This week, we’ll begin voting for the sixth annual Tapatia awards. The votes will based on the 2009 calendar year. The voting has NOT started yet. This post is only for discussion of the setup of the awards.
I’m looking at opening the voting between 02/17 and 03/02, though I may have problems totaling them up that week. (By the same token, I’m open to suggestions about easier way to do the voting.)
Awards on the ballot in past years
1) Best Wrestler – top wrestler over the last year.
2) Best Match – please include dates, location where possible
3) Best Tecnico – greatest good guy
4) Best Rudo – for the entertaining evil-doers
5) Best Female – women only. Sorry, no exoticos.
6) Best Unit – tags, trios, atomicos, other groups – must’ve been a team in 2009
7) Best Promotion/Territory – CMLL, AAA, Perros del Mal, IWRG, DTU, – specific enough so we can identify a group
8) Best Rivalry – most interesting/exciting/entertaining feud. Can be person vs person, or people vs people.
9) Most Improved – wrestler who stepped up their game the highest from 2009
10) Most Underutilized – wrestler who’s deserving of more attention from both the promotion and the fans
Best Mini will be added to the ballot; it must be someone who regularly competes as a mini. Anything else?
Best Wrestler and Best Match will be top 6, everything else will be top 3. Is that too much?
Do you want some candidates to choose thru, or would that bias things too much? Either way, you’d be able to vote for whoever you wanted.