CMLL (TUE) 03/02 Arena Mexico
1) Artillero & Súper Comando b Principe & Trueno
2) Estrella Mágica, Marcela, Star Fire b Amapola, La Comandante, La Seductora
3) Hooligan, Nitro, Skándalo b Astro Boy, Guerrero Maya Jr., Starman
4) Blue Panther, Fuego, Rush b Euforia, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
5) Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza, Toscano b Naito, Ray Mendoza Jr., Taichi
CMLL’s Twitter says this is Naito’s last match before returning to Japan.
indy (TUE) 03/02 Arena Aficion [Hidalgo Sport]
3) Monsther & Ragde b Gran Alebrije & Mascara Sagrada Jr.
4) Charly Manson, Exotico, Super Crazy DQ Halloween, Oriental, Pesadilla
You’ll be shocked to hear the main event ended with a foul (Halloween on Super Crazy.) On the upside, Charly didn’t drop a title.
There was a strange disclaimer at the end of the CMLL on LATV episode:
The matches included full introductions, as opposed to the shortened one other shows lately – is this how they’re getting around licensing the music? The entrance music “has been utilized as fair use for artistic study and critique”? If that flies, I’d like to apply it to every thing I post here that maybe I shouldn’t strictly be posting here; we actually do a tiny bit of artistic study and critique!
The stories about Blue Demon Jr. creating new NWA Titles and Estrellita joining Perros del Mal got picked up by Notimex and a couple other places, but there’s not much news I didn’t mention yesterday. R de Rudo has the best recap of the entire press confrere, which seems a lot more about the Perros del Mal upcoming shows than the whole NWA thing. If you’d like to hear and see bits from the press confrence instead of reading, Black Terry Jr. has an interview with Perro Aguayo Jr. about the X-Fly/Charly title situation, and Ovaciones talks to Halloween and X-Fly about probably the same thing but I didn’t actually watch. Cool to put a face to the Arturo Rosas name though.
Quick extraneous thoughts:
- Am I against CMLL dropping from 18 to 15 titles? No, no I’m not. And if I was, there are always more titles lurking around, waiting to be put back in play. It’s more Blue Demon Jr. is wasting his and the Perros time with this; shows based on tournaments for these titles are going to be minimal draws. If there are significant names having singles matches in the tournament, that may mean something, but they don’t need the NWA titles to do those matches (and all booking so far shows they have no interest in doing those matches.)
- Whenever Blue Demon Jr. loses the heavyweight title, isn’t he just going to more or less award himself with the Light Heavyweight title and just not say the world “light”? This sounds like something he’d do.
- In a meeting of Los Perros del Mal and the NWA, absolutely no mention of Turbo’s confusing NWA title.
Tuesday, Perros del Mal started a blogspot account. Wednesday, they started tumblr account, in addition to posting news on their facebook. I assume that means they gave up on blogspot in one day, which seems about the level of planning I expect in this group.
Back on the topic of press conferences, CMLL was said to be holding theirs for Dos Leyendas today. Haven’t heard anything about it today, though. I’ll post about it later if info turns up.
AAA says Taiji Ishimori and Takeshi Morishima are coming in for the 03/19 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera card, with the idea that they may fight La Hermandad. Ishimori is Ricky Marvin’s tag partner, FWIW.
Box Y Lucha has posted a half dozen new articles
- Mima Shimoda talks about her career as a wrestler, and a promoter
- An article about Tiger Hispano‘s career includes a photo of him as a young wrestler. They had cameras back then! He feels his best match was Perro Aguayo & Universo 2000, because he got to be a rudo.
- Dianamico II talks about Arena San Juan Pantitlan, saying it is NOT going to be closed down to be a dance hall. I guess we’ll see if someone actually promotes a show there.
- Villano III talks about secretly going out as Santa Claus before he was unmasked, and the fans not realizing who he was.
According to Estrellas del Ring recap of the Arena Coliseo Monterrey show, the Psycho Circus are up to 578 wins. They seem to have slowed down! Show looks a lot more well attended than recent TV. RFC has interviews with Mesias and Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr.
Paying off a bet on the America/Chivas Classico, Atlantis unmasked for team America.
Laredo Kid’s lucha libre classes cost 200 pesos per month.
There’s a show featuring Blue Demon & Rayo de Jalisco vs Canek & LA Park at Congress Theater in Chicago this weekend. That’s enough to get me out of the state.
Ras de Lona #87 has an interview with the Mendoza family.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.