box. Lesson of last week is to just trust the listings.
AAA-US: 11/20 taping, featuring Mesias/Latin/Marco vs Lider/Nicho/…well, there’s a Cibernetico angle that explains who #3 is. WagnerManiacs vs Legion trios.
52MX: Women’s trio, and more Metro for your dollar.
IWRG: Fierro/Freelance hair match, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. tribute match. Of course it’s the Rayo Jr. tribute show the week I (may) get to see a show.
AAA-Mexico TV: yea, no previews for these. But I’ll leave them down on the chart as long as I remember to check in on them, and maybe I’ll recap one on a super slow week. Also, why would you rename your next work “Mexico TV”? You’re never going to turn up on google with that name, and you don’t own mexicotv.com or mexico.tv.
AYM Sports: who knows. Looks like there’s something at 2:30am, in a few hours, but usually my schedule updates and it’s not there any more. If anyone can find an updated accurate schedule for this network, they’re better than me.
CMLL-MEX: top 3, which should include minis (yay) and Brazos vs V5/Okumura/Negro (boo)
AAA-MEX: Monterrey taping, WagnerManiacs vs Mesias/Parka/Latin. I was going to ask if anyone had thoughts about this show, but I’m pretty sure I have no interest in those thoughts at this point. (Did we ever find out what aired here?)
CMLL-FOX: 5pm show. Either something’s changing this week, or the setup matches for both title matches are taking out here.
AAA-FOX: repeat week, at 8:30pm.
C3: Back at it’s normal time. Top 4, which should be some good stuff.
Puebla: This week at 6, right after AAA ends. I’m guessing no segunda.
ACM: maybe matches from the Tuesday show, which lineup I never posted. It’s a mystery.
indy (SAT) 12/05 Auditorio Municipal de Tampico [SuperLuchas, DJ Spectro]
1) Karios b Infierno
2) Angel Negro, Bunker, Lumino, Rayo Azteca b Aborto, Arsenal, Halcon de Fuego, La Chacala
3) Dr. Cerebro, Mensajero de la Muerte, Sadico b Centauro, Freelance, Okusono
4) Mr. Aguilita & Pequeño Halloween b La Parkita & Octagoncito
5) Charly Manson b Máscara Año 2000 Jr. [MEX HEAVY]
6) Hijo del Lizmark, Monsther, Pirata Morgan b Angelico, Hijo del Rey Misterio, LA Park
The story goes, when Charly lost to Mesias years back in the title unification tournament for the (then new) AAA World Heavyweight Championship, it could not actually be a Mexican National Heavyweight Championship match, because Mesias is not a Mexican National. Charly had the belt on AAA TV maybe once or twice after that, but now he’s going to start defending it again.
CMLL (SUN) 12/06 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Molotov b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Amapola, Hiroka, Mima Shimoda b Dalis la Caribeña, Lady Apache, Marcela
3) Euforia, Pólvora, Virus b Fabián el Gitano, Flash, Stuka Jr.
4) Metro, Toscano, Valiente b Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Shigeo Okumura
5) Mephisto, Terrible, Texano Jr. b La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Místico
Since you know the changes to this Sunday’s lineup, you probably could’ve guess these finishes. Mephisto pinned Mistico (with some help from Terrible) to set up that title match, while the Cancerberos won in straight falls to set up there. Virus & crew winning in two falls is much more like it.
The segunda appears to be Dalis’ official debut, so no surprise she lost. Angel Azteca Jr. replaced Metalico in the opener.
This is said to be the last Arena Coliseo show of the year – they’ll be running Arena Mexico for the rest of the way.
CMLL (TUE) 12/08 Arena Mexico [ESTO]
2) Arkangel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo DQ Ángel Azteca Jr., Guerrero Maya Jr., Starman
3) Euforia, Pólvora, Virus b Fuego, Pegasso, Rey Cometa
4) Terrible, Texano Jr., Vangelis b Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado, Valiente
5) Blue Panther, Místico, Shocker b Felino, Misterioso II, Negro Casas
Crowd was heavily behind the rudos in the main event. Didn’t help them.
Semimain is said to be the best match. DQ in semimain was for excessive violence by the rudos. Angel Azteca Jr. – fill in supreme – replaced Tigre Blanco.
CMLL (TUE) 12/08 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
5) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Fuego only has the main event result, but pictures of the rest. Volador beat Averno. They’ve done that title match in DF and Puebla, so maybe Guadalajara is next.
CMLL has a long news update with a couple of different stories. One is about CMLL’s injury rehab process, talking to the chief doctor and talking about the injuries Rey Bucanero, Nino de Acero and Rouge have suffered. The article says there’s 15 luchadors/luchadoras currently working thru issues (though that doesn’t mean they’re all out, since Rouge isn’t.) Rey Bucanero is hoping to return from knee ligament reconstruction on 12/19 for the CMLL Arena Monterrey show, but that doesn’t sound guaranteed right now. Nino de Acero is still recovering from breaking his femur back in February in an Arena Puebla match; it’s taking much longer than expected, but things have gone better since they’ve changed the therapy. Rouge’s left shoulder keeps gets dislocated (why he’s frequently getting medically removed from matches), apparently because he never did proper rehab back when the injury first occurred.
Bucanero, Nino and Puebla wrestler Sauron also visited children doing their own rehabd, and talked about their injuries and the process of their own injuries. There’s also the article about Bucanero, Aquaris and others visiting a college classroom that Box Y Lucha ran a few days ago.
STRONG MAN PULLS A BUS. That man is strong. I like how Hector Garza’s just there to look impressed. A fine job, though not as fine as pulling a bus. Next up: a plane!
Informador hypes up Festival de Lucha Libre. Besides those who are coming, they did talk to Santo (didn’t come to a deal) and also tried to get Rey Misterio Jr. for an autograph signing (couldn’t work it out.)
Longtime Monterrey trainer Mr. Lince is hosting a lucha libre photography/workshop/lecture on 12/19. Article talks a lot about his career (and the usual Kids These Dys speech, though he does have some valid points.)
The show itself did not appear to be well received. Despite lower prices than usual for this level of event, CMLL didn’t come close to selling out.
2) AAA announced their lineup for Guerra de Titanes, their last major show of the year. Besides the two matches previously announced (Wagner/Mesias and Cibernetico/Konnan), there’s also an elimination match to determine the Heavyweight challenger for Rey de Reyes (4 months later) and Fabi Apache vs Sexi Star hair vs mask match. The tag and minis titles will also be defended.
3) Dr. Wagner Jr. won AAA’s Lucha Libre Premier championship – the league format tournament finished for the year (or for longer) at Six Flags Mexico. Jack Evans, Marco Corleone and Wagner all reached the (random) number of points to reach the final, but Dr. Wagner won this match just like he won every other big match. Much as he does with Mesias, Wagner (the rudo) portrayed himself as the heroic Mexican fighting off the evil foreigners. He’s Canek.
4) CMLL’s booking department talked to Box Y Lucha – they said they don’t expect a turnaround in the economy until spring, which may explain the rebuilding mode, and mentioned a bunch of midcarders they’ve elevated to higher midcarders.
6) Based on AAA TV, Dorian Roldan appears to be turning rudo, joining Konnan. Dorian was shown blocking the tecnico locker room, blocking them from making the save when the Legion beat up Cibernetico a couple weeks ago. The storyline has headed this direction since Dorian was returned from being kidnapped.
other stories: AAA held a mostly unnoteworthy TV taping in Monterrey, except for the half full attendance…CMLL held it’s annual bodybuilding contest…CMLL wrestlers returned from their tour of France, proclaiming success (though their last show was canceled)…CMLL had lots of title defenses, with no chances and only the tag title one getting much notice…Ultimo Guerrero reversed himself on Guerreros del Atlantida splitting up…Octagon tells the press he’d like to be a Santo-like legend, and nearly has a warrant put out for him the next day…Bushi won the IWRG Lightweight Championship, then lost his mask (he’s AJPW’s T28)…Super Porky is now sponsored by Rotoplas…Estrella told people she was retiring…DTU ran a show with CZW wrestlers…Arena Isabel will be torn down, this time for sure.