AAA TV (SUN) 02/07 Gimnasio Lazano Cardenas, Salamanca [AAA]
1) Alex Koslov & Sexy Star b Fabi Apache & Mari Apache
2) Rio Bravo II, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana b Gato Eveready, Lasser Boy, Relampago
3) Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario b Crazy Boy & Extreme Tiger
4) Cibernético, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Alex Koslov, Chessman, Konnan, Zorro
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Electroshock b El Mesías & Marco Corleone
2010 AAA TV Chart
Projected Air Date (#926)
Before I get started, a brief point on AAA creative: it’s pretty clear that there’s been a booking change here, based both on the evidence we call see (these results) and the background noise of late (Roldan stepping away from creative, writers being let go.) If you take a moment to step back and look at the big picture, the Dec/Jan tapings were lame duck shows, and this week was the start of some new directions and the start of whomever is making those decisions. The point is – you can’t wholly blame the current guy for the old guy’s decision, because they’re two different people.
One of the many things very clear from this week is while the old guy might have set up Latin Lover vs Mesias for the AAA Heavyweight Championship for Rey de Reyes, the new guy is not very interested in actually doing this match. This main event was again all about Electroshock trying to force his way into that main event. He got the clean pin on Marco, despite failing to get along with Dr. Wagner thru the match. Electroshock is not feuding with Wagner but seems out on his own, and still demanding to be in that main event. I’d expect him to get it.
The rest of the card, starting from the opener
- No typo in the opener. Legion attacked Cinthia in the back. Somehow, Alex was allowed to take her place, and got Fabi with the crossface for the win. After the match, Aerostar, Fabi Apache’s partner/secret admirer Gran Apache, Fabi & Mari’s father who was on the show Xtreme Tiger, who has absolutely nothing to do with any of this and appeared to be going after an entirely different title, made the save and challenged Alex for a title shot. Hooray?
- There have been 4 TV title defenses of the AAA Cruiserweight Title. All four have involved Extreme Tiger, and all but one have included Alex Koslov.
- Lasser Boy won one consecutive match before losing, clean, to Tiger Cota. Saving my eye roll for the next taping, if this isn’t going anywhere.
- Hermandad Xtreme defeated Crazy Boy and Xtreme Tiger (there he is.) They beat Crazy Boy so bad, AAA calls him Atomic Boy. (I don’t really understand that joke either.) Nicho & Lider are believed to hold the record for the longest title reign by a team no one cares one iota about.
- Monster Clown beat Alex Koslov to keep the streak going. Also, we now know Monster Clown would probably beat Fabi Apache in a fight. (In case you were curious.) Cibernetico said he and the Circus were together. Maybe together enough to stop wearing the Bizarros shirt?
(News update will be up late tonight. Probably.)