CMLL (SUN) 01/17 Arena Mexico [Ovaciones (PDF), ESTO]
1) Principe & Trueno b Cholo & Disturbio
2) Delta, Leono, Metatrón DQ Apocalipsis, Durango Kid, Inquisidor
3) Ángel de Oro, Pegasso, Rey Cometa b Dr. X, Hooligan, Loco Max
4) Averno, Mephisto, Negro Casas b Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Sagrado
5) Héctor Garza, Místico, Shocker b Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
Garza pinned Ultimo Guerrero again, to set up Friday’s title match. Averno & Mephisto replaced Felino & Naito, and ESTO and Ovaciones actually differ on the result. No word on the DQ in the segunda.
Perros (SUN) 01/17 Arena Lopez Mateos [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Skayde Jr. b Carta Brava Jr.
2) Cósmico b Mini Talisman
3) Rey Krimen, Sepulturero I, Terry 2000 b Iron Love, Robin Maravilla, Sadico
4) Celestial & Turbo b Black Thunder & Mr. Aguilita
5) Veneno & X-Fly b el Ángel & Nova
6) Damián 666, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween b Charly Manson, Groon XXX, Oriental
X-Fly was all over the top two matches, pulling Nova’s mask before pinning him, and costing Charly the main event. Skayde Jr.’s gear looks neat.
IWRG (SUN) 01/17 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Keshin Black b Ángel de la Noche
2) Dinamic Black & Guizmo b Comando Negro & Guerrero 2000
3) Chico Che, Eragon, Ultramán Jr. b Alan Extreme, Hijo del Signo, Trauma II
4) El Hijo del Diablo & Gringo Loco b Black Terry & Dr. Cerebro
5) Negro Navarro & Trauma I b Canek & el Hijo del Canek and Hijo del Pantera & Pantera and Olímpico & Suicida [IWRG IC TAG, semifinal]
Suicida is not Olimpico’s son (that would be odd), but Exodia was hurt. Negro got Canek in the end, with some help from Trauma I.
None of the undercard matches the poster they had for this show. Oh well. Semimain was a bloody war, Diablo fouling Dr. Cerebro for the win.
Ovaciones also has a Sexi Star interview, where she accuses Fabi Apache of not actually shaving her head. Perish the thought. Astounding they’d bring that up, unless they figure everyone knows – nah – or they were going to do something about it – also nah. Probably just Sexi Star being Sexi Star. Sexi Star notes Fabi brags about training and wrestling in Japan, which proves Sexi Star is the true Mexican hero and Fabi is just a lowly poor Indian.
This month’s Record has a fan vote of the top 100 masks ever, and Dos Caras was voted #1. It’s a fine mask, but I would not have gone that way. Inside, there’s an interview with Lluvia, hanging out an internet cafe, which predictably moves her up.
Latin Lover is in talks to join a Televisa telenovela, but is not sure he wants to work six days a week.
Cibernetico appears on Te Das or Te Rindes on Tuesday.
Camaleon de Oro kept his mask over King Azteca in Tijuana on Saturday.