IWRG (THU) 12/17 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores via Luchando Libre]
1) Chico Che & Eragon b Arlequin Amarillo & Arlequin Rojo
2) Avisman & Gringo Loco b Bushi & Freelance
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro [copa Pirata Moreno]
4) Capitán Muerte L Zatura, Xibalba, Exodia, Pendulo, Trauma I, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Ultramán Jr., Fantasma de la Ópera, Tóxico [mask, cage]
Capitan Muerte lost his mask to Zatura in the cage match. Capitan Muerte is Guillermo Martinez Cid, 8 years a wrestler from Tlanepantla. That info is a bit surprising; we were under the belief that this was the former Bombero Infernal, who would’ve been wrestling for 21 years, but the name sort of matches up. More important to me at the moment is I finally figured out Captain is actually spelled Capitan in Spanish and I’m not losing my mind when I think the other way looks right.
For what it’s worth, Toxico did make the show.
Arena Mexico previews: Notimex
Big stories on the show are the Super Sky Team team up in the main event, and Rey Bucanero’s first match here in seven months.
There are bigger shows elsewhere today. AAA’s final taping of the year takes place in Chilpanicgo, with WagnerManicas vs AAA on top and the debuts of the newest Vipers. Also, Perros del Mal is advertising it’s show tonight in Acapulco as a TV taping, but where the show will air or when the show will air are mysteries, as usual. Main event is the usual Perros vs Park & Friends (Hijo de Lizmark, Charly) bit.
Ultimo Guerrero is now teasing he may retire, because he’s been losing too much and he hurts. I do not take this seriously at all.
Felino says he will not risk his mask versus Mistico, and hopes to retire with it. Time for Mistico to move on. Felino also says Princesa Blanca is hurt and out of action until next year.
Also hurt: Zayco, who dislocated a shoulder on Tuesday.
AAA talks to new champ Mini Abismo Negro, who says the Roldans have told him he’ll be the only Abismo Negro, and he’s representing Abismo Negro at the movie premier. Mini Abismo was happy to directly beat Charly in the Guerra de Titanes match, to prove he should be the champ, and hopes to successfully defend the title (unlike Charly.)
Axxel tells SuperLuchas that, were El Santo alive, he’d die of disappointment due to Hijo del Santo’s treatment of his uncles and nephew. Axxel also says he’d work with CMLL if they called.
Fuego en el Ring talks to Los Traumas about wrestling Guadalajara.
Extremely minor deal department: someone updated the CMLL’s Arena Mexico lineups to change “RUSH” back to “Rouge” for Sunday. Only took five days!
Kcidis wonders about Cibernetico’s future backup.
DJ Spectro picks Bobby Lee Jr. as the Batallador de 2009.
Proyeccion Luchistica has photos from the Reyes del Ring year end party.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
The latest Slamming Stan is up.
DTU (SUN) 01/10 Arena Lopez Mateos [DTU]
1) ? & Dement Xtreme vs Flamita & Talaxys and Hormiga & Muerte Bucanera
2) Dance Boy vs Juan el Ranchero, Chico Che
3) Drastick Boy vs Dinastia
4) Black Fire & Freelance vs Cerebro Negro & Terry 2000 and Money Pack & Sadico
5) Magnifico vs Ragde, Pesdailla
6) Último Gladiador vs Super Mega, Epitafio, Sepulturero I, Rey Krimen
7) Areoboy & Violento Jack vs Crazy Boy & Insane
No sign of Toxico and Paranoiko, for what it’s wroth.
EAW (THU) 01/01 Gimansio Juan de la Barrera [EdR, NotiMex]
1) Dinastia & Pesadilla vs Konami & Radge
2) Dinamita Kid & Silver Dragon vs Neurosis & Startron
3) Alto Voltaje & Turbo vs Black Thunder & Kukuxtlan
4) El Alebrije & Pollo vs Monsther & Pirata Morgan Jr.
5) Pantera & Super Crazy vs Charly Manson & Juventud Guerrera
6) Canek Jr., Groon XXX, Tinieblas Jr. vs Histeria, Pirata Morgan, Psicosis II
You can get a free ticket if you bring a toy to be given away to kids. Notimex article says the building currently seats 3,500 in the stands and 400 on the floor.