AULL (SAT) 03/27 Arena Lopez Mateos [Estrellas del Ring]
4) La Sombra, Olímpico, Volador Jr. b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Psicosis II
5) Epitafio, Iron Love, Rocky Santana b Angel o Demonio, Leon Rojo, Ovett [captains hair]
Captain Rocky Santana took captain Angel o Demonio’s hair. Bloody. Recap has video; so does Al Filo del Ring. Interesting that Mr. Niebla worked this show; seems to indicate he’s suspended and not hurt.
AAA (SUN) 03/28 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Fabi Apache & Poly Star b Hija de Karonte & Sexy Star
2) Babe Rap, El Brazo, Sky b Golden Boy, Rey Demonio, Simbolo
3) May Flowers, Nygma, Yuriko b Black Mamba, Pit Bull, Sobredosis
4) Pimpinela Escarlata b Rey Sagitario [hair]
5) Alex Koslov, Konnan, Zorro b Gronda II, Jack Evans, Laredo Kid
Rudos had Sexi and “Hallie Hatred” (?) helping them in the main event. Gronda continues to fufill Marco Corleone’s bookings. Hair win for Pimpi.
Next Sunday is a torneo with local wrestlers, so AAA may be done here yet again.
IWRG (SUN) 03/28 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring, DJ Spectro]
1) Comando Negro b Dinamic Black
2) Daga & Eragon b Comando Negro & Heavy Boy
3) Alan Extreme, Chico Che, Goleador b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Fishman Jr. b Bobby Lee Jr., el Ángel, Suicida
5) Canek, La Rocca, Olímpico b Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Matches 1, 3, 4, and 5 were all two fall to zero wins. Main pushed the Roca/MA2KJr. feud. Tercera included the return of Goleador. He hasn’t been seen since August, and is immediately in a feud with AK47. HMMMM. Alan Extreme was a sub for Freelance. Fishman Jr. was a tecnico here last month, maybe that’s changed.
CMLL (MON) 03/29 Arena Puebla [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Karisma & Siki Osama b Black Tiger & Milenium
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Molotov, Sensei b Inquisidor, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Rush b Dr. X, Hooligan, Pólvora
4) Dragon Rojo Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Taichi b Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Máscara Dorada
5) Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza, La Sombra b Felino, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos won, but Garza & Porky had issues. After the match, Brazo wanted a singles match with Garza, but Garza was still trying to be friends.
Dragon Rojo beat Mascara Dorada with his powerbomb in the deciding fall, which sets up a Super Light title match to come.
Puma King was hurt in the first fall of the segunda, leading to the tecnico win.
In this week’s SuperLuchas, there was a story on Hiroka & Pequeno Damian 666’s pet shop (“KENTA Shop”,Dr. García Diego 120, local B, casi esquina, on Dr. Jiménez, in la colonia Doctores). It was a charming interview – Damian wanted a tattoo/piercing place but Hiroka liked animals more, Hiroka’s thinking about having a kid and they wanted to start a business before she left, they’re going to Japan soon to visit her parents (this was the Fuka retirement show), Hiroka thinks joshi wrestlers are silly – but no one’s takling about that stuff.
Near the end of the interview, in reference to the Mascarita Dorada situation, Pequeno Damian 666 mentioned that he believed he owned the “Pequeno Damian 666” name, but found out recently that CMLL had registered the trademark themselves. Monday, (regular size) Damian 666 interjected, with proof of his ownership of the “Damian 666” name, which he believes would extend to owning the mini name version. Upon leaving CMLL, Damian 666 had stated that the mini was free to continue using the name (on account of being awesome), but Damian 666 still believes that means he has full rights for variations of the character.
I have no idea if that actually holds up; the only comparable situation I can think of is the Mascara Sagrada gimmick. In that case, AAA did not get the rights to the regular size gimmick (a fan created it in a contest, and did not sign the rights away), but they have kept the rights to the mini version. So maybe CMLL’s actually in the clear here? Damian’s case is he lent the minis name to CMLL, which implies he already had rights on the mini gimmick (though I think Damian’s bigger concern is his own name is not owned by CMLL.) People far more familiar with the law will be fighting this one out as long as both sides are willing to pay for it.
Ovaciones’ preview of today’s Arena Mexico show hypes up Felino and says Valiente needs to defend his title.
Proyeccion Luchista does play by play for Felino’s return to Arena Lopez Mateos.
In Guadalajara, Metal Blanco still wants a shot at Angel del Mal’s Occidente Welterweight Championship, and Angel del Mal still thinks he hasn’t earned it.
In Laguna, Piloto Suicida is still trying to return to the ring after suffering a “brutal head injury” on a dive fifteen months. He’s almost cleared, but has been told to cut out the dives.
Speaking of Alebrije, Cuije has a blog entry on CHIKARA’s site, talking about King of Trios. Cuije says he’s a better wrestler than Pantera & Incognito and about as tall as Lynx Dorada! Cuije is so getting kicked in the face.
R de Rudo has video of a match from the mask expo.
Box Y Lucha 2967 has LA Park vs La Parka.
Cronicas Y Leyendas has Love Machine’s debut in Mexico.
Ohtani’s Jacket & Raging Noodles watch Perro Aguayo Jr. & Sr. vs Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 from Dos Leyenda 2005.