CMLL (SUN) 12/27 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Astro Boy, Bengala, Freesbe (IWRG) DQ Artillero, Disturbio, Súper Comando
2) Dr. X, Hooligan, Nitro b Diamante, Fabián el Gitano, Leono
3) Euforia, Pólvora, Virus b Fuego, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
4) Shocker b Mr. Niebla
5) Máscara Dorada, Místico, Toscano DQ Felino, Terrible, Texano Jr.
Main event came down to Felino and Dorada, and Felino fouled Dorada. They’ll have a singles match (non-title) next week.
Edit: La Comadante was hanging out with Terrible & Texano again, and apparently this is going to be a permanent thing. It makes no more sense to me than it did on 12/04, but maybe they’ll explain it now.
Mr. Niebla was going for La Nieblina, but Shocker cradled him for the pin. Mr. Niebla still wants that mask vs hair match, but I would bet zero dollars and zero cents on that.
Dr. X replaced Bronco. Super Comando yanked Astro Boy’s mask for the DQ.
IWRG (SUN) 12/27 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (photos)]
1) Ángel de la Noche b Keshin Black
2) Dinamic Black & Imperial b Alan Extreme & Hijo del Signo
3) Arlequin Amarillo, Arlequin Negro, Arlequin Rojo b Diva Salvaje, Jack, Miss Gaviota
4) Gringo Loco, Maldito Jr., Samoth b Eragon, Exodia, Freelance
5) Angelico, Suicida, Zatura DQ Trauma I, Trauma II, Veneno
Dia De Inocentes joke stories: Hijo del Santo vs Blue Demon Jr. agree to a mask match at SuperLuchas, Box Y Lucha 2954’s entire cover, half the threads on Box Y Lucha. Basically, if you read something that surprises you today, that was probably the idea. The Universal Studios is throwing Hulk Hogan a parade should be a comedy post, but actually is real.
Estrellas del Ring looks back at 2009 in Monterrey. Ought to make a round up of all these posts at some point.
Cronicas Y Leyendas looks back at Muto vs Canek in 1987.
Ohtani’s Jacket and Raging Noodles pick their 2009 Lucha Awards. Which reminds me, when I post this week’s IWRG, I need to warn everyone just to turn the show off after the first fall of the first match.