Dr. Wagner. Perhaps the name should’ve been a clue about how that one was going to go. Electro says he does not have Ultimo Gladiador’s cell phone number, so he’s not yet sure what he feels about this situation, but he and Silver King have bonded over feuding with their brothers. Electro is almost positive he’ll be facing Dr. Wagner at TripleMania.
Dos de Tres says LA Park is still negotiating with Dorian Roldan.
Like Mephisto and Averno, Texano says he’s only giving up his NWA (LH) title if he loses it in the ring.
In Colonia Colosio, Tijuana’s Cholo lost his mask to Power Man.
A store in Spain is selling World Cup masks for 1o of the teams, all of the countries’ color and symbols. They remind me of Histeria masks without the horns.
Cesar is very down on both the ex-Vipers/Alebrije running in Puebla and the positive reaction for it on the internet. Three thoughts on this:
- if you can not find any amusement in Cuije attacking Monito or the CMLL guys going after Cuije, you really need to take this all a bit less seriously.
- if Psicosis, Histeria, Alebrije and Maniaco are wrestling on the December year end card, something’s has gone horribly wrong. As a short term bit of feuding with guys in Puebla, doing these CMLL vs psuedo-AAA bits but stopping before the novelty wears off, this is a grand idea. If everyone’s on the same page (and some legal bits don’t go right), a CMLL guy should end up with an apuesta win over a TV star, and they’ll probably draw some interested people in between. That’s about it – there’s little they can add to CMLL besides being invaders, and CMLL doesn’t have a need for middling veterans. (Or, if they did, they might as well bring back Olimpico so he can stop asking in magazines.) I’m not too concerned, because I really don’t think this is going to be long term.
- Yes, the invaders are very much benefiting from the relevancy CMLL is giving them, but CMLL is very much benefiting by running a story that deviates from it’s well worn path. CMLL is too safe and too conservative for their own good (see: Mistico back to being a tecnico) and needs occasional unexpected surprises to keep the more casual fan’s attention. The Gran Alternativa is great, but it’s not for everyone.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
CMLL (MON) 04/19 Arena Puebla
1) King Jaguar & Lestat vs Akron & Ares
2) Eléctrico, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pierrothito
3) Fuego, Metro, Stuka Jr. vs Cancerbero, Euforia, Pólvora
4) Máscara Dorada, Strong Man, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Taichi, Último Guerrero
5) Brazo de Plata, La Máscara, La Sombra vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
No sign of the interlopers quite yet. Arena Coliseo tag champs actually teaming!
Since Park’s not in AAA, I guess this technically a AAA vs CMLL match. Looks a lot like it, though.
CMLL (TUE) 04/20 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Principe Leo vs Virgo
2) El Divino & Magnum vs Acertijo & Ángel del Mal
3) Ebola & Neutrón vs Exterminador & Gallo [Relevos Increíbles]
4) Palacio Negro & Valiente vs Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca
5) Brazo de Plata, Hijo del Fantasma, Toscano vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Felino, Texano
Porky but no Asesino Negro.
AAA (THU) 05/06 Cancha German Evers
1) Mario Mora vs el Duro
2) Atomic Boy, Lasser Boy, Relampago vs Black Abyss, Histeria, Psicosis III
3) Shriyu Dragon vs Joe Lider, Espíritu [Money In The Bank, Maztalan Extreme]
4) El Mesías vs Alex Koslov, Jack Evans, Chessman [Copa Mundial de Naciones]
Spot show, but they’re always interesting here. Main event is a four way flag match, with the winner retrieving their own flag. The guys going for the Puerto Rico flag (not actually a nation) and the United States flag are the guys the ones supposed to be cheered, and the guy from Mexico is supposed to be booed. I don’t think that’s going to work out so well. Chessman should reveal his home nation is actually Hell, and have a black flag with a pitch fork on it. Semimain is listed as a Money in the Bank match, so someone here bought WrestleMania. Relampago’s the current champ.
Sunday’s IWRG main event is no longer a tag and now a fourway with the same guys, with titles, hair and masks on the line. Participants are Canek (IWRG IC Heavy), Scorpio Jr. (hair), Pirata Morgan (hair) and Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. (mask.) Normally, I’d be sure this is Canek losing his title without actually losing, but it’s not really like Scorpio or Pirata are above losing their hair in such a fashion at this point in their careers. Possibly relevant history trivia: Canek took Universo 2000’s mask in a four way. Maybe Dianamitas revenge?