AAA says they’ll start their coverage of the DF taping at 8:30 local (9:30 luchablog time) which usually means the coverage won’t actually get going until a half hour later. I will have another post up when coverage starts, but the more stuff I do now, the later I can sleep tomorrow.
Though I’m still not on AAA press list, LuchandoLibre has the AAA version of their press conference yesterday, and none of the CMLL comments are included (which is probably why it also didn’t show up in the other press.) I would’ve figured they said Felino was going to lose his mask specifically to get the press to pick up on it, but maybe AAA’s PR disagreed?
Today’s Wrestling Observer news update picked up on the idea that CMLL might change tonight’s finish because of Dorian’s comments. It’s possible, but they haven’t reacted to stuff that’s web only, and it doesn’t feel like it’s gone past that. Plus, Dorian saying Felino is going to lose is really no different from the press saying the same thing to Felino this week. This is not a new revelation and they’d be silly to change their plans. (Doesn’t mean they won’t.
Maximo says it was great teaming with his father and uncle, and will battle Asesino Negro if he takes either of their hair.
A new promotion is starting in Chicago on 04/11, though their website actually says they have a show next weekend.
IWRG (SUN) 03/21 Arena Naucalpan
1) Daga & Héros vs Comando Negro & Eterno
2) Maldito Jr. & Samoth vs Trauma I & Trauma II
3) Chico Che, Freelance, Leopardo vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Bobby Lee Jr., La Roca, Ultramán Jr. vs Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Veneno
5) El Hijo del Diablo vs Dr. Cerebro [IWRG IC Light, WWF WELTER]
Main event is title vs title, and Dr. Cerebro is clearly getting the short end of the deal. Diablo is a former WWA Welterweight champion, but he won and lost that belt to Santo long ago. I have him picking up a “World Welterweight Championship” on June 15, 2006 – maybe that’s what this is? Maybe I’ve put too much thought into this already? Maybe the DF commission will be right on this in three weeks or so? Sure.
CMLL (MON) 03/22 Arena Puebla
1) Alarido, Ares, Barbaro I vs Asturiano, Milenium, SWAT
2) Hiroka, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca vs Goya Kong, Lady Apache, Marcela
3) Metro, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) Felino, Negro Casas, Taichi vs Brazo de Plata, La Sombra, Toscano
5) Místico vs Volador Jr.
This match is building off the finish last Monday, but obviously it’s interesting to have all four wrestlers from tonight in the building at the same time. Mistico is listed for Sunday’s Coliseo show, Volador is in GDL, and the other two are not billed until this show.