IWRG (THU) 03/11 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
4) Barba Roja, Negro Navarro, Trauma II DQ Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Signo
5) Trauma I b Angelico [SALAVADOR AMERICAS]
Trauma’s the new champion, and video’s already up. Navarros did not not get along with Barba Roja, which led to the DQ.
Didn’t get around to doing a preview for Rey de Reyes, and I’m not planning to run a chat tonight. The plan is to do one next week, but you’re welcome to comment on the shows if you’re hitting F5 all night. Not a lot of news today about Rey de Reyes. AAA noted Hernandez had arrived last night (but not Kennedy/Anderson yet? – odd to do a deal with TNA, when they seem not to be using that guy’s TNA name because no one knows it.)
Ovaciones has an interview with Latin Lover, who pushes himself as the Mexican hero of lucha libre, out to prove Mexican lucha libre is the best by taking the title away from the Puerto Rician and making sure the American doesn’t get it. He’s got no way to talk about Latin as if it he was an outsider, but give him time. Latin also talks about wanting to renegotiate his contract after Rey de Reyes; it sounds like he wants more dates (and more money that goes with it.)
[poll id=”60″]Previews of tonight’s Arena Mexico show: El Sol de Cuatula, Notimex, ESTO, Record. Obviously a lame duck show, but the Bracito de Oro/Mini Warrior lightning match might be going somewhere. In a short interview about that feud, Mini Warrior says he’s disappointed Mascarita Dorada has left CMLL, but Oro’s mask would look good in his trophy case.
Hijo del Santo’s version of the events (in his column in Record, via mariogdl at el martinete): the day before he was supposed to leave, CMLL offered to double Mascarita Dorada’s pay if he no-showed Santo’s tour. Dorada said no, because he had give his word. CMLL then threatened to fire him if he used the Dorada name on the tour, despite Dorada believing he was the one who owned that name. Dorada used the Mascarita Plateada name (Santo owns the name, gave him permission for only one night) on the tour to make CMLL happy, hoping he could patch things up on his return, but no such luck. Santo turns this into a rant about how CMLL’s has a vendetta against him (“warning” the people on this tour that everyone was going to not show up, calling immigration on him on a trip in the US) and steals people’s gimmicks (Mistico/Incognito.)
News reporter types keep asking Volador if Mascara Dorada will be the new member of Super Sky Team, Volador continues to say they’re not taking applications at the moment and Dorada is missing something. The job market is tough right now.
People who are getting jobs: Valiente, who will team with Skayde and Turbo as Team Mexico for CHIKARA’s King of Trios next month.
If you purchase a ticket for Dos Leyenads, CMLL will allow you to attend a public training session for the four luchadors in the mask main event. The session is Wednesday at 4:30 pm, an odd time.
Dhani Jones explains he was just in Mexico to learn lucha libre, but then Bam Bam Bigelow shoved him Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. yelled at his friend and he had to intervene.
Tinieblas is looking for a new Alushe. A bit late in the game for that.
The Gladiatores has a recap of the Park/Rayo vs Demon/Canek show in Chicago last week (which looks like it sold out.)
R de Rudo has a recap of their interview with Halloween, Damian, and X-Fly.
There’s an interview here about the AAA video game, but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.
Segunda Caida finds end more 2009 IWRG, this time from 08/13.
Kcidis’ Dinastia Wagner poster meets the Dinastia Wagner.
IWRG (SUN) 03/14 Arena Naucalpan
1) Daga, Eragon, Freelance vs Alan Extreme, Eterno, Hijo del Signo
2) Oficial 911 & Oficial Fierro vs Trauma I & Trauma II
3) Bobby Lee Jr., Suicida, Ultramán Jr. vs Maldito Jr., Samoth, Veneno
4) Black Terry, Chico Che, Dr. Cerebro vs Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco
5) Dhani Jones vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Complete changed lineup. Main event is one fall.
Eterno was a tecnico last time here was here. Maybe not now.
CMLL (MON) 03/15 Arena Puebla
1) Centauro de Fuego, Espiritu Maligno, Toro Bill Sr. vs Crazy Black, King Jaguar, Lestat
2) Diamante, Metro, Rush vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Sagrado vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
4) Bam Bam vs Pequeño Violencia [hair]
5) Atlantis, Místico, Rey Bucanero vs Máximo, Mr. Niebla, Volador Jr. [super libre]
Bam Bam has a title defense on Sunday, and a hair match here on Monday. I guess they couldn’t really announce a title match on back to back days, but it does seem like a 5% chance that there’s no Bam Bam by Tuesday.
Crazy Black was a rudo last time he was here. Maybe not now? Centauro seems to be a debut.
CMLL (TUE) 03/16 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro vs Saturno
2) Astaroth & Idolo vs Acertijo & León Blanco
3) Hierro & Palacio Negro vs Ebola & Máscara Mágica
4) Pegasso & Rey Cometa vs Arkangel de la Muerte & Skándalo
5) Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata, Máximo vs Asesino Negro, Atlantis, Último Guerrero
Brazo de Oro/Asesino Negro feud continues. Saturno goes from the big title match all the way back to the opener.
indy (TUE) 03/16 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Black Poison & Crucifijo vs Infinito & Principe Azteca
2) Mini Rey Sagitario, Neurosis, Rosa Salvaje vs Angel Night, Mini Androide, Orquídea Negra
3) Furor, Galactar, Lover Boy vs Erick el Rojo, Pedro Navajas, Principe de Oro
4) Angel Dorado Jr., Babe Rap, Máscara Púrpura vs Golden Boy, Rey Demonio Jr., Simbolo
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. vs Estrella Dorado Jr., Hator, Monje Negro Jr.