Ovaciones says Mephisto defends the NWA Welterweight championship against Mistico, next Monday.
Edit: Here’s that full card, from CMLL
Edit 2: fixed!
CMLL (MON) 07/13 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, King Jaguar, Lestat vs Aguila Guerrera, Espiritu Maligno, Mr. Rafaga
2) Astro Boy, Centella de Oro, Tony Rivera vs Caligula, Méssala, Policeman
3) Fabian el Gitano, Metro, Mictlan vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skandalo
4) Hector Garza, Hijo del Fantasma, La Mascara vs Naito, Ultimo Guerrero, Yujiro
5) Mephisto vs Mistico [NWA WELTER]
and GDL’s card for next week…
CMLL (TUE) 07/14 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro & Novato vs Relampago & Skaxy
2) Leon Blanco & Metatron vs Ebola & Malefico
3) Casanova & Neutron vs Asesino Negro & Drago
4) Dark Angel & Zeuxis vs Amapola & Hiroka
5) Sagrado & Shocker vs Terrible & Texano Jr.
All tag matches! Think they might be setting up a title match in the main event.
Box Y Lucha has a roundup of articles on Espectrito II and La Parkita’s deaths. The police have arrested the “manager of the women, but think the women may have fled out of the metro area. The whole crime appears to have been very planned out; hotel workers are mentioned of having hidden information about the wrestlers stay and altering the closed circuit video from that day.
ESTO interviews Naito. The headline says he’s challenging Mistico, but that’s only in the way that every rudo challenges Mistico by existing. He’s actually more specifically interested in fighting Texano Jr. (since they fought in Japan), Hector Garza, or challenging for the tag titles.
Vanguardia talks to el Hijo del Santo about his trip to Europe. El Hijo del Santo says his father never wrestled in Europe or Asia – didn’t el Santo wrestle in Japan? Anyway, Santo also talks about innovating (in branding) and thinks the problem with his favorite fubtol team (America) is perhaps the guaranteed contracts cause the players to lose their passion and drive.
Google translates the headline of an AAA news article to “Laredo Kid in search of rats”. Article is not that interesting. They also promote a Dos de Tres story on a day with Fabi Apache. Saves you the effort of stalking her.
Many Box Y Lucha article
– Hector Garza talks about his career. He says he and his brother only trained for four months before they debuted, so they had no time to pick out masks.
– Ramstein says he hasn’t left CMLL, but stop training and turned up only infrequently due to personal issues. He wants to start over from a blank slate and rise. He’s training with someone who’s worked with Valiente and Volador. Ramstein says he got the name from the band, his mask was designed as a combo between comic book character Spawn and Hayabusa’s mask, and he will not talk about Fugaz with you.
– Shiima Xion is hoping to do so well for AAA that they keep him around for much longer than a month.
– Same Dr. Wagner @ EAW interview that’s been discussed before.
– Villano III shares his memories of La Parkita & Espectrito II.