Thru the night (here and on twitter), I’ll be posting results from both the CMLL Arena Mexico show and AAA TV taping, happening tonight. The CMLL show will probably go from 8:30-11:15 Central Time. The AAA show is scheduled to start at 8:45, will probably start a lot later than that, and will not end until some undetermined time on Saturday. I’ll be staying until the end.
(it’s either this or catch up on the last AAA I have to watch.)
places I’ll be using all night:
- EstadioWeb’s coverage of CMLL’s show; starts at 9 or 10 or whenever they’re done with soccer
- luchalibreaaa.com’s live results (not up yet)
- Dos de Trios @ facebook
Of course, CMLL Magazine isn’t tweeting yet and neither of the AAA websites are even mentioning tonight’s taping. It is Friday, right?
855pm update: CMLL Magazine is updating! But neither AAA site has mentioned tonight’s taping, so I’m just presuming they’re not going live this time.
900pm update: and EstadioWeb’s Arena Mexico coverage is LIVE. Hooray.
920pm update: while the radio is on some sort of musical interlude – what is AAA’s facebook account, anyway? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucha-Libre-AAA would seem to be it, but that doesn’t seem updated.
958pm update: every single announcer picks Mini Warrior. Hmmm. By the way, Dos de Tres’ facebook is updating.
CMLL (FRI) 04/30 Arena Mexico
1) Leono & Starman b Bronco & Inquisidor (2-1)
2) Fuego & Metro b Euforia & Raziel (2-1) – bad night for Cancerbros? Metro talked about his great tag team partner, “Flash”. Name change is killing that man.
3) Dark Angel, Lady Apache, Luna Mágica b Hiroka, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Blanca (2-1)
4) Pequeño Warrior b Bracito de Oro [mask] (2-1)
Brazo de Oro seconded Bracito de Oro, Sangre Azteca was with Warrior. First fall for Warrior, second for Bracito, third for Warrior. In much the same way as Rosa Negra, Bracito de Oro appears to have gone done with an injury in his mask match, and it delayed the name annoucement. Roberto Rodriguez Aguirre, 45 years old, 26 years a wrestler, from Oaxaca – announcers actually spoiled it a minute early. Bracito was up and thanking the fans when they went to break.
5) Héctor Garza & Pólvora b Delta & Volador Jr. [Gran Alternativa, final] (2-1)
Tecnicos dominated the first, but the rudos stole the fall. Tecnicos came back to win the second. Crowd is as loud for Volador as they’ve been for anyone all night. (They were behind Bracito at times, but there was also a “ole ole ole rudos rudos” chant after that match.) Long third fall, ultimately won by Polvora sneaking in a foul.
Main event is not starting until post 1120pm local time. Hope those Kids had naps.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Taichi, Último Guerrero b Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Místico, Strong Man
Tecnicos win in straight falls? I think. Nope, I misunderstood. Rudos won, with Taichi and Okumura making a challenge for the trios titles (w/Tanahashi) next week. UH OH.
Rudos take top 3 matches – so much for Kid’s Day.
Match featured the usual bit of Hijo de Tirantes cheating for the rudos. This time, Piero challenged Hijo de Tirantes to a match – well, other people in a match. Each ref will pick three wrestlers to represent them at TripleMania, and the losing team’s ref gets their head shaved. Wonder who refs the match? This is clearly the way extra people get on the card – something like Jack/Rocky/Laredo Kid vs Zorro/Chessman/Kenzo
(though shouldn’t someone pick the Psycho Circus? Undefeated!)
2) Aerostar & Relampago b Billy Boy & Decnnis
Rudos lost due to the unhelpful assistance of Hilario. Decnnis was not happy. I’m still confused why Hilario exists.
3) Alex Koslov, Christopher Daniels, Joe Lider b Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Rocky Romero
Daniels picked up the win. After the match, Koslov and Daniels turned on Lider, beating him up on behalf of the Legion. The tecnicos made the save. I think the story is supposed to be Joaquin Roldan brought in Daniels, and is shocked to find him allying with the Legion. I can not believe Joaquin Roldan could possibly be that dumb, because no functioning human being could be that dumb.
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown dq Chessman, Hernandez, Kenzo Suzuki
Legion seemed like they were dominating on their way to a win, but Chessman’s use of handicuffs on Psycho Clown got them DQed.
Before the next match, LA Park came to the ring to accept LA Parka Jr.’s challenge for TripleMania. He did NOT specify the stipulation.
5) Electroshock, Silver King, Último Gladiador b Dr. Wagner Jr., Octagón, Pimpinela Escarlata
Short match, Silver King beating Pimpi. Electro/Wagner is announced for the next taping. They like doing the singles match to set up the singles match.
6) Cibernético, Heavy Metal, La Parka Jr. NC LA Park, Nicho el Millionario, Zorro
Just kind of ended? A million guys hit the ring to get the Parkas apart? Vampiro came out to make the save for Zorro at some point, and Zorro gives him rosary beads, so they’re friends. HOORAY FRIENDSHIP.
That appears to be it. We’ll fill in the blanks in the morning.