IWRG (SUN) 01/31 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Epidemia b Guizmo
2) Heavy Boy & Hijo del Signo b Eragon & Eros
3) Angelico, Hijo del Pantera, Pantera b Gringo Loco, Trauma II, Veneno
4) Dr. Cerebro b El Hijo del Diablo [IWRG IC Light]
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan b Negro Navarro & Trauma I [IWRG IC TAG]
Morgans are the new tag team champs. Rough night for the Gringos – Diablo lost in his title match, and Gringo Loco planted his head in the mat on a bad top rope 450, injuring himself and missing the rest of the match.
CMLL (TUE) 02/02 Arena Mexico [ESTO, Fuego en el Ring, CMLL]
1) Astro Boy & Trueno b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Estrella Mágica, Lady Apache, Star Fire b La Comandante, La Seductora, Mima Shimoda
3) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Rush b Cancerbero, Loco Max, Nosferatu
4) Blue Panther, Metro, Valiente b Averno, Ephesto Virus, Mephisto
5) Felino b La Sombra
Felino snuck in a foul on Sombra for the win. Tecnicas won the second match in straight falls.
CMLL (TUE) 02/02 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring, Informador]
1) El Divino b Meteoro
2) Ebola & In Memoria b Angelo & Virgo
3) Astaroth & Hierro DQ Asesino Negro & Ráfaga
4) Ángel Azteca, Diamante, Metal Blanco b Euforia, Máscara Mágica, Shigeo Okumura
5) Máscara Dorada & Místico b Misterioso II & Último Guerrero
Mistico worked as a tecnico, won clean with La Mistica. No word on the tercera DQ.
Ovaciones interviews Negro Casas & La Mascara, who respect their opponents but will not let DF finish second. When asked, Negro says Mistico might have been getting booed, but that doesn’t make him a rudo and figures he’ll go back to being a boring old tecnico.
AAA recaps the Pimpi/WagnerManiacos devolpments, and wonders if Pimpi will join the group. This has to be discussed on Slammin’ Stan.
Laredo Kid visited a local school to talk about his job and how kids need to train in a school before wrestling.
A title match in Cuernavaca was announced as for the local welterweight championship, but Estrellas del Ring noted the belt actually said “Torneo Novato de Oro 1996“. Ring announcer gamely attemped to cover by declaring they were actually fighting to see who was better in 1996.
Cronicas y Leyenda has part II of it’s look at Mil Mascaras vs Billy Graham.
Segunda Caida has more 06 & 07 Cassandro.
One lineup of note:
AAA (SAT) 02/27 Coliseo Centenario, Torreon
1) Esther Moreno & Goddess vs La Hechicera & Tiffany
2) El Dorado, Pimpinela Escarlata, Yuriko vs Rió Bravo, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana
3) Gronda II, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Octagón vs Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
4) Black Warrior, El Elegido, La Parka Jr. vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Electroshock, Silver King
Yep, Black Warrior. He could just be back home and working this as a one off, but since there were already rumors of Warrior joining AAA, this is probably a bit more permanent. Wagner III has been working around here when not working with the Perros, so his status is a more murky. The women in the opener still do work for AAA, though you wouldn’t know it from TV.