CMLL (TUE) 07/21 Arena Mexico [ESTO]
3) Lady Apache, Lluvia, Marcela b Amapola, Hiroka, Yezca
4) Felino, Heavy Metal, Ray Mendoza Jr. b Hector Garza, Mictlan, Sagrado
5) Hijo del Fantasma b Averno [CMLL MIDDLE]
Fantasma took falls two and three with bridging pins, though Averno controlled most of the match. Averno congratulated him after the match. Fantasma is the 14th champion, now a double CMLL champ (Trios, Middleweight.) Averno will have be content with the title he doesn’t defend.
ESTO’s article says Ray Mendoza (in for Lizmark Jr.) and Heavy Metal have been added to the cage match. Eh. The report last Saturday was that a poster said 14 people in the cage, and Maximo & Okumura make the most sense. Edit: Fuego en el Ring says Maximo & Okumura are officially in. Edit 2: CMLL confirms those four, plus Panther, and adds Mictlan to the match for absolutely no reason. That’s 15!
One of the two women accused in killing La Parkita & Espectrito II has been arrested. Estela Gonzalez (BBC version), nicknamed “La Tia” and 65 years old, was found in Mexico City. She was using one of the minis cell phones (these are not criminal masterminds) and the police traced the calls. They’re still working on tracking down the other.
(Strong Style Spirit) Mistico is getting an IGWP Junior Heavyweight title shot on 08/15. They’ll team on the 08/13 show, then fight on 08/15. No Negro Casas after all; Okumura goes worth to work the openers of both shows. The August 15th show is also the last day of group play in the G1 tournament, so it’s going to be a pretty busy show. My thought, yesterday before this was even announced, is Mistico is not going to Japan to lose.
Fuego en el Ring talks to Oro II and his photoshopped head about working the show in Lagos de Moreno next wednesday. As I’ve finally realized, this is the Oro IIthe original Plata, who was Oro II for a while. It sounds like it’s just a one time deal, but they’re hoping it’ll open the door to more.
Azazel wants a rematch with Palacio Negro, and blames the referee for fast counting him down.
Box Y Lucha posted a bunch of articles
– Espectrito talks about he and his brother’s careers.
– Columnist is annoyed with rudos teaming up and going 3 or 4 on 1 tecnico during matches. They’re not following the rules!
– Lizmark explains he’s doing a retirement tour. Cien Caras is still on his. Lizmark talks about Hijo de Lizmark (“I do not know how his career is taking”) but no mention of Lizmark Jr.
– Elegido says he’s fully dedicated to wrestling. Or at least only doing his dancing in the wrestling ring, because he’s turning down Intocable offer to do some show. Elegido would like to team up with Alan Stone and challenge for the tag titles. Alan Stone, Gronda II, almost the same.
– Sexi Star says it’s a matter of time before she poses for a men’s magazine.
– Konnan blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. “The Mexican wrestlers who come here must format your hard disk to adapt” is a great strange translation. US wrestling is like a completely different operating system. I think the indies run on Ubantu.
– Sangre Chicana would like to wrestle in Arena Mexico again, and bring along his son. Chicana thinks he’s got ‘pnly’ 2 or 3 more years left.
– Villano III talks about having a show in the middle of nowhere, and the ring not showing up. To prevent a riot, they just got a canvas and wrestled on the floor of the arena.
– Cotorreando con Box Y Lucha talks to Shiima Xion among others.
LA Park is bored by light tubes. Yet another thing we have in common.
Mini Mascara Ano 2000, seafood cook.
Televisa officallys launches Televisa Deportes Networks tomorrow. Lucha libre is mentioned in the list of programming, but no specifics. This would be a fine time to be starting another AAA show, but that is just random speculation.
Proyeccion Luchistica also has the map of the lucha libre expo layout. Looks like there’s still an open table for me to buy. (Maybe not.)
Slam writes about Blue Demon in Toronto.
El Pancracio has the definitive picture of Naito falling asleep at the press conference. Must’ve been just worn out from training so much.
The new episode of Slammin’ Stan is tomorrow night.
Ovaciones website seems MIA at the moment.