03/16 Update: Lineup has gotten shuffled quite a bit:
AAA TV (FRI) 03/19 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Rain & Sexy Star vs Cinthia Moreno & Fabi Apache
2) Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Súper Fly vs Cuervo, Escoria, Escoria
3) Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Rocky Romero vs Rió Bravo, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana
4) Taiji Ishimori & Takeshi Morishima vs Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG]
5) Cibernético, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Alex Koslov, Hernandez, Kenzo Suzuki, Zorro
6) El Mesías, La Parka Jr., Octagón vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Nuevo WagnerManiaco, Silver King
2010 AAA TV Chart
Projected Air Date (#932)
It looks like they’ve got out of their Panama commitments (or those are all being pushed back to May, and that’s what the Dos de Tres article was about.) Mesias in the main event instead of Elegido makes it a bit more vital, though it’s odd the new champion is still not on this card. They’ve also checked Chessman’s itinerary and figured out he’s probably on a plane at this point.
The lineup lists “Nuevo WagnerManiaco”. I don’t know if that means it’ll be someone besides Pimpi or not.
Hernandez continues on as a part of the Legion, so maybe they do have a plan. You never know.
They’ve also dropped the Copa 187 for the moment, whatever it was going to be. I guess it doesn’t make sense to determine La Hermandad’s next challengers when they’re not guaranteed to be champions after this night. Poder el Norte and Air Force have been shuffled into other matches, which his also sort of shuffled the previously scheduled opener (Guapos and Lasser Boy) completely off the card.
AAA CANTU (SUN) 03/14 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Mini Gato Volador & Mini Rey Sagitario b Mini Androide & Mini Sky
2) Babe Rap, Máscara Púrpura, Sky b Rió Bravo II, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana
3) Mini Charly Manson, Polvo de Estrellas, Rey Sagitario, Sexy Star b El Brazo, Fabi Apache, La Parkita, Pimpinela Escarlata
4) Black Warrior & El Mesías DQ Dr. Wagner Jr. & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
5) La Parka Jr. b Silver King
Parka snuck in a foul on Silver King. Warrior turned on Mesias for the DQ. Warrior’s been flipping between the tecnico and rudo shows on spot shows, seemingly more dependent on who’s available than any set plan. We’ll probably not know for sure until (if!) he gets to TV.
Sagitaro and Pimpi had issues, which sets up a match for next Sunday.
CMLL (MON) 03/15 Arena Puebla [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Crazy Black, King Jaguar, Lestat b Centauro de Fuego, Espiritu Maligno, Toro Bill Sr.
2) Diamante, Metro, Rush b Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Blue Panther, La Máscara, Sagrado
4) Bam Bam b Pequeño Violencia [hair]
5) Atlantis, Místico, Rey Bucanero b Máximo, Mr. Niebla, Volador Jr. [super libre]
That recap also notices the rowdy tecnico and rudo sections here have been banned for the next four Mondays (!) for not respecting the rules of the promotion. As well, there’s new rules again obscene speech and throwing things (even confetti in celebration), with offenders being turned over to the police.
Felino takes offense re: haters who think he’s going to lose on Friday. Felino has faced – and beat! – real wrestlers and these kids do not concern him. Sombra is green, Volador is spoiled, and Mistico is actually dangerous but still a lot of hype. Felino says he doesn’t really trust Mistico, since he did just turn on the tecnicos and all.
Previews of today’s Arena Mexico show: ESTO, Ovaciones. I assume Amapola is keeping the title, because that’s what she does. For her part, Amapola would like some new challengers. I have no feel for the Cibernetico and no guess for Bucanero/Shocker. I guess Shocker should win if they’re actually doing the hair match, but that still seems doubtful.
Meanwhile, the Arena Aficion main event is Felino and his “descendientes” Tiger Kid and Puma King versus Delta, Diamante and Exotico. If Felino is wrong, we may actually be a few days away from finding out exactly how they’re all related, once and for all.
We may start hearing more about the AAA video game next month; a random twitter message (the best kind) says they’re bringing it to San Fransisco (presumably for the game review sites that inhabit that area.) This would also seem to confirm they’re still planning on releasing the game in the US. By the way, if there’s anyone reading this who could help, I’d be more than willing to sign an NDA or whatever is needed to get my own chance to check this game out early. Send an email if there’s something I can do to make this work.
An AAA house lineup for the end of the month includes a Mini Amnesia.
Dos de Tres says Mesias, Nicho, Jack, and Marco are headed to Panama on 05/30.
AAA (SUN) 03/21 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Mascarita Sagrada 2007 & Octagoncito vs Mini Histeria & Mini Sobredosis
2) Ángel Dorado, El Brazo, Sky vs Black Mamba, Pit Bull, Sobredosis
3) Pimpinela Escarlata vs Rey Sagitario [super libre]
4) Hombre Sin Miedo, Laredo Kid, Máscara Púrpura vs Escoria, Espíritu, Rey Infernal
5) Cibernético, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Alex Koslov, Konnan, Ozz, Zorro
03/13 Revolucion Free Style! – I do like that Super Calo, who lost his mask in one of the biggest shows of the year, is wearing his mask here. I’m sure the commission will be right on this! (I appear to be one all nighter from creating a Silver King Protest Song)