03/16 Update: Lineup has gotten shuffled quite a bit:
AAA TV (FRI) 03/19 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Rain & Sexy Star vs Cinthia Moreno & Fabi Apache
2) Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Súper Fly vs Cuervo, Escoria, Escoria
3) Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Rocky Romero vs Rió Bravo, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana
4) Taiji Ishimori & Takeshi Morishima vs Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG]
5) Cibernético, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Alex Koslov, Hernandez, Kenzo Suzuki, Zorro
6) El Mesías, La Parka Jr., Octagón vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Nuevo WagnerManiaco, Silver King
2010 AAA TV Chart
Projected Air Date (#932)
It looks like they’ve got out of their Panama commitments (or those are all being pushed back to May, and that’s what the Dos de Tres article was about.) Mesias in the main event instead of Elegido makes it a bit more vital, though it’s odd the new champion is still not on this card. They’ve also checked Chessman’s itinerary and figured out he’s probably on a plane at this point.
The lineup lists “Nuevo WagnerManiaco”. I don’t know if that means it’ll be someone besides Pimpi or not.
Hernandez continues on as a part of the Legion, so maybe they do have a plan. You never know.
They’ve also dropped the Copa 187 for the moment, whatever it was going to be. I guess it doesn’t make sense to determine La Hermandad’s next challengers when they’re not guaranteed to be champions after this night. Poder el Norte and Air Force have been shuffled into other matches, which his also sort of shuffled the previously scheduled opener (Guapos and Lasser Boy) completely off the card.
Still, 2/3 look good and 1/4 have some hope.
AAA TV (FRI) 03/19 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera [SL352]
1) Gato Eveready, Lasser Boy, Relampago vs Billy Boy, Decnnis, El Brazo
2) Laredo Kid & Súper Fly vs Tigre Cota & Tito Santana [copa 187]
3) Sexy Star vs Cinthia Moreno [Reina De Reinas]
4) Alan Stone, Extreme Tiger, Rocky Romero vs Cuervo, Escoria, Espíritu
5) El Elegido, La Parka Jr., Octagón vs ?, Dr. Wagner Jr., Silver King
6) Cibernético, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs ?, Alex Koslov, Chessman, Joe Lider
Those dates are more iffy than usual, because we don’t have the full Rey de Reyes lineup (tickets go on sale tomorrow) but working on the assumption that it’s a two TV taping show.
Without a major angle, this does not seem like a particularly strong draw against Dos Leyendas. If you’re really into AAA and live in Mexico City, you’re probably going to be happy with this as a TV taping. If you’re a just a general lucha libre fan and want to go to the biggest show on Friday, March 19th, you’re probably heading to Arena Mexico. We don’t actually know for sure what CMLL is going to do, but any of the ideas suggested beat another Cibernetico/Psycho Circus team up.
The mystery spot in the main event would normally be Konnan or Nicho (or maybe even Zorro). Perhaps someone new one will emerge to get involved in the lumberjack match. (Wait…we’ve got a lumberjack match between two largely immobile guys, we’ve got the Rey del Ring tournament, that’s a bit ominous. let’s all hope Rey de Reyes doesn’t continue playing out like the 1994 King of the Ring. Mabel IS available.)
Mystery spot in the semimain would probably be a new WagnerManiaco. Pimpi? Wagner III? Warrior?
Look! Alan Stone! He better watch out for the loaded glove.
Cinthia getting a title shot here means they’re not doing a title defense at Rey de Reyes. Or maybe they’re just not doing THAT title defense – either a mixed tag with a lot of team, or a relevos atomicos with a bunch of people makes sense.
No idea what Copa 187 is, beside the obvious connection to La Hermandad.