IWRG (SUN) 02/07 Arena Naucalpan [Al Filo del Ring]
1) Alan Extreme b Imperial
2) Eragon & Eros b Avisman & Hijo del Signo
3) Chico Che, el Ángel, Hijo del Pantera b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Trauma I, Trauma II
4) Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Veneno b Angelico, Pantera, Rayman
5) Black Terry L El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco, Dr. Cerebro [cage, hair]
Everyone but Black Terry bled in the cage. Gringo Loco was first our, Dr. Cerebro was next, and Hijo del Diablo gave Black Terry a martinete before escaping. A fan was so angry about this, they attacked Gringo Loco on the outside before security got involved.
An article for an AAA show on 02/28 includes a surprise luchador from CMLL (Black Warrior), as well as Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. Maybe Wagner really did resign with AAA, in exchange for his son being picked up?
AAA says their next taping is 02/18 in Toluca. That show will air in Mexico the same weekend as these Black Warrior appearances, so it would make sense for him to be on TV by then. After Toluca, AAA needs two more TV tapings to make it to Rey de Reyes.
AAA catches up with Tiffany. It’s kind of like a “where are they now?” interview, except the answer is “still on the roster, just not on TV.”
Atlantis says his team won the tournament because of their positive mindset.
Fuego en el Ring talks to Guadalajara wrestlers Magnum & Samuray, who want to have a match against each other after their many failures as a team.
TabascoHoy has a two page foldout story on Perros del Mal (page 2) local show. Don’t seem a number, but it looks like they drew pretty well. Sure a lot of football gimmicks for a show going on against the Super Bowl.
Record reprints the article from their magazine about Lluvia’s internet cafe.
The Gladiatores has photos and video of the press conference for the new Santo book
DJ Spectro has a El Cobarde biography.
Kcidis illustrates the new Mistico.
Box Y Lucha has a Villano III column on being in charge of a show, and why you should not let Villano IV run the dessert stand.
On flickr, there’s a cool mask data visualization poster, matching up who lost their mask to whom, and who teamed with whom. There seems to more lucha visualizations concepts on his website.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update and Alfredo on 01/22 CMLL. I like the idea of adding more places if they run the national tournament agian next year. The more regions (and the less forced teams), the better.
indy (TUE) 02/09 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Principe Leo vs Diamante Negro
2) Ángel Espacial & Infinito vs Gian Carlo & Solovino
3) Pulpo & Zodiaco vs Bello Rubi & Koko Viper
4) Gato Fantasma & Hijo del Ninja vs Lover Boy & Simbolo
5) Orlando Santa Cruz, Rambo, Silver Star vs Furor, Hijo del Cien Caras, Pierko el Boricua
CMLL (SUN) 02/14 Arena Mexico
1) Camaleón & Trueno vs Camorra & Semental
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrella Mágica, Marcela vs Hiroka, Yezca, Zeuxis
3) Máscara Dorada, Metro, Sagrado vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) Blue Panther, Strong Man, Toscano vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Hijo del Fantasma vs Negro Casas [CMLL MIDDLE]
New lineup because of the title match; they got rid of one match instead of going to six.
Perros (SAT) 02/20 Centro Civico de Ecatepec
1) ? vs ??
2) Cósmico & Konami vs Black Fire & Mr. Aguilita
3) ?, Celestial, Oriental vs Histeria II, Pesadilla, Ragde
4) X-Fly vs Charly Manson [MEX HEAVY]
5) Blue Demon Jr., LA Park, Super Crazy vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween, Mr. Águila
Next TV taping for them. Since they probably won’t be turning this around in two days, this date means they’ll need to get three weeks out of the previous taping. Kind of a surprise they’re not running six matches here too, so every taping can last three weeks.
Note the DTU guys in the tercera.