IWRG (FRI) 01/01 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Avisman & Flama Infernal b Eragon & Volaris
2) Guizmo & Ultramán Jr. b Keshin Black & Veneno [quarterfinal]
3) Dr. Cerebro & Hijo del Signo b Imperial & Rocket [quarterfinal]
4) Chico Che & Dinamic Black b Alan Extreme & Black Terry [quarterfinal]
5) Comando Negro & Oficial 911 b Bushi & Guerrero 2000 [quarterfinal]
6) Fantasma de la Ópera & Gringo Loco b Trauma I & Trauma II
7) Dr. Cerebro & Hijo del Signo b Guizmo & Ultramán Jr. [semifinal]
8) Comando Negro & Oficial 911 b Chico Che & Dinamic Black [semifinal]
9) Dr. Cerebro & Hijo del Signo b Comando Negro & Oficial 911 [final]
(Black Terry Jr. has video of this show on his YouTube channel.)
Veteran/Rookie tournament. Dr. Cerebro replaced Cerebro Negro, which makes sense. Rocket replaced Freelance, which does not quite make sense. Cerebro & Signo are the winners; no word on a specific prize.
During the show, IWRG gave out awards were given to some wrestlers in Black Terry Jr.’s wrestling class: Gringo Loco, Flama Infernal, Hijo del Signo, and Black Terry. Hooray!
There’s a lot of shows today taking advantage of Dia de Reyes, and CMLL’s Arena Coliseo show is probably the biggest. Kind of a surprise that they’re moving a special show out of Arena Mexico, since it always goes the other way. The big match on the show is the final of the Mexican Trios Tournament.
This poll scares me.
On Monday, Ovaciones explains this tournament was taking place because the titles had not been defended for 90 days. Other titles that should be vacated by that standard:
- CMLL World Minis Championship: Bam Bam (no known defenses since 12/19/2008)
- CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship: Epehsto (no known defenses – AT ALL. Won it on 05/26/09)
- CMLL World Heavyweight Championship: Ultimo Guerrero (no known defenses since 09/25/2009)
- CMLL World Trios Championship: Hector Garza, La Mascara, Hijo del Fantasma (no known defenses since 09/16/09)
- NWA World Welterweight Championship: Mephisto (no known defenses since 07/13/09)
- Mexican National Lightweight Championship: Pierrothito (no known defenses since 09/25/09)
A lot of tournaments coming up! (Someone smarted up, because that reason is not mentioned today.)
Cronicas Y Leyendas looks back at Mil Mascaras, athlete of the year 1977.
In this link, Intocable hits on random Mexican singer, describes himself in bed. I am sorry I’m including that link.
El Hijo del Santo says PERHAPS this will be the year he and Blue Demon Jr. face off in a mask match. Or maybe they’ll team. Or maybe they’ll do neither of these things.
CMLL (SUN) 01/10 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino vs Katana
2) Magnum & Samurai vs Acertijo & Exterminador
3) Gallo & Neutrón vs Malefico & Mr. Trueno
4) Dalis la Caribeña, Lluvia, Star Fire vs La Comandante, Magnifica, Princesa Sujei
5) Brazo de Plata, La Sombra, Toscano vs Terrible, Texano, Vangelis
That’s going to be a rough semifinal.
CMLL (TUE) 01/12 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Relampago & Virgo vs Meteoro & Thunder Boy
2) Angelo & Metatrón vs Asesino Negro & Drago
3) Hierro & Palacio Negro vs Ángel del Mal & Rey Trueno
4) Máscara Dorada & Máximo vs Ephesto & Euforia
5) Blue Panther & Brazo de Plata vs Terrible & Texano
Feels like nothing going on here (too.)
No 6 top stories of the last 2 weeks today. There hasn’t really been any.
I’ll be on Figure Four Daily later today.