CMLL (TUE) 12/22 Arena Mexico [Cesar, ESTO]
1) Cholo & Ramstein b Principe & Súper Camaleón
2) Leono, Pegasso, Rey Cometa b Apocalipsis, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Máscara Dorada, Metro, Stuka Jr. b Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo [MEX TRIOS, quarterfinal]
4) Euforia, Pólvora, Virus b Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata [MEX TRIOS, quarterfinal]
5) Máscara Dorada, Metro, Stuka Jr. b Euforia, Pólvora, Virus [MEX TRIOS, semifinal]
6) Hijo del Fantasma, Shocker, Toscano DQ Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Tecnicos won the first fall, and the rudos fouled Shocker in the second. Rough holiday season for Shocker.
The team that had never teamed before and has nothing in particular in common won the tournament. CMLL! They go onto face whoever is in next week’s bracket, and hope to join such prestigious units as Maximo, Texano & Sagrado, and Safari, Olimpico and Mr. Niebla. (I still think, relative to other recent holders of these titles, Poder Mexica was actually a successful trio. Which says a lot more about how these titles have been used than Poder Mexica.)
Cholo won with the Cholo Clutch. Cholo has a finish?
CMLL (TUE) 12/22 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Meteoro & Virgo b Katana & Skaxy
2) Ebola & Exterminador b Hierro & Relampago Azul
3) Asesino Negro & Infierno b Drago & Ráfaga
4) Fuego, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
5) Héctor Garza b Atlantis
Despite the referee helping Atlantis, Hector still took the main event. Semimain sounds Maximo-rific.
I finally understand Sunday’s IWRG main event after reading The Gladiatores recap of the show. It was unannounced father/son six way battle. All the sons would started together, and the fathers would take their son’s place when they were eliminated.
1) Hijo del Pantera (nice debut!)
3) Olimpico – got injured on a dive and had to be taken out
4) Mascara Ano 200 0 Jr.
5) Trauma I
6) Hijo del Pirata Morgan
7) Hijo del Canek
8) Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.
10) Negro Navaro
11) Pirata Morgan – only after the Canek/Pirata kids fought again, and perhaps with some illegalness
This seems to be setting up Pirata vs Canek in a title match, not a swell idea. Honestly, it’s Pirata Morgan who didn’t look so good on the IWRG TV I’ve seen (though he was facing Porky.)
The Gladiatores also have a report from the first Expo Mascaras.
CMLL’s Twitter says Camorra will be out two months, after getting hurt on Friday.
A friend of Incognito’s posted his new WWE contract on Box y Lucha. He’s going to FCW. Lesson one of being a success in WWE: do not have people take pictures of your contract for message boards (or magazines.) Hope he does well.
I had it wrong yesterday; Perros del Mal will be on TVC Deportes on Saturday, but it’s the Arena Neza show, not the one from the Acapulco.
9News Denver talks to the local lucha libre promotion.
Mask Mania celebrates Christmas Eve with a combo Nitro, Dr. X and Sangre Azteca mask.
Kcidis has a great Hijo del Fantasma/Sangre Azteca cartoon.
Ras de Lona #77 has interviews with the stars of the 2009. I swear, I had no idea what Valiente was doing on this show there until they showed the footage of him winning the middleweight title. Just a blip in my mind.
SPARTAN (SUN) 12/27 Auditorio Municipal de Tampico [SuperLuchas]
1) King Boy & Octagoncito vs Payasito Diabolico & Piratita Morgan
2) Mercurio & Oro Negro vs Loco Castillo & Redentor
3) Huracan Ramriez Jr. & Ultramán Jr. vs Cien Caras Jr. & Super Parka
4) Blue Demon Jr. vs El Hijo Del Santo, Hijo de Rey Misterio [NWA HEAVY]
Poster actually lists the match as for the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship, which is Texano’s title. Or maybe it’s one of the other guys has a Light Heavyweight title that’s actually being defended here? Santo has welterweight titles, but maybe Hijo del Rey has a random title that they’re confusing here.