Cats 1, France 0.
My favorite interview of the day is a telephone interview with LA Park about his feud with AAA Parka. Highlights include
- he wants to be known as Original La Parka, because that’s the truth
- he’s not coming to AAA for money, he’s got money.
- “he’s owns a large ranch with a pool, unlike most people.”
- La Parka Jr. should’ve never won those Televisa Deportes awards, because he didn’t accomplish as much. Park has accomplished a lot
- LA Park might be piggy fat, but he can lose weight. La Parka Jr. can’t fix his broken arm.
LA Park is a fantastic man. “I HAVE A POOL” needs to be the catchphrase of 2010.
Ovaciones’ mention of La Seductora being a future star of CMLL doesn’t seem as much a random chance today: ESTO, and Notimex all have quotes with her from an interview. It’s mostly a career bio (from Chilachapa, started wrestling 18 years ago, retired shortly after to raise her kids, returned 10 years ago), but Seductora also says the new tecnicas are not very good, so she’d like to have a mask match with one of them for the easy win. This would be very interesting if she was actually feuding with someone. She’s been matched up with Star Fire most often in her 4 CMLL matches this year.
(Record‘s version of the article includes a picture of Dallys, so maybe they need to work on the PR campaign a little more.)
Fuego en el Ring has a short profile of Goya Kong, who actually beat her previously introduced sister (Muneca de Plata) to her first official CMLL match. Sounds like she expects to be on the rudo side eventually.
Fuego also notes Texano’s match on Tuesday was his return following his suspension there. Texano says he doesn’t feel like he’s really back until he’s teaming with Terrible there.
Ovaciones has an interview with Mephisto, who wants to get a mask from Sombra & Volador, and win the CMLL Welterweight or CMLL Middleweight titles (both held by Negro Casas.) Mephisto again says he’s not giving up his NWA Welterweight title unless someone beats him in the ring for it.
As part of the typical run of local newspaper wrestling articles leading up to a WrestleMania, the Phoenix New Times has a big feature length article about the local lucha libre scene. There are about 3 different lucha promotions in the area, of the 7 local groups.
Rob has random thoughts about indies and this Friday’s show.
Alfredo posted the Dhani Jones vs Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. match.
AAA CANTU (MON) 03/29 Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
1) ? & Super Boy vs Duende Maldito & Guerrero Especial
2) Fabi Apache & Poly Star vs Hija de Karonte & Sexy Star
3) May Flowers, Nygma, Yuriko vs Angeluz, El Brazo, Estrella Universal
4) Pimpinela Escarlata vs Black Mamba [NORTH LH]
5) Jack Evans, Laredo Kid, Marco Corleone vs Alex Koslov, Konnan, Zorro
Don’t think Marco is working that show.